Financial Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Financial Question?

What would u do if u were in my shoes , i have a ?167 in my account i need to pay half the mortgage. My ex pays the other half his living in the house. cant go into details.
    If i pay the mortgage tht means i have zero in my account. If i dnt pay i have the cash to spend on gas elec, mllk heating hot water. My b/f. has a small busimess if .
    money comes through than where okay but all depends on how much money customers spends online. Also dont. knw were i stand if i dont pay my half. Dont get pay now til first wk in june. What would u do?
    Really need ur in put on this subject thanks a lot. x
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Financial Question?

catch22;1510126 wrote: What would u do if u were in my shoes , i have a ?167 in my account i need to pay half the mortgage. My ex pays the other half his living in the house. cant go into details.
    If i pay the mortgage tht means i have zero in my account. If i dnt pay i have the cash to spend on gas elec, mllk heating hot water. My b/f. has a small busimess if .
    money comes through than where okay but all depends on how much money customers spends online. Also dont. knw were i stand if i dont pay my half. Dont get pay now til first wk in june. What would u do?
    Really need ur in put on this subject thanks a lot. x
    pay your mortgage. It's the most important way to protect your credit rating in the event you ever need another mortgage in the future. You do not want the bank coming after you. Keep a roof over your head!
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Financial Question?

are you living in the house too or just him?
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Financial Question?

I would recomend you pay your mortgage,you can't get the house back if the bank takes it away,your credit rating will be bad,sorry but you need to pay bank,they don't care if you ha e money for food ,good luck with your situation!!

Comment

Financial Question?

Thanks guys it hard. No am not living in the hse.
          I was hopeing i get more of a responds.
          It happen again am powerless over my elec i wnt be able to charge my fone up.
          Tht means i wont be able to get on here:-(
          A big part of me wants to pay my half , but !!!!!
          Thanks again all x
          Formerly known as Teardrop:l
          sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
          my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Financial Question?

I don't get it catch. who is on the title of the house? if you are a co owner, why don't you live there with the bf? if you are not a co owner, why are you paying half the mortgage of this house you don't live in and have no ownership of?

Comment

Financial Question?

if it were me,if im not living in the house im not paying half,you have to take care of yourself,im assuming you bought the house together then split?
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Financial Question?

If you have to pay it, pay it. Transportion is manageable (bus, bike, walk) and food and groceries can be helped too, food banks and free dinners are usually around. If these aren't options then you mustn't really be broke:P I do the same with my bills, Rent first, then everything else. I actually wrote a blog on this subject a while ago here: Venus Abstract: Five Helpful Tips for Hard Times

Every once in a while i lose my jobs (layoffs etc) goodluck

Comment

Financial Question?

I would not pay 1/2 if not living there- no way, even if name on title. Credit repairs itself.

Best of luck.

Comment

Financial Question?

I totally agree with Lucky.

Comment

Financial Question?

Catch22,

Although credit can eventually repair itself as mentioned before me, it is never wise to not pay mortgage or rent. My hubby buys houses from banks and more than once have we met people who have lost the house who are blown away because someone bought their house without seeing it. They don't undersrtand the world of investors and some realy don't understand the fact that if the mortgage isn't paid on time then there is also a substantial fee which sets them farther back. If they get set back too far, they will eventually lose the house and have horrible credit for a long time. This will definitely prevent them from purchasing a house again for a very long time and sometimes it makes renting complicated as landlords are wary of people with bad credit and usually charge 1st months rent, last months rent and a deposit because this person is now a financial risk.

When I was young and very poor my rule was to ALWAYS pay my rent first. I took care of a younger brother when I was 19 in my first home and we really struggled financially. There was money for just basic necessities and that was it. As some of the other writers shared, there are other support systems for other things, food banks, charities that may offer free or very inexpensive things like clothing and toiletries.

Your situation is a bit confusing as you didn't give details of your name being on the mortgage. So if it isn't and you don't live there then I wouldn't pay. But if you are truly half owner, then definitely prioritize the mortgage and utilize other resources for the things you need. See if you can talk to a Social worker or someone in the helping profession that would have access to community resources. Also, google info for resources for yourself.

Good luck.
                      :l
                      Eve11
                      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Financial Question?

sweetie78;1510515 wrote: I actually wrote a blog on this subject a while ago here: Venus Abstract: Five Helpful Tips for Hard Times
                        sweetie78,

Your blog was very informative. I copied and pasted the freecylcle info for my son and his girlfriend. Thanks for sharing!

:l
                        Eve11
                        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                        X