Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am getting older and this addiction getting younger !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,
    You all know I am fighting with the devil in 4 the last years. Anyway,
    I am getting older and its getting younger and even stronger..,my immunity power definitely getting weaker naturally just because of my age and intake of AL.
    It took my tooth's strength away , cause I can't bite fresh fruits.
    It took my business away cause I can't deal with it well.
    It took my family away from me , daughters and son which I can just dream of it,
    It took away my education cause I can't pass an exam so easily, previously I used this AL while giving any exam and were doing well, got always first position. Which made me inspired to keep the friendship longer .
    It also made me financially weaker because I have given all of my property to my wife.
    It has destroyed my physical and mental health because I can now notice so much changes in my health and mentally tired.
    Initially it really gives pleasure and stimulate mind too.
    Though I am getting older I won't let it go younger !!!!
    Please share !!
    Cheers
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Dix - Big hugs to you!! Let's do this...let's just do this. I'm ready...are you wtih me???:h
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

My disease gets younger & stronger when I feed it... The longer I stay sober & the harder I work on recovery, the weaker it gets.

Comment

Dixon I think you have so much new wisdom now that you didn't have in the beginning. Are you able to see your wife and children these days? Perhaps you could try reaching out to them and rebuilding some trust because you have changed so much. Even if things are done with your wife, I think it would help you to have some contact with your son and daughters and build a fresh relationship with them, with the new dixon who you are now. If they are still angry at you, then sometimes all it takes is to say "I'm sorry, I messed up and give me a chance to do better"

Comment

NoraC;1510744 wrote: Dix - Big hugs to you!! Let's do this...let's just do this. I'm ready...are you wtih me???:h

hi NoraC
          Its my pleasure to be in touch with you having your hugs...how are you mate ?
          Previousely I used to blame others for my failure now I take all the responsibilities myself.Because nobody has the right to disappoint me unless and otherwise I give them my permission..
          Thanks NoraC Its

Comment

sparky78;1510747 wrote: My disease gets younger & stronger when I feed it... The longer I stay sober & the harder I work on recovery, the weaker it gets.
            Really sparky we must not make friendship with it.You know I was thinking of someone who was drinking on my way to back from work.I felt sorry about them and I didn't have any interest on AL even I were in a big party .It was happened for the six months continousely .Once I drank an soft drinks which has alcohol naturally on itself ,I found the taste of it drank beer more..it was a carrabian drink I don't know the name .Then my confidence built up on it .That was my terrible momment ...now 1/3 days are with AL.
            Feeling sorry about that moment ..
            Cheers mate to be with me here .
            Dix

Comment

drinkingal;1510846 wrote: Dixon I think you have so much new wisdom now that you didn't have in the beginning. Are you able to see your wife and children these days? Perhaps you could try reaching out to them and rebuilding some trust because you have changed so much. Even if things are done with your wife, I think it would help you to have some contact with your son and daughters and build a fresh relationship with them, with the new dixon who you are now. If they are still angry at you, then sometimes all it takes is to say "I'm sorry, I messed up and give me a chance to do better"
              Definitely I am changed a lot my dear as I wrote on NoraC ,s post above .No can make inferior me without my permission Thanks.
              I don't know what happening with my wife she sometimes get in contact and give chances to see my kids too.Othertimes she completely hide herself ...She says its my duty to give you a chance to see your kids but I am not with you at all ....don't know if she is or not?
              Anyway I will go back to our extended family soon and take an action.Now I am in limbo can't share to community and do not have my seniors family memers to advise me as I:h:h am the oldest and educated on the eyes of others..

Comment

Working...
              X