March against Monsanto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March against Monsanto

I posted this in Holistic healing but there are more people viewing general discussion and I wanted to get the word out.

If you don't know about Monsanto do a google for the world according to Monsanto, it's a long video.
    The marches are happening worldwide on Satturday 25th if you do a google for March against Monsanto you can find out if there is going to be one near you - under the events tab.
    Love to all.
    :thanks:
    " I'm not trying to counsel any of you to do anything really special, except to dare to think and to dare to go with the truth and to dare to love completely." -R. Buckminster Fuller

March against Monsanto

keep up the good fight Willow! I'm doing what I can too. xxxooo
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

March against Monsanto

Hi Det and thanks.

Hope you will be marching.

Did you watch the vid?

If I got just one more person to march it would be great!

:l
      " I'm not trying to counsel any of you to do anything really special, except to dare to think and to dare to go with the truth and to dare to love completely." -R. Buckminster Fuller

Comment

March against Monsanto

If you want to give some payback to the crooks at Monsanto? A buycott is the opposite of a boycott. Buycott helps you to organize your everyday consumer spending so that it reflects your principles. GMO products, bad products, you get to take action. PLEASE download the app Buycott at The App Store or Google Play. Go to http://boycott.com
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

March against Monsanto

Thanks for the heads up WF....I'm going to the March in Anchorage....This GMO crap is appalling....we're dealing with the spectre of FRANKENFISH up here. As if we need big business effing up some of the last wild stock fish runs on the planet.

And techie...I'm downloading the app... thanks!!!
          Sober for the Revolution!
          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

March against Monsanto

I try techie

The thing is, most people don't even know what GMO is, some do but cannot afford alternatives. There are a lot of people online saying just grow your own, well how would that be possible for me living in a small room, no balcony, no garden. There are 16 of us in this building and that's just one building in one small city in the world.
            Only one in ten people invited at the Sydney website said they would go and I reckon only half of that number actually did....we have to fight the apathy.....we have to fight all the GMO around the world or we wont have ANY ALTERNATIVES.
            Food Standards Australia New Zealand state on one page of their website that GMO has to be labelled but digging deeper they have granted "exemptions" to GM:
            Soybeans (14 varieties)
            Canola (4 varieties)
            Corn (20 varieties)
            Potato (3 varieties)
            Sugarbeet (2 varities)
            Cotton (9 varieties) must be used in food?? or exemption would not be needed
            Lucerne = Alfalfa (1 variety)
            Rice (1 variety)
            and this shows the locations and then lists trials OGTR - Genetically Modified Organisms - Field Trial Sites
            They are going way to far when they come after our bananas!

Comment

March against Monsanto

Willow, I'm a non GMO fanatic and have been for a long time. Just wanted you to know that your efforts are not going unnoticed. Thanks for trying to get the word out.

Techie, I couldn't get the boycott app to pull up at the App Store? I also tried boycott.com but got a blank screen. Will keep trying.

Comment

March against Monsanto

Yep

Thanks unwasted,
                What is the point of anyone here getting well if the very food we eat is going to damage us?
                I get so fed up with the nay sayers asking to see the "dead bodies" when it is about damaged bodies this generation, worse damaged bodies the next generation and likely no bodies because they are not produced the next (non) generation.
                There are so many issues like this, the damages done from fluoridated water supplies, indescrimate prescription of antidepressants and other drugs.

Comment

March against Monsanto

Willow, we must have been separated at birth. :H. I am so with you. It's what greed and being owned by corporate America (in the U.S. not sure about where you are) has done to us. I try to vote with my dollars and by signing petitions but it seems overwhelming at times. I buy as much organic as possible.

A kindred spirit,
                  UN:l

Comment

March against Monsanto

Well, maybe we were triplets :H :H :H !

:h NS

Comment

March against Monsanto

We have to include Determinator and Turnagain and Techie that would make us sextuplets, which makes me chuckle.
                      Unwasted I'm in Australia which is the reason I posted the info on exemptions to labelling by FSANZ and which also means those foods are being sold here and the trials also.

Comment

March against Monsanto

We have to include Determinator and Turnagain and Techie that would make us sextuplets, which makes me chuckle.
                        :H:H:H

So, Willow, I guess it's corporate driven there too, FSANZ is a governing body that is in the pocket of the big conglomerates as is true here (via lobbying, etc.)???

Anyway, thanks for trying to bring this to the forefront.

UN

Comment

March against Monsanto

Unwasted;1510459 wrote: Willow, I'm a non GMO fanatic and have been for a long time. Just wanted you to know that your efforts are not going unnoticed. Thanks for trying to get the word out.

Techie, I couldn't get the boycott app to pull up at the App Store? I also tried boycott.com but got a blank screen. Will keep trying.
                          It is actually Buycott App
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

March against Monsanto

Unwasted;1510935 wrote: :H:H:H

So, Willow, I guess it's corporate driven there too, FSANZ is a governing body that is in the pocket of the big conglomerates as is true here (via lobbying, etc.)???

Anyway, thanks for trying to bring this to the forefront.

UN
                            I tend to think that Monsanto and the like don't have to spend here because our govt just blindly follows the US of A
                            What I found most disturbing was the page at FSANZ that said labeling was required, with no obvious link to exemptions that have been granted and our Office of Gene Technology website is just crazy to navigate.
                            Another frightening thing is that CSIRO (used to be an independent scientific body funded by govt but now is not....hey keep the reputation and screw the masses) is trialling GM wheat, so it will be in our bread, in our flour, in our pasta......Also the trials on bananas which are highly regarded here as a great source of vitamins and minerals.

Comment

March against Monsanto

because our govt just blindly follows the US of A
                              Big mistake - especially when it comes to food. We have such a high cancer rate in this country - I think we rank something like 17th world wide in health yet we continue to do shit like design frankenfood. Really pisses me off. I'd move if I knew where to go - just too old to uproot, but believe me, I'm not on board with a lot of what goes on here. Depressing! Ugh!

I hope no one comes along to bash me for not being patriotic because we should be angry.

If you're not pissed, you're not paying attention!

Comment

Working...
                              X