Army Thread Wednesday 22nd May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir Pee's home, Got visitors. Will try and get back later on.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well, good evening me lovelies :waving: and a veritable hello to EW who i've never met but is good to see you, so to speak. Like your name also. Or maybe I just like the word 'writer'. Anyway, much discussion around today...

Breifly, MEEEE... not much to say other than have brought work home this evening... and then went into the barracks and have been here for the past long-while... so not much work happening :no: :H

JC - how is Mr Pee getting on now he's home? And how are you? Hmmm.... If you were called Mrs Pee, and you called one of your offspring Pee.. they'd be called Pee Pee :H

Yo Zennifer - big huggeroos to you. Molls and others have made grand posts and I would like to add my tiny tuppence that it is great that you have just said "gimme some lovin'" cos that's what we're here for... which brings me to a vague thought...

ARSEY's VAGUE THOUGHT
      Sometimes I feel a bit down, as we all do.
      Sometimes I fear, for example, I will never find love.
      Sometimes I wonder if I am like a hamster in hamster-wheely-thingy going round-and-round thinking I might get off and do something else but never doing it.
      Sometimes I compare myself with others and think I am not good enough.
      Sometimes I thinky thinky so much I just become a recluse, hide away - physically and metaphorically - believing that I am a half-grown-up; a semi-child; that I will never mature and be a proper big person.
      Sometimes it is easier to play the kid.
      Sometimes there are thoughts that grab a hold of me - negative ones (you know them, we all get them, some more than others) - and i wonder whether life would be easier if I were able to somehow decapitate my own head. Or at least remove my brain.
      Sometimes I sit with others in silence - if you know me, being silent, un-talkative is not my forte - and don't have the compulsion to engage with anyone, anything, and wish I could slink away...there was once a time I would slink away into bottles of wine and beer and whisky because it took everything that was negative away. Instead of feeling uncomfortably numb, i would feel comfortably numb - and then conk out.
      Sometimes work infuriates me.
      Sometimes I wake up and think, what is the point, really?
      Sometimes I feel I am just a cog in a wheel of senior manager's own desires and whims.
      Sometimes I really believe that people look at me with a longing that I was someone else. Sometimes I believe I am not good enough.
      Sometimes I believe I am not worthy. And so i get down again.
      Sometimes I resent those closet to me so much for letting me down. Yet realise not only do I love them unconditionally, but they never knew they'd let me down. They never knew. There is no blame to be had there. So i feel resentment than I can't feel resentment, angry that I can't be angry... and turn it inside again.
      Sometimes it all just seems too hard...

(wait!! I'm getting to me thought now :H)

Here's the rub, right - I come into the barracks and, for whatever reason, I can feel lifted.
      Lifted because I have shared something with others and they have responded
      Lifted because I can 'speak' to others and give my opinions
      Lifted because I can give advise and peeps say ta
      Lifted because these little black and white words upon the screen are being written by peeps across the world all wanting to do better, be better, become stronger.
      Lifted because I know some of these peeps - either in person, or just through writing and sharing thoughts and words.

And even though we may walk away from the screen back into our analogue lives, and our lives may drive us mad, sad and bad, this here is a place to go to feel momentarily salved.

And I thank you all.

Here endeth arsey's fecking long winded bugger-me-would-he-no-shut-the-fuck-up vague thought.

Anyhoo... Satz - I hope you took Tipps advice and fare farted beside noseyhole. I can see you do that :H

Pingupants - stick around, we need your splash of purple to punk up the army. And whack the doc's own wrist with a mallet.

Reccie - how you feeling now sir? You are doing fecking smashing work with the taper. I'm a well proud arse.

Yo Whizzster *waves* And a'body else...

now, best go back to my work (aye right!)

Comment

RunningCourage;1509088 wrote: Well, good evening me lovelies :waving: and a veritable hello to EW who i've never met but is good to see you, so to speak. Like your name also. Or maybe I just like the word 'writer'. Anyway, much discussion around today...

Breifly, MEEEE... not much to say other than have brought work home this evening... and then went into the barracks and have been here for the past long-while... so not much work happening :no: :H

JC - how is Mr Pee getting on now he's home? And how are you? Hmmm.... If you were called Mrs Pee, and you called one of your offspring Pee.. they'd be called Pee Pee :H

Yo Zennifer - big huggeroos to you. Molls and others have made grand posts and I would like to add my tiny tuppence that it is great that you have just said "gimme some lovin'" cos that's what we're here for... which brings me to a vague thought...

ARSEY's VAGUE THOUGHT
        Sometimes I feel a bit down, as we all do.
        Sometimes I fear, for example, I will never find love.
        Sometimes I wonder if I am like a hamster in hamster-wheely-thingy going round-and-round thinking I might get off and do something else but never doing it.
        Sometimes I compare myself with others and think I am not good enough.
        Sometimes I thinky thinky so much I just become a recluse, hide away - physically and metaphorically - believing that I am a half-grown-up; a semi-child; that I will never mature and be a proper big person.
        Sometimes it is easier to play the kid.
        Sometimes there are thoughts that grab a hold of me - negative ones (you know them, we all get them, some more than others) - and i wonder whether life would be easier if I were able to somehow decapitate my own head. Or at least remove my brain.
        Sometimes I sit with others in silence - if you know me, being silent, un-talkative is not my forte - and don't have the compulsion to engage with anyone, anything, and wish I could slink away...there was once a time I would slink away into bottles of wine and beer and whisky because it took everything that was negative away. Instead of feeling uncomfortably numb, i would feel comfortably numb - and then conk out.
        Sometimes work infuriates me.
        Sometimes I wake up and think, what is the point, really?
        Sometimes I feel I am just a cog in a wheel of senior manager's own desires and whims.
        Sometimes I really believe that people look at me with a longing that I was someone else. Sometimes I believe I am not good enough.
        Sometimes I believe I am not worthy. And so i get down again.
        Sometimes I resent those closet to me so much for letting me down. Yet realise not only do I love them unconditionally, but they never knew they'd let me down. They never knew. There is no blame to be had there. So i feel resentment than I can't feel resentment, angry that I can't be angry... and turn it inside again.
        Sometimes it all just seems too hard...

(wait!! I'm getting to me thought now :H)

Here's the rub, right - I come into the barracks and, for whatever reason, I can feel lifted.
        Lifted because I have shared something with others and they have responded
        Lifted because I can 'speak' to others and give my opinions
        Lifted because I can give advise and peeps say ta
        Lifted because these little black and white words upon the screen are being written by peeps across the world all wanting to do better, be better, become stronger.
        Lifted because I know some of these peeps - either in person, or just through writing and sharing thoughts and words.

And even though we may walk away from the screen back into our analogue lives, and our lives may drive us mad, sad and bad, this here is a place to go to feel momentarily salved.

And I thank you all.

Here endeth arsey's fecking long winded bugger-me-would-he-no-shut-the-fuck-up vague thought.

Anyhoo... Satz - I hope you took Tipps advice and fare farted beside noseyhole. I can see you do that :H

Pingupants - stick around, we need your splash of purple to punk up the army. And whack the doc's own wrist with a mallet.

Reccie - how you feeling now sir? You are doing fecking smashing work with the taper. I'm a well proud arse.

Yo Whizzster *waves* And a'body else...

now, best go back to my work (aye right!)
        Bloody hell RC You write as fast/ as much as you post.
        Articulate or Wot??

Comment

love the vague thought arsey, well said on the army, tis very true
          I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

anon;1509089 wrote: Bloody hell RC You write as fast/ as much as you post.
            Articulate or Wot??
            Or wot??!! Excellent post as always.

:waving: Hiyiz

Can I just say I loves and care for yiz all :h

Comment

Hi Inchy, Sweetie JC et al--
              How are you doing Sweetpea so sorry to hear about your Gran:l When you love someone as much as you loved her it is hard but you do have happy memories:h

Comment

Yo Inchy, Peapants and whizzerooney.

By the way Inchy - don;t put yourself down 'bout being younger or less life experienced or whatever - you've got a thought or an opinion then it's worth throwing it in the barracks wishing well. Molls is right - you got a strong, wise head for one... i was about to right for one so young and then thought that made me sound, like, 90.... so ehm... well you know what I mean :l

Peapants, so nice to have you pop in. How you feeling?

Comment

anon;1509094 wrote: Hi Inchy, Sweetie JC et al--
                  How are you doing Sweetpea so sorry to hear about your Gran:l When you love someone as much as you loved her it is hard but you do have happy memories:h
                  Hi MrsA:l

Thanks for your thoughts:l I am doing better, it is hard but I suppose its part of life and can't be avoided, unfortunately.

Well done on the marathon btw :goodjob: Amazing, amazing woman

Comment

Yo Arsey :hallo:

Well done to you too Great achievement :goodjob:

Comment

howdy mrs.a, sweetpea and arsey

sendings hugs to you sweetpea

and thanks arsey - and 'for one so young' makes you sound like dumbledore, I don't know how old he was but sounding like a wizard? always a good thing xD
                      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

InChains;1509101 wrote: howdy mrs.a, sweetpea and arsey

and thanks arsey - and 'for one so young' makes you sound like dumbledore, I don't know how old he was but sounding like a wizard? always a good thing xD
                        Hey Inchy

How's things with you?

Comment

InChains;1509101 wrote: howdy mrs.a, sweetpea and arsey

RC is very very old! About the same age as my youngest child. The beauty of this forum is that age is not an issue:goodjob:

Comment

anon;1509106 wrote: RC is very very old! About the same age as my youngest child. The beauty of this forum is that age is not an issue:goodjob:
                            how very true. wise women is whizzy.

Comment

Howdy barmy army :-)

What've I missed ?
                              Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Quest for the key;1509116 wrote: Howdy barmy army :-)

What've I missed ?
                                Yo Questy,

How's things with you?

Och we're tiddling along like any family - a few tears amid a tsunami of love.

Fuck... i sound like a right royal hippy :H

Comment

Working...
                                X