Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calculator for this?

Hello,

I was just searching and found many alcohol calculators, but I was looking for something specific and could not find it.

Basically what I am looking for is something where you can put in the alcohol percentage, then how many ounces/mls you drank, and it would come up with how many "standard" drinks that is?

For instance, most light beers in the U.S. are around 4.2 percent. Unfortunately near me I can only find them in 16 oz. bottles. Would that be equal to a 12 oz. 5% beer? Would I need to dump out an ounce, maybe two? I also had a 187ml (or about 6.3 oz) of wine to sip slowly. However it is 17% and not the "standard" 12% that wine should be.

I can guess on these pretty good, but just wondering if there was anything out there that was more exact???

Thanks!

Calculator for this?

Woody why are you trying to calculate the alcohol content? Any alcohol for us is BAD NEWS. You said on another post you have been through multiple detoxs, dui's etc (if I remember correctly). I know it is hard, but no alcohol is what's best, not determining alcohol content. Does it really matter? For most of us one drink is too many. I suspect it is the same for you.

Are you trying to moderate? Have you not tried this before and failed? I do not what the answer to your question is. I just wanted to say from someone who is over 40 and been through this, that is time to get honest about alcohol and the problems it has caused you.

Are you actively involved in therapy, AA, IOP, any type of support group?

The longer you deny what alcohol is doing to you the more damage it will cause for you.
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Calculator for this?

Ok, I think you might be tapering according to your previous post. I too tapered to stop completely over 2 years ago. I did a 7 day taper. I basically cut my drinks by 2 everyday til the last day when I had one "goodbye" drink. This is tricky for us alcoholics because we want more than what the taper allows for. I was determined to be done forever and I didn't want to go to a detox. My mind was clear the WHOLE time that I was done FOREVER. The tapering was just a way to end it safely. Is this where you are?

Comment

Calculator for this?

Yes that is where i am at and yes the last two posts I started no one answered the question or I got major attitude. I have been through quite a bit before, but lately people replying have been acting like know it alls. Just be nice and answer the question. It COULD be possible I know more and have been through more than YOU.

Comment

Calculator for this?

The reason is probably be because people are struggling to quit and they do not want to encourage anyone to drink. As I said, I did taper to quit. You may know more about this than me or the other people here, I can't compare my experiences to yours because I don't know you. What I do know is I am MUCH happier in the past 2 years of not drinking than I ever was when I drank. I do hope you find the answer to your questions and that you do stop drinking for good. It is truly is a much better way to live.

Comment

Calculator for this?

Hope this helps.

Drink size calculator - Rethinking Drinking - NIAAA
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Calculator for this?

Interesting link, JC and interesting concept, Woody. I always thought that society ill prepares teens and young adults for drinking in the US. They tell us 'Don't drink and drive' but don't give us the proper tools to know when we've had too much. As we all know very well, once you've had a drink or two your inhibitions go down. It would be nice to have some sort of '21st birthday kit' to include something like this and a hand-held breath-a-lyzer.

Good luck with your taper, Woody! Don't mind all the 'know-it-alls'! They care and really are pulling for you to succeed. It's hard for that to come across on a forum. I tapered a few times, so please feel free to PM me if you need to talk.
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Working...
              X