• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Your Funny Habit?

beaches, before kids I was a clean freak, after kids i just got therapy
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

What's Your Funny Habit?

Yes, lots and lots of therapy. I know I'll be in at least until my daughter goes to college, and then I'll have to go back for tune ups when she is home on breaks! Before Maddy, my house, if not spotless, was at least clean and organized. Now it looks like a bomb went off most of the time. She thinks that the living room is an extension of her bedroom and closet! I have given up on yelling. Most of the time I just get on the computer and ignore it. Otherwise I would either be screaming my brains out or huddled in a corner in a fetal position.....
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

What's Your Funny Habit?

I so want those days of the clean home where I had only one magazine laying around my place. Now I can't even see the counter!

People keep telling me to enjoy this because..."they grow up so fast"....so that is what I will do. Except when people are coming LIKE THIS WEEKEND
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

What's Your Funny Habit?

No worries Beaches, it bugs you more than them. If not....then they can help you do some work. hee hee
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

What's Your Funny Habit?

Have had some good chuckles reading this thread. Glad to know that I'm not the only one blessed with "endearing" (sometimes maddening) habits.

Aside from the routine motion-related ones which I 've mastered (twirling pens between fingers during meetings, drumming fingers on steering wheel, etc), I have also developed a numbers-related habit that can make me late for work. Each morning my alarm goes off at 5:30. I turn it off, go back to sleep, and then keep waking up off and on, ideally hoping to get up around 6:30. BUT, here's the tricky part ... I can only get out of bed on an even quarter hour, e.g. 6:15, 6:30, 6:45, 7:00 ... unless of course, it's already past 7:15, and then I'm obviously going to be late for work! Do I sound a little OCD? Think what happens on those days when I'm in a hurry and I end up missing my Prozac!

Comment

What's Your Funny Habit?

picking protruding feathers

Brightfield .... funny, I used to do that, too. Have given that up, though. Still catch myself picking my nose, though, yuk!!!!
              Paddy
              Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

What's Your Funny Habit?

AND getting up on an even quarter hours!!!

Clearly a case of OCD
                Paddy

Comment

What's Your Funny Habit?

Changing cuttlery when I cut

When I cut a piece of meat or something, I will use my right hand to cut, whenever I'm done, I will use my right hand to eat with my fork and put the knife into my left hand. And whenever I start cutting, the whole scenario starts all over. Now how weird is THAT?
                  Paddy

Comment

What's Your Funny Habit?

lisa dear, peanut soup is a staple on ever restaurant in the hunt country of VA. I'm surpried being in Ga. peanut capitol you don't have it down there. Another little habit I'll share actually a quirk..Maybe TMI...But oh well!! I can't stand to wear panties. Oh course I will wear them with a skirt or dress. I have a friend who is the same way. Paris/ Brittany have nothing on us. My Mom hates it as she say "I'll never go anywhere without my bloomers"
                    Good Day to Ya
                    Mar

Comment

What's Your Funny Habit?

I never laughed so hard this morning after I opened the section in paper "How About That":
                      Boy's Vacuum Expertise Turns Him Into Budding TV Star....A 12 yo boy who has collected more than 150 vacuum cleaners says he is learning to identify them by sound. His parents thought he would grow out of it as a toddler saying their son would always follow them around when they were vacuuming......Now he's pretty good at telling them apart by sound (I mean the vacuum cleaners).
                      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

What's Your Funny Habit?

WaHoooooooooooo....

What a kid...What a talent..

I have a new goal in life...Meet this obviously normal kid and swap hoover stories...Oh the hours we could while away...

Wonder if he likes fishing

I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

What's Your Funny Habit?

Mack~you've given the vacuum a whole new respect. Now how can any of us now vacuum without thinking of you Mackie.
                          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

What's Your Funny Habit?

hi paddy,
                            thats got to be one of the maddest things i ever heard.

Why not cut everything up into bite size peices before you start?

Comment

What's Your Funny Habit?

uhhh, Paddy, I think those are correct table manners. You are just fine.
                              Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Working...
                              X