• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread, Saturday 25th May

:waving:

GoooooOOOOOOOOOD Morning army!

How are we all?

At the folks last night so internet connection somewhat on the bleedin slow side. It takes sometimes 3 or 4 mins to load a page, so if a whole conversation has started and finished by the time I post this wee morning message, my apologies for appearing I was ignoring it :H

Away to work after i've put yer breakfasts out. Continental today, though if anyone wants eggs, the hens have just laid a fresh half dozen.

JC - how is Sir Pee today? And how are you? The two of you could practice for the 3-legged race, if you were looking something active to do this weekend?!

Back laters folks - and with a somewhat quicker internet connection...

Comment

Good morning Arsey,
      Saw a Northern Broadsides production of Rutherford and sons last night BRILLIANT

Off for my little race this morning then visitors from India all afternoon. So may not get back on here until late
      Loved my brekkie and see you later.
      Have a great day Army--The sun is here

Comment

Good morning Molly. I too will be seeing my daughter. I have not seen her since Chrismas.

Have a lovely time with Jilly and keep that floor mopped:H

Comment

Mornin' all
          Great excitement Molls - how long is she staying ?
          You'll have your back-up now against the men :l

Norway - Ms A - one place I'd LOVE to go to !
          or Finland or in fact any of those Nordic countries.
          Always imagine they are cool and sopisticated (?)
          Could happen - we have an office in Finland
          Have a GREAT time -how long you going for ?

Comment

mollyka;1510351 wrote: Good morning Army - well Arsey and Mrsa anyhows - rest of yez must be snoring!!! The sun is blasting away here - AND ------ GIRLIE'S COMIN HOME!!! Joe an I are like kids on Christmas Eve - only way to describe us ----- back laters -- need to mop floors - again ---- xxxxx
            Eh yeah we's snoring ! 7 am of a Saturda - HELLO ?
            Yous three woke me up with yisser jabbering.

Arsey - where me brekkie ????? Mr S is still snoring -so I'll be a while waiting for the eggs.

Comment

Hi Satz It is very warm at the moment in Oslo. Lovely country but SOO expensive. I am going for just under a week. I go with a case full of stuff she cannot get over there or is too expensive.
              Is it lovely to be back home? I thought I might have bumped into you in Swindon?:H
              Right off I go back later

Comment

Morning arsey, whizzy, molly and satzy

Great that two of you will be seeing your daughters this weekend ladies. Will you be able to get online, whizzy? And how long will Jilly be home for, molls?

I've yet to decide what to do with my day. I need to try and stay away from the kitchen cos I've been eating too much since starting my taper and have put on a few lbs. :upset:

How did the interrogation of the youngest cub go tips?

Enjoy your Saturday army, whatever you have planned.

Comment

Good morning Arsey, Mrs. A, Molls, Satzuma and all to come.

Phew... lots of activity and excitement - and that's only halfway into the 1st page :goodjob:

On my2nd coffee, waiting for mum to get ready so I can take her to the hairdresser's. Shopping after that and then who knows? Poor eldest cub writing an economics exam as we speak. I always thought schools stuck to the working week... Apparently too few exam days. I was fast asleep by the time the youngest got home last night, but apparently all went well.
                  I'll do whatever it takes
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

X-post :wavin: Reccie
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1510364 wrote: X-post :wavin: Reccie
                      :hallo:

Comment

:waving: Recstar & Tippers
                        Reccie - the weight - having battled all my adult life to keep it under control - don't even think about it now at this stage - one stress you don't need.
                        You eat well - I see that in your posts ......
                        My advise eat everything - except crap of course :thumbs: - enjoy it - it's the best of 2 evils. Having seen a photo - you will get away with a few pounds ( a lot of pounds ) :l

Comment

Musings on a Saturday )

Bit early for heavy stuff folks but :
                          I know Ms A will probably relate to this.....
                          It's Mr S's and extended family attitude.
                          When I came back from UK was talking about the folks in the pub and out 'till 2am.
                          I got : " and would YOU not stay with them?" have a few drinks :egad:
                          Said in a kinda God she's boring - type of voice.

When we go to dinner : "what do you want ? SODA WATER?"
                          Said in a bored when will this phase pass - type voice.

It's ok day to day but becoming a struggle in social situations.

I refuse to come out & say I'm a problem drinker - not to other family members or friends - especially SIL:no:
                          I just won't do that to myself and have that tag for the rest of my days . Too proud to have whispers about me.

I know this is STUPID - but sometimes I think I need a spectacular event so that it's out in the open? Then the choice is taken away from me whether to drink ever again or not ! Would be easier.

THE END

Comment

satz123;1510368 wrote: :waving: Recstar & Tippers
                            Reccie - the weight - having battled all my adult life to keep it under control - don't even think about it now at this stage - one stress you don't need.
                            You eat well - I see that in your posts ......
                            My advise eat everything - except crap of course :thumbs: - enjoy it - it's the best of 2 evils. Having seen a photo - you will get away with a few pounds ( a lot of pounds ) :l
                            It's definitely the lesser of the two evils satsuma, would agree with you there, and I have certainly been enjoying it (a little too much!!!) but I think I need to nip the problem in the bud before it gets out of hand. Not being the biggest bloke in the world, it doesn't take much additional weight before it starts showing.

Comment

Recluse;1510374 wrote: It's definitely the lesser of the two evils satsuma, would agree with you there, and I have certainly been enjoying it (a little too much!!!) but I think I need to nip the problem in the bud before it gets out of hand. Not being the biggest bloke in the world, it doesn't take much additional weight before it starts showing.
                              So what's your poison Reccie? - what is the one thing (food) you just can't resist.
                              Mine is ; NUTS or bags of Fruit & Nuts - yum
                              Can't stop when I start
                              The fact they tell us they are healthy - makes it worse :egad: always a little guy on my shoulder saying " go on Satzy - healthy oils ":H

Comment

Working...
                              X