Ugh, here I go again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, here I go again

I was very active here for a long time. I sobered up after many failed attempts and remained sober for two years. In December 2012, I fell and fell hard. My life is completely out of control right now. I have to get my head back around sobriety. I know how to do it and what it takes, but I just can't seem to get where I need to be emotionally. So, I'm back here for support and to get going again. My health is a mess, my life is a mess... I have to get back on track.
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Ugh, here I go again

Welcome back Brittzak! Back on the wagon with you. What can we do to help? What happened in December that made you fall so hard?
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Ugh, here I go again

Looks like you have taken the first step. Sorry you are going through this again, I wish I had more to say but I am not particularly great at this myself. I think I remember your screen name from a while back? I have been on this site, on and off, since 2007 I think? Maybe 2008? It really helps a lot. When I fell off the wagon I didn't have internet access anymore at home (living on a street with a huge mountain between my house and the tower- very limited phone service as well which was not fun either). So, I guess do your best to stay close to here in the beginning... I find it very helpful.
      March: 23 days AF, April 26 days AF, May _23_ AF days
      May 29: back to day 1
      June: The battle continues......

Comment

Ugh, here I go again

Brittzak,

So odd. I thought of you the other day out of nowhere and now here you are.

You know your old friends will be here to help in anyway we can.

PM me if you need to chat.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Ugh, here I go again

Nothing happened really to make me fall. Life, but I know first hand booze only makes everything a million times worse. My son decided to live with his dad and my daughter is in college, empty nest syndrome, but its life. I have to handle life's occurrences better than this. I started drinking very heavily in 2006 when I lost my fianc?. After struggling for a long time, I did finally quit.

Comment

Ugh, here I go again

I'm gonna do this. I have to. I'm in a desperate place.

Comment

Ugh, here I go again

Welcome back!

Hi, Brittzak,

I know you are not new to all this but we would love to have you hang out with us in the Newbies Nest . Another woman, MinStar, who had been sober for 17 months is there now. We can all learn so much from one another!

I'm so sorry you are so down right now but glad you had the strength and courage to come back to MWO!

:h NS

Comment

Ugh, here I go again

Welcome back Brittzak - we are here for you. I was sober 11 months and fell. We will do this together. ((((((you)))))))

Love Waggy
                February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Ugh, here I go again

brittzak;1500635 wrote: I'm gonna do this. I have to. I'm in a desperate place.
                  G'day Britt.

I am with you all the way. Sending you positive vibes and strength, humility and peace.

Back to that AF power friend.

Once you are off the booze for a few days you'll start to feel much, much better. Remember that it doesn't take long to start feeling better, and with that comes strength and the beginnings of a real positive outlook.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ugh, here I go again

Hey Britt

Welcome back! Happy to see you here after a bit of a slip.

You know how to do it. Consequently I won't offer any advice. Just glad to see you back.

Sometimes things seem to be out of control and we drink. Though we ay have learned it's not a helpful response we do it anyway. Addiction is what it is.

Are you in South Carolina? I'm in Cary NC

Comment

Ugh, here I go again

Good to see you again Britt!

The important thing is you're BACK where you belong...with us :l
                      Let us know how we can help...let's figure out a plan for you and get this AF ball rolling!

I'm glad you're back!

K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Ugh, here I go again

I'm starting off with what I know worked last time. I will come here for support. No AL in the house at all.

Comment

Ugh, here I go again

good start...I am so sorry
                          I am reeling from the final effects of a DUI last year and how much it is costing me and my family
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Ugh, here I go again

I remember you, did you have the same avatar as you have now?
                            I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Ugh, here I go again

Yes I had the same Avatar.

Comment

Working...
                              X