Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single parent - alcohol

Hello all,
    I am happy to join MYO today. Alcohol has helped me tremendously the last years to calm down and cope. However as you all know, there's a point when it has to stop.
    After a 10-yr battle I started Lioresal a month ago. No effects so far, am up to 40mg.
    I look fwd to reading you (live chat looks terribly empty!)

Single parent - alcohol

7 views - no answer

No replies, yet 7 views.... Am I in the wrong place?

Comment

Single parent - alcohol

Hi and :welcome:. Sundays can be a little slow and today is mothers day so lots of busy people. This is a wonderful place for support and of course the biggest factor is you. I drank hard alcohol nightly til I passed out for 10 years. I tried everything to quit the last four years of the 10. I started Smart Recovery and found this site and I finally was able to quit. It is not easy and requires alot of work but you can do it. It becomes easier with the passage of time.

I know others will come along just wanted to welcome you here!
      AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Single parent - alcohol

Also try the just starting out section - the Newbies Nest is an awesome place to start.
        AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Single parent - alcohol

Hi vachkiri,

Welcome to MWO. I suggest that you will probably get more replies if you post in the meds section, considering that you are using baclofen. I used baclofen as well, and it worked wonderfully for me.

As red says, it's quiet on a Sunday.

Best of luck.

Comment

Single parent - alcohol

Vachkiri,

:welcome: to MWO.

If Baclofen is your path, you have many who have done very well with it.

Please don't be offended by the quietness today. Sundays and Mother's Day. Many people are offline and with family today.

I hope I get to know you better as time goes by.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Single parent - alcohol

Thank you for replying. It's a fact that there are many of us who are or who have recovered.I have attended meetings here, but the only one I tried consists of retirees who have been abstinent 15 years. I need active support. I will try another group.
              thank you for answering!!

Comment

Single parent - alcohol

responses

Welcome!
                Sorry you didn't get as many responses as you wanted. Sundays can be quiet. If you are on baclofen you probably will never find as good a site as this one. Go to the medications section. This site is a bit segregated. People on meds go to the medications section and there are a lot of people who are doing well. There's also an abstinence/AA section and a moderation part of the site.

Good luck!

Comment

Single parent - alcohol

Still feel the urge

Hello all, I have been looking forward to logging in all day.
                  I hope you had a good Mother's Day.
                  As for me, well, I just ordered another bottle with my pizza.... the bac is not kicking in yet, am taking 40mg.
                  On the good news front, I have a job interview on the 22nd and guess what? It's working for the US mission here where I live! HAHAHA. Would be nice to feel "closer" to home.
                  Best to all,
                  S.

Comment

Working...
                  X