Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - June 2013

Hey guys I am here,

Just spent 4 hours driving for an apt with the rn board only to cancel half way there. things are better just really down today.

Love and hugs,
    JDG
    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

mama bear;1521917 wrote: Juja
      if I can go to CA and whip Nora's butt....I can come get you too!! :-)
      Come on girl...where's your fight and your spirit?????
      I'll be back in a bit
      I don't know where they went.

JDG> What's going on?
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

talk to us JDG
        I'm on my way Juja..............................
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

lalalalalalalala
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi everyone!
            Hope ou are okay JDG...what's goin on?
            Juja...you CAN do this if you want to. Why are you waiting until Saturday to take the AB? Take it 12 hours after your last drink (i.e. NOW). Come on, we all have faith in you!

Well another exciting day on he couch. I doze off randomly all day then its no wonder why my sleep is all messed up at night. I never thought I'd say his...but I miss (even my current) job!

Oh mama...your assistant sounds horrible. So she's a middle aged woman trying to be a teenager...good lord. Im not sure I'd be able to refrain from making not-so-nice personal comments...so kudos to you for your restraint!

Ok...guess I wll see what's on tv...nothing as usual...I'm sure!
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

My last drink was about 10:30 last night. Thought I ought to wait 48 hours. No? If not, I'll start tomorrow night.

Mama, I'd love for you to come and get me, kick my butt, and just talk.
              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hello everyone,

Not sure who cancelled what JDG, did the board cancel the meeting or did you say the hell with it? Glad things are better regardless.

Hey Juja, we all know this is a personal fight and can only be done when we're 100% ready. Keep trying okay.

Hope everyone has a good day today. Prayers for your family that's suffering right now Nora.
                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Thanks for the hugs and kind words, GHE, Nora, Mama, and Juja?. It really does help to be able to discuss this with you guys. Because of the nature of my business, I am not allowed to discuss it with local friends, obviously. Mama, what you say is so true. Despite what the ?government owned? newspapers want us to believe about the housing market improving, that is pure BS. I wouldn?t be doing 3 or 4 of these a day if that were true. I hate to hear that you are contemplating bankruptcy to avoid foreclosure. There are other methods, especially if you can prove that your lender holds only your mortgage, not the actual ?note? which is what is critical here. Let me know if your mortgage is owned by MERS and maybe I can offer some advice? Not exactly sure how FL real estate works. Juja, kid, I am so with you. Every morning, I am determined, yet every night I find a good excuse to stop off for that bottle of wine. You and I have history; wish we could find a way to help each other. Nora, so sorry to hear about your cousin?s leg, but you know what? It might not be the end of the world. My brother, a diabetic, lost his leg to gangrene about 2 years ago. My sister-in-law was at the point where she called me to ask if I thought it would be ?right? to hand him the gun. Well, miracles happen. Losing his leg ended up possibly being the best thing that could have happened to my brother at that point in his life. He stopped drinking, smoking, started exercising, eating good stuff, going back to church. It has been an amazing transformation. He is a new person? We just can?t see sometimes, how God can work things out for good, can we? GHE, hope your dental situation is improving?. I?ve been there recently myself. I don?t know what else is going on in your life because I?m a slug and I don?t read too far back. Hope everyone else here is doing okay? Thanks again, guys, for being here?

Comment

Caper, Juja - I'm with you too. I can't seem to string more than a few AF days together. I just feel too sick and tired to even make the effort at the moment, which I know is stupid because the al sure can't be doing any good. Mama can you please bring that pointy boot over here for me too?

I'm taking a day off today. I woke up so many times last night either because of the cough or to run (and I mean RUN) to the toilet, I'm exhausted today.

Caper I work in an area where everything is confidential too (child safety and disability). Some of the issues I have to deal with absolutely break my heart. I will never understand how someone can hurt or exploit someone smaller or more vulnerable than them. Sadly there is some real evil in the world. :upset:

JDG, K9 I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs to you all. :h
                    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Thanks Caper, GHE, Mama, & K9.

I suppose if I had time to focus on myself, l could beat this monster. I won't stop at the market on the way home after work tomorrow. I will not.

Love to all of you. We'll make it.

Comment

After reading your posts, Juja and GHE, I had this picture of us all tonight, holding our heads up with one hand, typing with one finger from the other ... glass not too far away... Should we post pictures of that? Do you think it would scare us straight?

Comment

I often think of the painting "The Absinthe Drinkers" by Monet (?). The look on the woman's face is perfect.

Typing with two hands, my friend, and not drinking.

I don't think anything scares many of us until it's too late.

Comment

Juja,

Your remark about things not kicking in until it's too late struck a note with me. I didn't quit smoking until I saw my mother become nothing more than a skeleton because of lung cancer and I didn't get serious about the drinking until I saw family members, friends, and friends of friends deal with sickness or legal problems, or liver disease and for some unfortunate souls all three. Drinking scares the hell out of me. To all of us let's not wait until it's too late okay.
                            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Great conversation today everyone. Very thought provoking. Thank you. :h

I am still struggling but today is Day 4. I am not going to count days though. I am going to just work on getting better & stronger. I'm still concerned that I'm going to do something stupid & drink on the AB. So, I started taking Naltrexone again yesterday. I am hoping that I will feel strong enough for the AB soon. I had planned on drinking today but I didn't. So, I think that the Naltrexone is helping.

Let's not wait until it's too late. Let's take these steps to help ourselves. You all mean so very much to me. Thank you for being here. :l:l
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Juja;1522100 wrote: I often think of the painting "The Absinthe Drinkers" by Monet (?). The look on the woman's face is perfect.

Typing with two hands, my friend, and not drinking.

I don't think anything scares many of us until it's too late.
                                I tried to Google it. It came up with several different ones. As I'm browsing, hubby came in & talking & eating stinky popcorn......."what is that? what ya looking at? Impressionist painting?"
                                :stomper:
                                He left now.

Anyway, if you can post the link to the painting, I would love to see it. :h
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X