One Step at a Time - June 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They didn't find any blood clots in my cousin leg. So that is great. They are watching him very closely for infection. They were able to remove the breathing tube. It's still just wait & see right now. He is in ICU of course. But, this sounds so much better than it did.
    Thank you for all of the support. It means a lot.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

morning peeps...yawn
      shower then coffee
      JDG - came back to us girl
      keep us posted on the meds Glass
      have a happy day Juja!!
      I love you Nora
      gonna text K9 today
      hope you had a happy day FT!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

gosh...where is everyone?
        I had "the talk" with my assistant and she got so mad I sent her home....

Comment

Afternoon mama,
          All is good and glad to hear you confronted the assistant, she will get over it or you over her and let her move on...
          I stated in my birthday post that it felt so different to wake up fresh and clear headed this morning after my birthday, than for the fist time in as long as I remember and not having drank anything as a birthday celebration and I must say I do like it.
          Wishing all a good day...
          FT
          AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
          As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Slow day at work today which IMO is very, very nice!

Mama, this girl is going to be the gift that keeps on giving - sounds like she needs to go. I only have limited knowledge of her behavior but it just doesn't sound like things are right with her. Time to make her someone else's problem perhaps?

Have a great day/evening all.
            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

hi everyone hope wednesdays going good for everyone,mama if shes this bad so early on imagine how itll be down the road,yikes! slow day at work for me too,its weird when i go in pumped and ready to make money its slow,when i dont feel like working its busy,ugh annoying anyways hope everybody is ok
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone! Mama...I got your text, it came in when I was on the phone with the workers comp people. Thank you...and I MISS YOU TOO!!

I am really, really hoping I can just go back to work next week. I really don't want to go thru all the paperwork and hassle of disability/ workers comp...plus I need 100% of my pay too (small detail...lol)

So mama...what happened with crackhead? She got THAT mad? Wow....

Well I've been on the couch all day...I used to WISH for couch time...now I wish I could just be normal again. I don't wanna gain all that weight back. Yes mama...I know Henry is yours... I am still holding out for Joaquin!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Speaking of weight...my girlie is driving me to the store to get snacks and something fizzy to drink. *sigh*
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

sounds fun K9
                    yes, she got that mad and I sent her ass home
                    so sad to hear James Gandolfini, AKA Tony Soprano, died
                    just a quick check in before I go get lost in a book
                    hope you get back to work soon K9..you could STILL come work for me!!
                    nite loves!

Comment

Hello all... Haven't been here for a couple of weeks... really busy with my "bank jobs." This is so depressing... Every time I do one of these, and I do at least 3 or 4 per day, I pray that if the people who are getting booted out of their homes won't by some miracle be able to keep them, then at least, somehow they will find a roof over their heads... Wonderful experience today... the home was occupied by violent tenants.. who were fighting on behalf of the owner.. a Level 3, sex offender... This was so ugly, I cannot even tell you.. Well, I guess I just did.. Hoping to find a little comfort here tonight, I guess.

Comment

Sound like you need some of these :l:l:l Caper. It must be very hard to see so many people in distress.

K9 - if you have some hand weights there are a lot of seated exercises you can do that will at least burn up a bit of energy and keep you toned. Also, if you can get up and down off the floor there are some pilates exercises you can do. I know it's not the same as the gym but it might help in the meantime!

I just got back from the Dr. I'm off the Zoloft for now, and I'm seeing her again on 5 July to talk abut what we do next. I also feel like I've been punched in the face after the dentist yesterday but it seems to be healing OK. Off to have some soup now!

:h:h
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hello all.....

Caper - great big hugs from me too!!! :l What a hard job.

Glass - oh - I hope you feel better. Is that it for the dental work now? Glad that you are off the Zoloft too. I hope that you can find something else that helps you. :h

Mama - I have made the mistake at work of keeping someone when it wasn't working out. Kept thinking it would improve. It didn't!!! Enjoy your book & take it easy tonight.

K9 - I hope that you get to where you can go to work. I can't afford to miss work either. How is your leg feeling??

Allswell - I have to agree that a slow day is nice sometimes. My days are usually so hectic that it's nice when you can actually take a breath. :H

Pauly - slow day for you too!?! Wow - :H

FT - I'm glad that you had a great birthday and woke up hangover free. :l

They are still monitoring my cousin very closely. They have not gone in with another surgery yet. They are keeping the wound open and packed. Removing & repacking it three times a day. Watching him very closely for infection. How much skin is dying, etc. Checking his blood enzymes to make sure his muscle isn't dying off. He is aware of what's going on. It's just watch and wait now They will have to have another surgery to clean it out, etc.
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

gosh Nora..that sounds horrible. Is this from the HIV? I had no idea it would attack your limbs. Or is it something else?
                            Caper - I have no words to make you feel better. The economy is awful and many people are losing their homes. Hubs and I are about to hire an attorney to put us into bankruptcy AGAIN to stave off a looming foreclosure. All you can do is be compassionate when dealing with people. Maybe you could find something else to do that won't make you so sad??
                            Poor Glass...tooth pain is the worst. I, too, am glad you are off the Zoloft. It made me a loony bird.
                            Hiya Pauly, FT, Juja Allswell and anyone else I forgot.
                            I am up at the butt crack of dawn for some reason. Crackhead (that's a horrible nickname "-)) will be back at work today, so we shall see. She texted me all day begging for another chance. I'll sum her up quite simply....she is 45 and acts like she is 16. She just got a nose piercing. She put "sexy" pictures of herself on FB (just like teen age) girls do....blah, blah, blah...I know. I just have to document away, thanks to corporate America and then do what must be done.
                            anyhoo..coffee calling my name
                            Nora - is Scott home yet? and are taking your AB? You know how much you mean to me

Comment

Hi all.
                              FT>Happy Belated birthday
                              K-9>Hope you get back to work as soon as you want.
                              GHE>You'll find another AD. Good to get the teeth work over with. I need some work, too.
                              Mama>Good luck with the co-worker. Arrested development is annoying.
                              Caper>What an awful job. I couldn't do it, but we do what we have to do, right?

Okay. Here it is. I've drunk just about every night in June. Still not back on the AB. I don't think I fight the devil hard enough. I'm not winning the battle.

Have the usual physical and psychological feelings today, but they will pass. The shame and guilt are the worst, not that I did anything bad.

Tonight's another night, and tomorrow's another day.

My goal is to start AB Saturday night.
                              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Juja
                                if I can go to CA and whip Nora's butt....I can come get you too!! :-)
                                Come on girl...where's your fight and your spirit?????
                                I'll be back in a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X