Champagne at Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Champagne at Work

Yesterday I did well. There was a whole bottle of champagne in the staff lounge left over from an event earlier in the day and I didn't get myself a glass, not even right when leaving work like I have in the past. I then went out to a bar to watch the hockey game and when asked if I wanted to split a pitcher I said, no thanks and ordered an iced tea.

This is very good and I'm happy about it because today at work I found out that some paperwork that I've been doing frequently for the past few months has been wrong and I had a long meeting about why it's wrong where I could feel myself getting overwhelmed and feeling bad about myself. That kind of anxiety is difficult for me to deal with especially if I'm tired or hung over, but today I wasn't.

Tonight I will not drown my disappointments and make myself feel like I am not a smart capable human being. I will drink barley tea and do my best to be nice to myself.

Champagne at Work

Great job Smith! Being kind to yourself is essential.

Comment

Champagne at Work

Yes...VERY good job Smith!

I had to learn how to stop "picking" on myself. We are usually our own biggest critics. Give yourself a break and think of all the positive things you ARE doing!

Keep up the great work!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Champagne at Work

It is strange how cruel we can be to ourselves. I really do beat myself up and keep thinking about things I did wrong. I tend to think about things in a circle making it difficult to move on or just feel good about myself.

I believe in being supportive of the people around me, now I need to learn how to be supportive of myself.

Comment

Working...
        X