Army Thread Monday 20th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there Satzuma hows things in Swindledon hit the shops yet?

Comment

evening all
      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Hey JC, good to hear the patient's op has done what it said on the tin it would do. Soon the patient will be up and at 'em methinks

Rested Reccie? Or have you nodded off again?! Your mind and body must be needing it. As Kuya says, eat when yer hungry, sleep when yer tired.

Yo foxy, inchy and a'body else still in the Mess hall...

after yesterday's jaunt in the park, had 5 hours kip then had to be up for my sprogs' exams today. They seemed to do ok, though one wise ass, having not learnt his lines, and fucking up his piece, just sat down and said to the examiner: "well, come on then, lets get it over with. fail me." !!! I was mortified. Maybe a kid from an inner city school who struggles to have bread on his plate, but not from a privilleged toff...

Back at the cottage-pod, slouching... just gonna stay slouching...

Comment

x-posty - yo DOC!!

Comment

How's the pub doc?!

EDIT: really ought to have said, what's up doc?:H

Comment

Cinders;1508059 wrote: KTAB, I have been a chronic start/stop on here, too. One day I just woke up and said "Done with it." I don't care how bad life gets, how anxious I get, how many panic attacks I get, who dies, who lives, how broke, whatever, I will do it sober. I have more days sober right now than I ever did before. Over 60 for me is huge. I am definitely doing it odat but there is no doubt in my mind that I will not drink today. Absolutely none. Whatever it takes. Some days, I go to two meetings of AA. Whatever.

The funny thing is, it is easier than I thought and more importantly, even though crap stuff is happening to me, I also get to enjoy the good stuff that just went by me in a fog. Quite a revelation.

As Papa Bear used to say, "Never give up giving up."
              Thanks Cindi, well done on your 60+ thats great. Its amazing when the clarity comes.

Evening folks, a quick check in, I am off to bed very soon.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Oh I really do need to posish this halo.
                Was on the OTHER side of the bar making cocktails for the others - honestly.
                How's that for a test. Bottles & bottles of booze!:goodjob:
                Eating grub now - which is crap -fried gray / brown :yuk:

Comment

Wow good for you Satz i cudn't do that it would be temptation. Why did you make the cocktsails if you are not drinking? I wouldn't risk it no matter how long sober i just wudn't want to be so close to booze with the smell etc.

Comment

that's awesome Cinders
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I have not been lounging in my bed all day. I have been walking my dawg.Now don't tell anyone but I'm quite enjoying it.

Bit of nightmare being the cocktail waitress, Satz.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Dr said nowt just gave me codeine...

Having to dig deep to take it as I've had a bit of a codeine habit in the past.... A nice tablet called syndol.....

But this is for my sprain so I'm telling myself its ok....
                        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

think syndol/co-codamol/nurofen plus are all getting to be a bit of a widespread issue, just from work, a few customers obviously relying on it a wee bit much.

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

mollyka;1508186 wrote: Don't you want me baby:H:H

That's the only thing I'd like about havin a dog really - a reason to walk! Great himself is up and on the crutches --- there'll be noooooo stopping him
                            Nope.:H
                            Want I do want is a big burrito and salad and a new episode of CSI.
                            Don't forget the poop scooping for a dog. The only thing that makes me shudder. Thank Gawd she's not a pet dinosaur.

He's coming on in leaps and bounds or should I say shuffles and grunts. But he's getting there.

pingu1997;1508187 wrote:
                            Dr said nowt just gave me codeine...

Having to dig deep to take it as I've had a bit of a codeine habit in the past.... A nice tablet called syndol.....

But this is for my sprain so I'm telling myself its ok....
                            Doctors orders Pings. Although tbh never found codeine did much. Now morphine............

Right must away. CSI is awaiting moi.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

InChains;1508188 wrote: think syndol/co-codamol/nurofen plus are all getting to be a bit of a widespread issue, just from work, a few customers obviously relying on it a wee bit much.
                              I agree. I'm just very sensitive to such addictions now as weaning off alcohol, citalopram, syndol, temazepam, sleep aid....all very hard...
                              Now I've got to tackle the eating issue....but that's on the list for next.month...

How's anyone still awake?
                              I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

i'm still up, didn't know you had an eating issue pingu, sorry, very much out of the loop haha

have been considering using sleep aids to get through withdrawal insomnia, but have to be honest enough not to trust mysellf

Comment

Working...
                                X