X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 20th May

Morning to Our Whizzy and Waggers.

Feel a bit better after the shower.

Sad news is Jenz didn't get the job but gave a very good interview. So now she's going to save up for a decent hollingday rather than having to pay all her removal expenses to York.

Doing the pork for the sprogs dinner. They're both home for the night. Ackshully might get some new potatoes and have with salad.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello Army,

Just a wave here. I need to get off my rump and do some housework.

Hubby may come home today. Looking forward to it and not looking forward to it.

It is a pain to go to the hospital and stay there but when he is home and in bed, he is very time consuming. However, the op went well and I think we should be off and running with him getting his health back.

KTAB, I have been a chronic start/stop on here, too. One day I just woke up and said "Done with it." I don't care how bad life gets, how anxious I get, how many panic attacks I get, who dies, who lives, how broke, whatever, I will do it sober. I have more days sober right now than I ever did before. Over 60 for me is huge. I am definitely doing it odat but there is no doubt in my mind that I will not drink today. Absolutely none. Whatever it takes. Some days, I go to two meetings of AA. Whatever.

The funny thing is, it is easier than I thought and more importantly, even though crap stuff is happening to me, I also get to enjoy the good stuff that just went by me in a fog. Quite a revelation.

As Papa Bear used to say, "Never give up giving up."

Love to all.

Sigh, off to do some actual work. Ick. :-)

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Afternoon army. Well got half the garden done and some weeding and i'm nackered. its quite a long garden so i'll get the rest done tomorrow weather permiting. Well Cinders on 60 days its been a long time since i got that far but the help of antibuse i'll do it this time odat. Yep got sick of the hangovers and not being to get things because of the tiredness and illness of the morning after gthe night before. Sorry Jens didn't get the job Jc but a holiday is a good idea i need one myself. Just having a coffee and then a tuna mayo sambo with crisps for lunch i'm not fit to move off the sofa for a while till i rest me aching muscles:H. Hope you get sorted with some pain killers Pingu nothing as bad as annoying pain that won't go away. Be back later if i have the energy need to clean my bedroom and bathroom.:flower::leaf::lilflower::cupajoe:

Comment

afternoon everyone, spent the day with my other half whilst he tried on suits, looked so smart! very proud of him these days. all this talk of he stop starting drinking really hitting home for me. Although I know I drink far less than most of the folks here do/did I am really struggling at the minute - have found myself in a very dark place the past week, drinking as much as I did before of an evening, then suffering with depressive and anxious phases during the day. suddenly got some lyrics in my head, someone else said it better than me as usual 'something has badly gone wrong with me/livings not hard, it's just not easy'. well thats what i'm thinking today anyway, i dunno, I guess I need to get my life back on track - any suggestions? haha.

JC: glad Mr.JC is doing well, hope you're feeling back on top form soon sorry to hear about jen and the job but hopefully a good holiday will be some consolation.

anon: don't fancy your insomnia cure much, don't think I could run to the end of the street without collapsing these days haha.

cinders: wishing you and your other half the best

pingu: hope you get some decent painkillers

ktab: really glad to see you back, nothing to add to molly's wisdom except that really haha.

to everyone else: hope you're well and have gotten off to a good start with your week

-inchy
          I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

:wavin:
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

:wavin: Evening Tipps and Inchy.

Comment

:hallo:

Patient update: He can walk with crutches. X-ray showed his new hip has fitted noicely. That is all.

Now let's talk about something much more important......................me.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening Jackie

Sorry to hear about Jenny not getting the job. Hopefully the prospect of a holiday will make her feel a little better about it.

Good to hear the patient is doing well

Just woke up from a 6 hour snooze. The lack of sleep this week caught up with me and I may fall asleep again at any moment, so if I disappear...

Ok...let's talk about you. Fire away!

Edit: Evening foxy, tips and inchy too!

Comment

Ahh thats gud news Jackie i take he'll be on the crutches for a while till he adjusts. So how are you this evening?

Comment

She's very philosophical about it, gutted but philosophical.

Just had a bit of shut eye meself. We're very lucky we can rest during the day and be creatures of the night.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yo Inchy.
                        Loved the quote from the song. I used to feel like that.
                        'something has badly gone wrong with me/livings not hard, it's just not easy'
                        and a huge well done for Cinders. 60 days, hun. Magnifico.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yep...I can definitely see myself being a creature of the night tonight...after another little snooze. It's very quiet here today. No sign of satzy. Maybe she's got no Internet access or maybe she's off shopping? I must go and have another lie down. The coffee isn't working. Bacinabit.

Comment

Crikey 3 in a row.
                            I'm grand,Foxy. It's Black Bess who is pining for Mr JC .She's right off her food.
                            I'll take her for a waddle round the block shortly.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Greetings from SWINDON !!!!:wavin:

Comment

on shagginphone ! in :egad: pub

Comment

Working...
                                X