Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dixon come back with 7 kg up..

Hi all,
    really sorry to leave this site for a while...I gained weight and really worried about , just eating sleeping and a bit of drinking..I am tired of too much off days now.
    how are you all ?
    Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Hey Dixon,

I don't know if you know me....I'm a 52 year old woman who posts on the Monthly Abs Threads, and I read your posts quite often, and just want to chime in here. The reason I decided to provide you with TMI on my gender, age, etc., is because I get PMs from people asking me if I'm male....and.....am I gay?:H So, yes, female, and no, not gay. So sorry you are feeling down about the weight gain. Are you on anti-depressants...which can cause weight gain...or are you drinking more than "a bit?" Ugh, I feel your pain regarding the added weight. I gained over 25 lbs. in less than 3 months, and at the time....I was reading the Atkins' Diet book, and found that sudden weight gain can be caused by an underactive thyroid. Like you, I was tired ALL the time, and when I was home on the weekends....I would sleep during the during the day. My doctor had never tested my thyroid, and I begged her to do a blood test. Sure enough....it was an underactive thyroid. If your doctor hasn't done a blood test to determine this....then demand he/she do it, ASAP.

Regarding the drinking....you've stopped before....and you can do it again. Try and find out what went wrong and how you can find a new plan to stay AF. We'll be here for you. Keep posting!

Comment

Rusty;1504062 wrote: Hey Dixon,

I don't know if you know me....I'm a 52 year old woman who posts on the Monthly Abs Threads, and I read your posts quite often, and just want to chime in here. The reason I decided to provide you with TMI on my gender, age, etc., is because I get PMs from people asking me if I'm male....and.....am I gay?:H So, yes, female, and no, not gay. So sorry you are feeling down about the weight gain. Are you on anti-depressants...which can cause weight gain...or are you drinking more than "a bit?" Ugh, I feel your pain regarding the added weight. I gained over 25 lbs. in less than 3 months, and at the time....I was reading the Atkins' Diet book, and found that sudden weight gain can be caused by an underactive thyroid. Like you, I was tired ALL the time, and when I was home on the weekends....I would sleep during the during the day. My doctor had never tested my thyroid, and I begged her to do a blood test. Sure enough....it was an underactive thyroid. If your doctor hasn't done a blood test to determine this....then demand he/she do it, ASAP.

Regarding the drinking....you've stopped before....and you can do it again. Try and find out what went wrong and how you can find a new plan to stay AF. We'll be here for you. Keep posting!
      Rusty,
      I think you are right with thyroid , I feel a kg lost in one day and a kg add up the next.I think I am too much worried about my health and doing bad to it.
      I am not really seeking any relationship here but my life back.I don't do drinking from tomorrow.
      Wish you all the best.
      Dix

Comment

I think I've stayed a isolated life...
        I am alone and really alone at all.I tried to live myself but get frustrated sometime.
        Cheers

Comment

OMG!!!! Dix....I am not seeking a relationship either!!!:H

I don't know where you live but I so was NOT implying that at all. When I introduce myself to people when I post on threads other than mine, I always tell people....female, 52, blah, blah....because otherwise, I get PMs.

Anyway....you may want to pop into the Newbiest Nest.

Take care.

Comment

Rusty;1504070 wrote: OMG!!!! Dix....I am not seeking a relationship either!!!:H

I don't know where you live but I so was NOT implying that at all. When I introduce myself to people when I post on threads other than mine, I always tell people....female, 52, blah, blah....because otherwise, I get PMs.

Anyway....you may want to pop into the Newbiest Nest.

Take care.
            Are you available in newbie nest ?
            Actually we dont need any relationship rather than a support cause we are fighting with this devil.You are right darling.:h:h:h
            Dix

Comment

Oh you two... hilarious banter. Dixon, welcome back and too bad about the weight gain. Are you exercising? Stick around and try to get some of that awesome success you' ve had in the past.

Take care,
              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tipplerette;1504084 wrote: Oh you two... hilarious banter. Dixon, welcome back and too bad about the weight gain. Are you exercising? Stick around and try to get some of that awesome success you' ve had in the past.

Take care,
                Tipplerette,

I am lazy now and dont dare to exercise , it might be lack of wiling power...But always thinking of that ..LOL
                Dix

Now thinking going back to weight loss..But I am not too heavy.

Comment

Dixon just want to say welcome back. Alcohol causes weight gain and i guess if you're not active that could be a cause. Could you see you're doctor? I'm stuggling too staying af so this tuesday i'm going to my gp for antibuse or to see if she will prescribe for me. when i stopped for nearly 6 months a few years ago but now that getting enough af time some of the weight came back. I wish you well.:l

Comment

Firefox,
                    I know the reason that I intake too much calories while drinking, eat junk food just for taste and get a long sleep, maybe twice the I required.When I would get aware once I stopped drinking...LOL-Positive thinking doesn't do anything alone without an action. I am struggling with this , knowing the fact but procrastinating for an action.
                    Cheers !
                    Dix

Comment

Working...
                    X