Where did everyone go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did everyone go?

The boards are so quiet tonight. I got online a few hours ago...it always takes me about an hour or two to catch up on posts. I love that time of the day--when there's lots and lots to read. Of course, it is Friday night. It seems its always a little quieter on the weekends. Hope everyone is doing well.

Julie

Where did everyone go?

Hi Julie,
    I probably read more than post, but it does seem a little quiet. I just got off from work.
    I guess I would say I like coming here because I know there are thos like me who have things, DRINKING in commen No one likes to feel alone.
    How about you?
    AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
    Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Where did everyone go?

I come here because it has given a small amount of willpower to begin to make changes. I went 4 Days AF this week. And that is quite a compliment to the MYO program. I love that people here get "it". There's no need to be embarrassed. I've learned that I'm not the only person out there having arguements with myself about alcohol. And I'm getting wonderful, practical solutions about how to fight against the need to drink.

And when I'm lonely, the wine bottle starts calling. So if I log on here, I shift my thoughts away from drinking. Instead, I think about what life is going to be like after--whether I moderate or abstain.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Julie

Comment

Where did everyone go?

Ah to moderate or not to moderate but abstain, that is the question I wrestle with but this program has meant a whole lot to me, and there are a lot of great people here. I like how wonderful it feels to be AF the longest I have gone is 35 days, but now well lets just say stress leads me to the wine bottle, never a good thing but I am fighting to work it out.

Good for you on 4 day and I hope we chat again!
        AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
        Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Where did everyone go?

It does'nt have to be quiet!

Yeh it does get quiet at the w/ends. For those that r home and feeling alone why don't MWO weekend browsers make certain times when they all log in and start a chat session. It would give those staying in at the weekend something special to look forward to and give them an opportunity to become more aquainted with each other.

Hey senior members... can u help out arranging it?:thanks:
          A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

Where did everyone go?

Yes all the people here do get 'it'. You are not alone, even if people are off line when you are on. The time zones are all different as so many of us are dotted around the world. Keep posting. Bella xx

Comment

Where did everyone go?

would have been a little less quiet but my internet connection didn't work in my last hotel...now it works! yeaaaaaahhhhh!!!! I'm in Vegas watching stranger barf on themselfs and nearly get run over staggering through the streets....yuk! sure don't miss that. Hangover free in Vegas is so cool! very liberating and meaningful to me.
              I get "it". happy weekend all....
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X