need help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help please.

I used to frequently come on this site. Years ago. I am at the end of my rope again. I can't stop drinking like an idiot. Last night I drank at home alone, went to the bar on my bicycle. this morning I woke up with a scab on the back of my head and a sprained wrist I have no idea where my bike is. I'm so disappointed and defeated. I can't do anything now because I'm hung over and I'm just so tired of this. please I don't know what to do other than abstain and I've been trying to prove that theory wrong for the past two years. has anyone been in a similar situation?

need help please.

Hey Kyle, sorry to hear about what happened to you last night. Non-doing sounds like a very good idea right now. Be kind to yourself won't you. I hope you stick around. Only takes a few days to feel a whole heap better and see light at the end of the tunnel. Wishing you strength.
    :lFF
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

need help please.

i can relate,ive just gotten off a two week bender after so many starts and stops im losing count,i feel like a failure but i feel stronger,i just hafta stay quit,thats it! easier said than done though,but i had quit having that "i need a drink feeling" i hate that im feeling like that again,i just gotta ignore it,keep strong,we can do this!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

need help please.

Hey Kyle, just as FF says - a few days and you'll start seeing a bit of light towards a way out.

By the way head to the Newbies Nest and also check out the tool thread. Both are great places to start and get a bearing of the site and what you want/need out of it.

Comment

need help please.

yeah thanks guys. I definitely can't do this by myself. I just got laid off last week and was fighting with my gf so I went on a bender. the result is my injuries and I'm too hung over to drive to apply for work. so dissatisfied with myself. just lose all control after one drink!

Comment

need help please.

OK will do rc

Comment

need help please.

oh, and take some arnica!
              You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

need help please.

Kyle
                So sorry to hear that. We have all been there. Drunk driving, drunk walking,.....etc. Waking up to find your self in your house but have no clue how you got there. Good thing is these moments that bring about the biggest shame and guilty are a good catalyst for change. I never seriously considered my alcoholism as anything serous when i was drinking moderately. Only when i really started screwing up big time did i finally say enough is enough.
                Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

need help please.

Kyle, welcome back! Everyone here can identify with your post! You have landed in a great place if you are finally ready to get AL out of your life. Head on over to the Newbie's Nest, the link is below...go to the last page for the most current. Read back a week or two to get to know us and then jump right in. Also in my signature line is a link to the Tool Box. There are 100's of tips and coping skills to help you thru the first challenging days. You've made a great first step, coming here. I'll look for you over in the nest...it's very active and you will find great support there. Welcome! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

need help please.

Wishing you the best Kyle. I was sober 11 months before I fell off the wagon because some crappy stuff happened in my life. The wine just made it worse. Once you have a few days under your belt, you will be amazed at how much you can handle. I truly hope things turn around for you. We are here for you ��
                    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

need help please.

thanks guys and gals. feeling a bit better already.

Comment

need help please.

:welcome: back Kylejacob,

Same as many others here, I can relate. Since I was a binge drinker, the hangovers were always helpful in the start to my quits. Finally, one stuck (thankfully) and I feel like I'm back to living an alcohol free life. Its been a few months now and I have to say I am still ridiculously grateful for waking up every day without a hangover! Its wonderful.

I hope you will stick around and allow all these great folks to support you. The beauty about MWO is that its yours to create for yourself. You gravitate toward people/threads/methods/supplements/etc...that speak to you and integrate it into your life. Its doable. YOU ARE WORTH THE EFFORT! I don't know if you mentioned how long you have quit before, but you will begin to feel a ton better in a relatively short amount of time.

Wishing you the best in your journey. :l P.
                        "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

need help please.

yes, the reality is I could have been killed. some memories came back of me laying on the road with headlights and some dude shaking me asking if I was OK. blank from there. I assume I was hit by a car... unbelievable. however its in my past and I can only get better from here :-)

Comment

need help please.

thanks for all the good wishes everyone. this small amount of text has helped a lot.

Comment

need help please.

Hi Kyle and welcome back!

Sometimes those nights like the one you had the other day are just what we need to make us take a long, hard look at the reality of our drinking. Normal drinkers don't end up laying in the middle of the street. I've had my share of nights where I did stuff I can't remember or had bits and pieces come back eventually. Waking up with bruises all over and wondering if I'd driven....checking to see who I'd drunk called/texted/emailed. The good thing is, that never has to happen again...

Please stick close and let us know how you are doing.

We're glad to have you back!

K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X