Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Wonderful news Doggygirl. I think of you as Doggywonderwoman.
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Hi Doggy ,you are always an inspiration and a star here !!!
      Loooove you and your noble success ...
      A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Hi,

You are such an inspiration to us all here on MWO.

Very well done

With love Flossie xx
        Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Hi again one and all. Thank you - each and every one - for making this 5 year landmark so special! I've heard it said that the chances of maintaining long term sobriety go up quite a bit at 5 years so I'm sure happy about that! And so happy to have all of you to celebrate with!

For anyone reading this thread who is still struggling - please do not ever give up. Ever. Recovery is here for all of us. It's not easy but it's possible for all.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Doggygirl....other than the first year, did you have any year that was harder than the others? Or was it just progressively easier all the way thru? Thanks for blazing the trail for all of us! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Hi Byrdie. What is "hard" has changed with time. The first year it was hard not to drink. I had to stay constantly vigilent about my "people, places and things" to make sure I didn't set myself up to mentally cave to the crave. I havent' felt that way in a long long time. While I personally just don't care to be around a bunch of drinking, it's no longer because it tempts me to drink.

What I am still learning is more appropriate ways to handle some of my emotions. There is some historic family baggage that I realize I have "stuffed" and covered up with drinking and pretending for my entire adult life. So my current "hard" is learning how to deal with that stuff. Trying to deal with things that have been "stuffed" and pretended over for 35+years is definitely hard!!! But not as hard as being a slave to AL. That was WAY harder. Learning to feel my feelings and communicate appropriately is less hard.

It's no longer hard for me not to drink. That got easier and easier as more and more time went by. I'm careful not to take it for granted and I do not entertain any thoughts such as "maybe I could NOW have just one..." One benefit of being part of AA is seeing front and center what happens when that thinking becomes an action. People drifting away, then deciding to drink, then losing everything AGAIN is a common story. I'm determined not to make it my story.

Well, that was a long winded answer!! Hope you packed a sandwich.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Can I ask you to change your name now as you have got a new life ?
                May be Doggygirl to.....any new ,can anyone suggest here ?
                Cheers
                Dix

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

I only just saw this thread......congratulations on five years DG.

I always enjoy your posts. It is so good having those long term sober to relate to.

Thank you for staying around

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Thank you for the thoughtful response! Interesting! I agree about the 100% acceptance idea, I couldn't 'get it' either until I accepted that little gem.

If you have ever checked into the !@#$%^^&! thread, you'll see my take on family issues! They will drive you NUTS!!! It appears that we all have them, so it is a real learning curve to navigate thru those tricky waters.

Thank you for taking the time to write that and for being a great example for all of us!
                    Your fan, Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Kuya ,
                      I conquered this record if she lose ,please be aware of me Doggy I am danger so please save your crown LOL , I am lured by your achievement...God bless you .
                      All of our blessings with you.
                      Go ahead and inspire us more and more ...
                      Dix:h:h:h

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Hey Dix - how are you doing? Sounds like you are still AF for a good stretch, yes? I hope so! Me and Mr. Doggy have so many Doggies I can't possibly be anyone other than Doggygirl.

Byrdie - %&(%&*^ Seems like the perfect title for a family thread LOL!

Kuya - you all will have a hard time getting rid of me. I may be sporadic in my posting but I need support just as much as the next person! I just don't see myself turning away.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Hey Doggiegirl, you are and always will be a hero of mine. Congratulations on your life. xo
                          vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

Congrats DG. Been a long time. All the best, CS.

Comment

Doggygirl is 5 years AF!

I have not been on MWO so long, I can't remember how to comment. How wonderful for you DG on so many years, I am still struggling. Sorry to say. You've made so many strides inn your health and your life. Mazel Tov (and I'm not even Jewish!)

Comment

Working...
                              X