Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bad old days

Hi Popeye

good day to start again the first of a new month...its a small blip in what has been a big achievement. I,ve welcomed the supprt you give so many...so into gear boy...and away you go..no April fool stuff..cork that bottle.

Regards cassy

Comment

The bad old days

Hi Popeye,

You are lucky Tawny just asked you to pull your finger out. When I fall she kicks me real hard!

It's true though. If you tally your AF days it will make an awesome total.:l
      Enough is enough

Comment

The bad old days

It's OK we all screw up. Even those so called 'PERFECT" ONES. You'll pull through. Pull yourself up and start all over again.
        Smile, Why don't Ya?
        Mar

Comment

The bad old days

Chin up Popeye - one step back, two steps forward...you can do it. I have read your posts & you are positive & looking to change.

xx

Comment

The bad old days

Popeye love,

We have all been there, What would you say to me if I had just posted that???

That is what you should be saying to yourself .....

Attached files [img]/converted_files/219473=855-attachment.jpg[/img]
            sigpicXXX

Comment

The bad old days

POPS, get a crapload of spinach down ya and dust yourself down! You are such an inspiration to lots of us here and you must know how much you are loved. Agree with all posts above, give yourself a break your AF days are something I only dream about aspiring to. Mrs Pops is maybe feeling down about it too, I am assuming she has walked this road with you for a long time so my respect to her too, one blip doesn't taking away from your journey together. Take care.

Lorna xx
              Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

The bad old days

Hey brother, I got faith in you...don't forget that I used your strength to get me where I am today---and that means you are really, really strong. Don't worry, everything happens for a reason, right??

Victoria
                It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

The bad old days

I agree that your AF days are something many of us aspire to. Hope you are feeling better this evening Pops. You will get back on the train. I just know it.
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

The bad old days

Popeye,
                    You are huge inspiration to so many on these boards, myself included. Pick yourself up, be REALLY nice to your wife , and please, please don't call it day 1. It's so much pressure. You have so many AF days I think you should start adding from where you left off. You can do it. :h
                    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

The bad old days

I agree with camper....add it
                      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

The bad old days

Pops, this just keeps growing... what does that say to you??

Lorna xx
                        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

The bad old days

right on with the good attitude Popeye! You and the misses both know
                          you can do it
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

The bad old days

Wow!
                            Thank you all so much. Everyone.
                            We had a good long talk yesterday and sorted some stuff out.
                            If it wasn't for my wife, I'd be dead in a ditch somewhere.
                            It's such a rotten feeling when you let someone down.
                            Back on the rails again today. I have a renewed focus and strength.
                            This is a great place.

Paulx

Comment

The bad old days

Excellent stuff, Popeye!

Comment

The bad old days

Hey Popeye,

Even people who are strong have their not-so-great moments at times. I'm glad that you have come through your "bad moments" and are back on track again.

I also agree on the Day 1 stuff. It really only applies to CONTINUOUS days of sobriety. Heck, you've got LOTS of sober days under your belt, and two days of drinking doesn't erase them. I think it's important to keep track of your total sober days.

I'm glad that you are feeling better, dear friend!

Hugs,

Kathy:l
                                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X