Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diana's back

Hi everyone,
    Just a quick note to let you know that I am home for a short time. Some may know that I was offered the opportunity to do some work at a Nursing Home in the North and am doing so. I am home for a few days and just wanted to catch up with all of you.

It's funny how things work out. Since getting control of my drinking many wonderful things have happened. I have been retired for a couple of years now and then out of the blue a colleague that I work with doing some ad hoc work since retirement asks me if I would like to go and help out at this place. I am having a wonderful time and all the old skills are still there. I am working with a small group of nuns as well as lay staff and I feel that God has given me a reward. The bonus is that one of my sons lives in the area which my colleague didn't know when she asked me to help.

I am really enjoying the work and it is so uplifting to feel that I still have something to offer in terms of my nursing profession. I will not be coming out of retirement but will go back when they need me for relief work.

As far as my moderation goes, all is well. A couple of times one or two more then I should of had but nothing compared to the old days. I feel that God has blessed me in so many ways especially finding this site and getting to know you.

Happy Easter to all and many blessings on your journey.

Diana
    eace:

Diana's back

Diana, we have never spoken before, but I'm very happy for you doing work you love making a difference, and as a bonus being near your son. Congrats on you moderation and continued success to you!!
    Mary

Comment

Diana's back

Diana, I remember you. I am so, so happy you have found such a wonderful, fulfilling "job." I think it helps to be doing something we enjoy as that keeps us away from drinking as much (at least for me). It sounds like you are doing a real service to these people and to society. Also glad to hear your moderation is going so well.

Your post will be a real inspiration to a lot of people around here to know that this site and all it offers can make that much change in your life.

Happy Easter to you too!!!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Diana's back

Hi Di and Chardy!
        :l to you both!

:h Nancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
        X