Made it to day 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it to day 14

With the aid of campral, I made it to the two week mark today. My appetite is back in full force (when I was drinking I hardly ate - many days I didn't eat at all), and my blood pressure is back to normal. I've also resumed regular exercise (running and weight training). I lost a lot of muscle not eating, so it's back to square one with the weights. Next stop, day 30.
    In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Made it to day 14

Congratulations! :yougo:
    AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Made it to day 14

Congratulations on getting to the 2 week mark! And good for you for starting a workout routine. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Made it to day 14

Well done!!

Comment

Made it to day 14

YAY!

Good for you! Keep it up!

Comment

Made it to day 14

Well done.....keep on trucking!

You should have an easy run to 30 days, be sure and plan activities for your free time and eat well and rest.

Comment

Made it to day 14

Well done Alky- keep up the good work :goodjob:

Comment

Made it to day 14

Thank you, everyone. It's the encouragement I get from all of you that helps me stay on the right path.
                In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Made it to day 14

Good Job Ex-Alky!! Two weeks is quite the achievement. I'm neck in neck with you. Let's keep up the exercise and eating together.
                  Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                  ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Made it to day 14

Great job, look forward to hearing from you at 30 days.
                    FT
                    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Made it to day 14

Hi Tipplerette, I noticed in the fitness forum that some users posted their workout logs in the past. I've decided to continue that if you are interested.

Comment

Made it to day 14

Well done, well on your way now. I always found the first week-10 days the most difficult.
                        I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Made it to day 14

Thanks, Ukblonde. Day 16 now. I had an appointment with my psychiatrist this morning. He was pleased to hear with the aid of campral I've been 100% abstinent and said he'll see me in three months, unless some sort of acute problem arises between now and then.

Comment

Made it to day 14

Well Done Alkie, That is a real milestone!

Comment

Working...
                            X