Programme on addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programme on addiction

This radio programme broadcast this week about food addiction is extremely interesting and could be relevant to some people here(for various reasons), if you listen to the people speaking many of the behaviours are exactly the same as for alcoholics and other drug addicts. Things like sneaking food, stealing, hiding evidence, taking it back out of the bin. They mention the use of 12 -Step and medication approaches including Naltrexone.

I do know that some alcoholics do have eating issues, and I don't mean because they are drinking too much - I mean comfort eating, especially after quiting booze.

Sorry if people can't access it if they aren't in the UK, and also sorry if I've posted it in the wrong place - I'm going to also stick it in the meds section too. Just wasn't sure where it belonged.

BBC Radio 4 - Constant Cravings: Does Food Addiction Exist?
    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Programme on addiction

I have been eating non stop to quell the booze cravings. Drinking lots of water, but when a craving hits hard I turn to comfort food to get me through.
    Maybe I should try to be an exercise addict for a while. Yeah, I'm going to try that instead!!!!
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
    X