One Step at a Time - June 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well - I just saw that I started the June thread in the wrong place. Whoops..... So.....here is the real June thread. Sorry peeps. :new:

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

I just couldn't imagine why nobody was posting here. Sorry about that folks. :H Let me repeat what I just said:

Hi Pauly!!!

I had a good session today with my therapist. Going to try some new techniques. One of which is making sure that I connect here every evening.

I'm feeling positive. For the moment. Trying to remind myself that I can't be happy every minute and to stop trying to force it.

I've been having a wonderful day just reading. I hope that everyone else is having a great day.

Well -this post has all been about "I", I see. But, I am thinking about all of you. Much love & hugs.....check in later to see how you all are doing.
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

you silly goose nora,lets make june a great month
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

NoraC;1514022 wrote:

Well -this post has all been about "I", I see.

I see this said quite frequently on MWO, and don't understand how we're supposed to know what's going on with one another if "I" doesn't come into it a post. I'd find it boring if everyone only asked how others are doing, and said nothing about themselves.

So pleased you're sounding good, sweet Nora.

I
        rose early, thinking I'd do some gardening before the temps became unbearable. Pondered that thought with my coffee for a bit, decided nahhh, and am back in bed. Much better.

Didn't TTDP last night, and feel much lighter and happier this morning. Need to find another solution, folks.
        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

I second Juja - I love hearing about you all.

I started taking the Zoloft yesterday and it's making me feel really sick. Hopefully that will wear off soon.

Have a lovely Sunday kids
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Good morning all,
            Thank you all for the well wishes on making 5 months both alcohol and smoking free, I feel so much better and healthier as my body now is realizing the rewards.
            I am in a hotel again for a week and last night was fighting the demon that cropped up out of the blue due to the usual surroundings, but I kept reading this site and that made a difference as I now sit here writing this feeling AWESOME.
            So I am onboard for making June a great month.
            Thank you all,
            FT
            AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
            As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Hi Friends,
              I'm still reading your posts every day, not to much to say. The great outdoors always calls out to me.

FT congrats on your five months. Might as sweep the whole house out, eh?

Nora, do stay with the group. No one should apologise for I statements, I don't think that was your point.

Juja, Glass, Mama and everyone else, you are still posting and still searching, that counts too.

Take care all.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Morning everyone - or I mean afternoon. :H

Just got home from grocery shopping. I hate that chore. Yuck. Oh well - guess it's necessary if I want to continue eating.

Glass - so sorry that the med is making you sick. I couldn't take Paxil because of that. Actually, I couldn't take Zoloft either. Just remember that if that one doesn't work, there are others to try. :l

Juja - I am so sorry that AB wasn't a solution for you. You gave it a fair shot. But, you certainly can't keep taking it if you feel awful all the time. :h

FT - you are doing so great! I am so very happy for you.

I'm making a real effort to stick to One Step at a Time. I was overwhelming myself. So, trying to get back to the basics.

Pauly - you made me laugh out loud with the Silly Goose comment. :H You should have seen how I felt when I realized what I had done. What a ding dong.

I'm going to go laze around and read some more. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend some time.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Glass, it takes awhile for SE's of AD's to wear off. Don't give up, okay?

FT, you are so incredibly strong. Keep it going.

Nora, sounds like you had a lovely day. Reading is the best, isn't it? I'm going to start a Peter Robinson mystery. Never read him, but he gets good reviews. I love finding new authors I like.

Also, why do you think you were getting away from one step at a time?

Good to see you Sunny.:l

I planted lots of flowers yesterday, and was crippled last night. Pathetic. Pleasantly surprised that I recovered overnight.

Watching DH give a very old cat two pills. Not going well for the hubs....:H

Hi Mama, pauly, K9.
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Good morning,
                    This "one step at a time" thread had kept me going all this time, I read it and post on it as it does make a difference.
                    Last night at work I found that the team here with me there are 3 drinkers, 3 smokers out of 5 of us, I was asked to join them at the bar last night after work and trust me the temptation to do so was right up there. BUT I decided to head to the hotel first to change and used the time also to read this site and esp this thread and guess what? I did not go back out... Sitting here now after having b-fast and so glad that I have a clear head, so again thank you all.
                    Well now it's nap time and then to the gym before back to work this afternoon.
                    FT
                    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

good morning everybody,i read on another thread someone wrote "i love mondays,its a new begining"im trying to adopt that attitude as i slowly drag my ass outta bed and into the shower haha,anyways y'all make it a good one,im working on it
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Everyone!

We are in full effect with the "June Gloom" weather here...overcast and drizzle, perfect weather for staying in bed...but alas, here I am at work!

FT - HOW did you manage to quit smoking at the same time as drinking? Trying to quit smoking is the hardest thing I've eve done, and I haven't succeeded yet. Any tips you have would be much appreciated!!!

Where's Mama??

Juja - The AB is not working out for you? You must be having side effects (?)

Will check in later peeps...happy Monday!
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Just found out I did NOT get the job. They hired the lady that already worked there, so basically she got promoted.

DAMNIT.

I need to go sulk for a while.
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1514894 wrote: Just found out I did NOT get the job. They hired the lady that already worked there, so basically she got promoted.

DAMNIT.

I need to go sulk for a while.
                            I'm sorry K9. :l

Comment

CRAP K9..............
                              I am here
                              didn't get home from the lake till late, and it's a typical Monday here
                              I am happy for everyone, but feel the need to go some butt on K9's behalf....
                              Glass.......give the Zoloft a few weeks at least.....not to scare you, but I cried so much on it that I ruined a vacation many years ago.
                              My doc likes Wellbutrin and Effexor
                              but I am sticking with my Paxil...
                              back to work,,,and the heading to CA to beat someone up. Why do they even bother with interviews and toy with people if they aren't serious??
                              Pop fell at the lake yesterday and smashed his nose, face and eye. It terrified all of us. The Parkinson's is makeing him so unsteady.....I cried in the car on the way home.
                              Nora, I think your therapist is spot on. I have good days and bad. I have good hours and bad. But I ALWAYS know that I will be ok. Baby steps ok??? And come here
                              FT...I am so proud of you. Travelling for business has always been my downfall.
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X