• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Wednesday 22nd May

How are you doing Questy??

Comment

i'm sorry questy but i did laugh at that, thread has been very... active today xD

and i'm ok sweetpea, can't complain

n of course whizzy is right, have no clue how old most of ya'll are, and usually suprised when i find out haha
      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Awhh mrs a, arsey and inchey - thanks for the brief update x

I'm fine thanks - overworked as usual but then again no change there lol.

Apologies for the absence - mad as a brush work wise at the minute - and satzys mosey hole has nothing on them I'm with now !!! Yes - out me box into the big wide world !!!
        Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Helloooo Army - It has been crazed at work and I forgot my laptop last night so I could say hello early this morning. So much internet sadness today - all over the place. Especially sad about EW! If you are reading this, I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Indeed, this seems to be the rock bottom. We are here for you. Please use this place for your healing and strength. You really need support right now.

(((((all of you guys))))))

X X O O X X O O Waggy
          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

mollyka;1509127 wrote: Evening again - sorry for disappearing - Joey took the laptop and the mate who's s'posed to have gone into rehab today is messaging him from somewhere that isn't the rehab --- holy fuck - I've no idea what's going on --- now Joey's thick cos I took the lappie back.
            OK - from a quick speed read back --- good to see you back Peapie - was talkin to you on pm's so we've done the meet and greet:l
            Good to see you Questy ---- mmmm where do we start
            I did love the 'vague' thoughts Arsey - must have a more leisurely read back in a mo.
            And yep, mostly ageless we are here!!

Not to resurrect something gratuitously - but I feel I need to say this and in as moderate and non-confrontational way as I can.
            I have been hurt many times around the boards when I've put quite a lot of effort and time into supporting someone who's in strife or whatever - and then been routinely ignored. I've actually more or less limited myself to the Army these days mainly for that reason. I'm an alcoholic who needs recovery - that's my bottom line.
            I know in the past Pingu that you have remarked that you have been ignored on the boards and have felt hurt - I too have felt hurt - for myself, but mainly for others when I have perceived that you have ignored people who have been looking for help or sharing something very painful. I do understand that you say you find it difficult to relate to people on the boards - but a very small short message of sympathy or understanding often would have sufficed. And I do understand also that you are struggling yourself with the depression you speak of at the moment and therefore I've been very reticent to 'air' this --- however neither can I see Zens hurt or isolated by lack of support for what she 'aired' - so yes, I see her point entirely - and yes, it is extremely easily rectified. A bit like the slogan in AA 'fake it to make it' - usually applied to happiness in that context - it could also come from you in terms of support - you mightn't feel like doing it or feel challenged having to do it - but when you feel the rewards coming back from others who are truly grateful for the tiniest little bit of empathy and kindness - it's like a small glow comes into your tummy sort of feeling - so in a way it serves two purposes - it makes the receiver feel better, but it makes you feel better too.
            Now, that's REALLY all I have to say - I hope I haven't added fuel to the fire, but from her comments I'm guessing Zens is feeling hurt and isolated - and I just wanted to support her as she has supported me here for years now
            Oh heck .... Tbh I did see something earlier on a quick lurk but my oh my ....

Comment

And - no I'm not completely off the sauce but I'm dealing with it :-)

Awhh sad to see discontent in the barracks xxx

Comment

mollyka;1509132 wrote: You sound a lot brighter tho Questy! Have they got you out travelling around or what's the story?
                Do tell us Questy??

Comment

Visitors and phone calls stopped for a few minutes.

Just my tuppence worth. Life is all about give and take, for every single one of us. Yes even Happy Jackie's felt ignored and we're very well aware that you feel socially awkward Pings.
                  I wasn't a hugger, or a woot wooter, or I'm proud of you type person when I first came here. I'd never had it in real life so on an on-line forum it was totally alien to me. But and this is a big BUT, I found I liked it both giving and receiving.

Now to Zens, she's my friend, my confident and has been a massive support to me. She hurts I hurt.

Lets get this over with, we have a soldier badly wounded, EW. We need to pull together to give him our help as much as possible.

Take time out if you need to, Pings, take the anti-depressants, but at the end of the day it's your decision.

I'll say no more.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Now then Sweetypea, come here while I give you a great big hug. :l
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1509132 wrote: You sound a lot brighter tho Questy! Have they got you out travelling around or what's the story?
                      Oh yes they've got me travelling - 100+ miles a day - what a joy !!

Still - it's a change, and as they say (who's they?) a change is as goodas a rest :-)

In fact - love me site dudes - and me office wallers - just wish it was closer to home - maybe in another life ???? Lol x

Comment

X post jacs xx

Hope mr JC's hip isn't giving you too much jip x

As an aside with the ads - I'm on them - I ran out a couple of weeks ago and it was BAD !!! And I mean suicidal bad.

I would say pings (if you're reading) try to take them - a small dose maybe, and ween off ....

My 2p worth ...

Comment

He'll live as long as I don't hide his crutches.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Quest for the key;1509137 wrote:

Still - it's a change, and as they say (who's they?) a change is as goodas a rest :-)
                            Ah.... that ol' phrase. Hmmm... got me thinking there Questy!

Comment

JackieClaire;1509145 wrote: He'll live as long as I don't hide his crutches.
                              :H you'd be such a tease as a nurse

Comment

Here's my tuppence

Firstly the meds discussion with a Dr has happened and we have a plan that we are both agreed on

Secondly I have feelings, I am not uncaring, nor rude, and I object to being called so by people who have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. Please feel free to.ask kradle. You do not know what goes on via PMS. There is lots of give, just not on a public.board. Pms are private. No one knows where they happen. Its where I am comfortable. And it is giving. In my eyes anyway
                                If I am vilified for doing something wrong then at.least make it factual. If I genuinely was a taker I would accept your comments.
                                but I'm not, and that's why it hurts

Apprentice time
                                Thank you to those who supported or who did not jump on the kick.pingu bandwagon.

Be,well. Said for the second time today
                                P3
                                I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Working...
                                X