Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALLY... I CAN HAVE A DRINK!!

Most excellent Tippy!!!
    Ain't life grand??? Well...most days?? :-)
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

First of all, congratulations Tipps on your month sober. It is a huge accomplishment.
      It is said that it takes six weeks to firmly establish a new attitude and I think that is correct so don't be discouraged by feeling a little flat about reaching 30 days.

My quit buddy was Allan Kay and we PMed one another at 30 days, both feeling soooo despondent that we were not jubilant, he was actually quite depressed about it. Now look at us, very contentedly sober........so hang in there :l

Sylv......what you will find, as alcohol becomes less and less a focus, is that you realise that in any group of friends you only share certain 'hobbies'.
      I was at a party and was one of two people who didn't drink, I and one other loved the gym, three people were film buffs, two people were keen chefs, several were walkers and joggers.

My point is that in their eyes I simply did not share their love of alcohol. I didn't feel 'left out', I just felt, well 'me'.
      Soon, VERY soon, being sober will just become part of who you are, something you don't even think about

spiderwoman;1505472 wrote: Very well done you, when I say I'd love a glass of wine to friends I really mean it. I think now its more that I still want to feel part of the gang again, the gang I will never, ever be in again. You have every right to be proud of yourself now. It really does become a way of life.

Comment

Omg your shrimp coconut curry sounds gorgeous xxx
        AF since 2nd Oct 2012
        Day by day

Comment

Well done Tipp!

Keep it going. G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Very inspiring thread, and has really helped me stay AF tonight :-)
            Still trying !!!
            AF 25th June2014

Comment

Tip....you are doing so well....30 days is an important marker for so many reasons...you have worked hard to get here and your body and brain have done some significant healing. Mind Peace is just priceless!
              Sober for the Revolution!
              AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

very proud of you tipperlette!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yay, Tipper!!!!
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Well Done Tipp!

Comment

Dancu Shen, Merci, Thank you, Shu Shu, Gracias, Gincuyea

German, French, English, Chinese, Spanish and Polish mostly spelled wrong but all the same, the thanks is sincere and heartfelt.
                      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Well done Tipp! Congratulations! :goodjob:
                        AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

:wd: So delighted to read of your success & So Very happy for you! Sometimes it does feel like a slow, steady climb & not a joyful mountain top...but we are climbing to GRAND place...a place of Victory! over a substance that truly tried to kill us. Kudos to you for putting yourSelf and your health above a temporary 'pleasure' for a significant amount of time ~ it is worth every ounce of effort. Cheers to YOU Tipplerette & here's to many more milestones! :racer: YAY!!!! P.
                          "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

I was just thinking about you, Perse! Welcome back. I hope your trip was fabulous .

:h NS

Comment

Working...
                            X