X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Monday 13th May

Morning army

A new day and a new week.

Just got back from a walk. It's not very summery out there, a bit damp and cool, but so much more bearable than it was a couple of months ago.

Good to see arsey, inchy and freefly posting last night.

Enjoy your day if you can.

Good morning Reccie and all to come

I was dead tired last night. Our Mother's Day lunch went well, though. We had 5 mums in attendance. I was quite proud of my food feat: made chicken curry, prawn curry, sheep's tongues, roast leg of lamb, roast chicken, potatoes, beetroot, brocolli, sweet potato pie, salad and a baked pud. And two kinds of rice, of course.

I have a fairly busy week ahead, but am hoping it'll be OK.

Have a lekker Monday, folksies!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Recckie and Tipps, gotta fly to work, but be a pair of loves and tell the others I've got brekkie sorted:

And for those wanting something on the hot side, we have...

Have a grand day folks... likely back in the cave tonight...

Comment

Morning reccie, running and tippers

Cheers 4 the breakfast running, starving here

Tippers: 5 mums, god thats a lot of femininity in one room, lol

Reccie: lets hope the sun comes out soon!
        I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Morning Reccie Tipps Arsey Pinky and all to come. Not so nice here this morning either cold windy and rain forecast. Bad weather for this time of year. That was a busy lunch you catered for Tipps no wonder you;re tired. Few early nights this week for you as work is busy. Thanks for the lovely brekkie spread RC just having my first coffee in bed. Have a marvellous monday.:wavin::cupajoe:

Comment

Good morning Reccybear, Tippperooooo, Pinkles, Foxyloxy.

Any leftovers, Tips?

Can you give us a wee wave Mrs A, Pingu, Questeroo and them what have gone missing.

Even Mrs 'I never eat breakfast' JC might just have a little scrambled egg.

Off for a mammagrab later this morning. Not pleasant but has to be done.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

J.c let us know how u get on x
              I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Oops should have said it's one of those ladies of a certain age get every 2 years. Haven't found a lump or anything.
                Getting it done in Asda car park.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello again

That was an impressive spread you laid on tips...don't know how you do it.

Good luck with the mammagrab Jackie. How soon do you get the results?

JackieClaire;1504955 wrote: Getting it done in Asda car park.
                  The mind boggles!

Comment

About a week to 10 days. Sooner if there's anything amiss.

Hope it's not TMI but I'm very breast cancer aware since my bezzie mate died from it.

It's actually a mobile unit not just whipping them out in one of the trolley parking bays.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1504958 wrote: About a week to 10 days. Sooner if there's anything amiss.

Hope it's not TMI but I'm very breast cancer aware since my bezzie mate died from it.

It's actually a mobile unit not just whipping them out in one of the trolley parking bays.
                      It's only natural to have increased awareness under those circumstances, Jackie - definitely not TMI.

I did of course guess about the mobile unit, but the picture you painted made me laugh!

Comment

Morning Jc i got my first mamogram last year and all was well. Not too uncomfortable and it didn't take too long. Off to shower. Be bacl later. Just had porridge for brekkei with manuka honey and cinnamin.

Comment

Have to say when I got my first 'invitation' just after I was 50 I was a bit unnerved by being asked along to Asda car park. Gawd knows where I thought they were going to do it.

Oh and my appointment is 11.06am. How the divil can they be that precise.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning Reccie, MrT, Arsey, Pinky, Foxy, Jackie and all

Had a post all typed out and it went AWOL.

Reccie- are you sleeping any better? You mustve been up early for the walk.

MrT- that sure was some spread you put on for all the Mums :goodjob: Hope your week at work goes quick and well.

Arsey- thanks v much for brekkie:l No wonder ive been losing weight- have missed ya here (in the kitchen). Are ya coming back to help with the washing-up?

Pinky- hows the job going now? Good to see you

Foxy- we've had rain all weekend, didnt bother me so much as was working, theres something funny out there this morning- all bright and shiney, think its what some folk call the sun:yay:

Jackie- good luck for the mammogram:l Glad to hear all and sundry out doin their shoppin wont be gettin an eyeful of ya.

Couple o days off now, so Im heading down to see me Granny and Daddy,

Hope everyone has a good day xx

Comment

J.C Asda car park, lol, u are a traitor to frigging tescos, lol..................... i'm glad u said it was just routine i was a bit worried x
                              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Working...
                              X