Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Our good friend Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

It was on the 22nd of May, and I've just noticed, so apologies for the slightly late thread, but we will celebrate anyway!

Thanks DG for all you do, for who you are, and for just being here. :h

You ROCK!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Doggygirl, are you still posting? I have been wondering about you. How absolutely fantastic. Please post and tell us about your new life. In the meantime I'll search around for you..........

HUGE CONGRATS!!:wave:

P.S. NEVER MIND DG, I FOUND WHERE YOU'RE POSTING!!

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

What an accomplishment, DoggyGirl!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

HUGE!!! 5 years earns you the Parachute Award! For getting out of this mess safely!!!!
        Well done, Doggy!!! Here's to a lifetime of sobriety! Byrdie

:chute:
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

You are awesome!!! Thank you for being here and for all that you do. We can all strive to grow up to be just like you! :l
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Awesome news! Congrats. I bet that is a wonderful feeling. I can't wait - only 4 years and a few months for me...lol!!
            February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Awesome, amazing, fantastic!!!!! Thank you for your inspiration and dedication to all of us here and teaching us how it is done. You are the voice of reason when needed and the helping hand for those who reach out.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
              AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Hi all! Wow thank you so much for the celebration!!! I'm a bit sporadic with posting these days - just depends on schedules. Life is mainly good.

One thing I will say is that some of the very deep emotional stuff didn't really start coming up for me until recently. I guess after my Dad died (last July) that upset the balance of things in my dysfunctional family. As dysfunctional as things have always been, at least it was like a mobile all in balance. Then when Dad died the equilibrium was thrown akilter and up like a bubbling volcano came a bunch of emotions.

Wanna here the good news?? I haven't had a single urge to drink. I've been eating way too many cookies, but not even a thought of taking a drink. That is a miracle.

Now to continue efforts to get that cookie thing under control.....

I also started seeing a therapist. I'm wondering why the sam hill I waited so long!

I would not be sober today I don't think without the help of MWO. To anyone struggling....NEVER GIVE UP. And get honest with yourself. And be willing to try anything, even if it's uncomfortable. Nothing I've done in the interest of getting sober was a fraction as painful as drinking had become.

One day at a time....

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Wow - it is always so good to see that there is a world on "the other side", and there are people who get to it - thank you for staying around to show us that this can be done DG, I truly appreciate this right now - and such huge congratulations....
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Congratulations on 5 years of sobriety... that is HUGE accomplishment... well done!
                    AF 6 years
                    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Doggygirl

I remember you always being here, and being so supportive in your posts - a stalwart of the forum. So pleased for you and that your life is developing in so many ways. Sobriety is so exciting and you are a shining example to everyone.
                      I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Awesone, what an inspiration. So well done :wave:

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

well done dg you are an inspiration to all of us who follow behind you
                          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

:wd: CONGRATS DG!!!!!!

I learned from you & will be forever grateful, thanks
                            I'm happy to hear that everything is working out for you.
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Congratulations Doggygirl :wd:

Thanks for still being here and giving inspiration and hope

Comment

Working...
                              X