One Step at a Time - June 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nora- I'm glad you're on AB. You can't get drunk while taking it...just sick...so don't test it out ok? :h

I hope everyone has a good sober night tonight...things always get better... :l
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

"The Absinthe Drinker" I was thinking about is by Degas, not Manet (or Monet). We can all identify with the subject's expression. Manet also has one, which I was unaware of, but that one doesn't strike a chord with me like Degas'.

I've never had success posting links, so you'll have to look it up.
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

oh my lambs....I want to wrap my arms around all of you
        I am off today since I have to work tomorrow for Crackhead. She is turning 45 and HAS to SKYDIVE...yep...you heard me right
        so, I am doing my normal Saturday stuff today
        maybe we could arrange a meet up???? I am in Fla......I am willing to drive a few hours.....let me know
        go read Unwasted's post about AL sneaking up on her after six months.....very inspiring
        off to google picture you mentioned Juja
        I just finished reading "Innocent Traitor" by Allison Weir.....I am a Tudorphile.....it was good!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

The Absinthe Drinker - Edgar Degas - WikiPaintings.org

so much that but at least you known where to start :-)

depressing painting

Comment

happy friday everyone! well tonite my daughter is going to a huge 3 day rave,last year there was 300,000 people there this year they expect more! i would feel so clausterphobic,but shes young and i want her to have fun but im worried sick shell take weird drugs or drink too much,my nerves are shot with worry ugh,hopefully shell be smart,anyways nora 4 days is great just keep going im finally sick of feeling like shit and i dont even have to feel that way! you dont either,to everyone else struggling,take mamas advice and put your big girl pants on its hard but weve all done it before right?k9 isnt it funny how we crave couch time sometimes but when you have to be stuck there its horrible?hah no fun,anyways my thoughts are with you all well get through,everybody have a good one
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

home from grocery shopping....it's about to pour here
              Pauly - I would be a nervous wreck about that too.....prayers that she's smart and safe

Comment

Went to breakfast with the fam then my kiddo took me grocery shopping because I am going back on my juice only diet...I cannot just sit here and blow up. Lol

Now I am on the couch surrounded by 2 dogs and 3 teenagers playing Mario Kart (ok the dogs aren't playing. Lol). Sierra has 2 two boyfriends over...lol. You'd think she'd be sick of boys since she has 6 of them for cousins but I guess not.

I get another X-ray on Monday...I hope to get more time off...might as well milk this whole workers comp thing right? Lol. My flip floppy boss can survive without me.

Comment

as long as your paycheck doesn't suffer.....
                  home alone with purring kitty beside me....he's not playing Mario Kart either!
                  take care of your paw K9...

Comment

2 boyfriends over at the same time??? interesting......I was never that good!

Comment

Yeah mama...she got skillz! Now they are all singing. Lol

My paw hurts a lot today

Comment

Take care K9, relax as much as you can as long as pay is not affected.
                        Mama we have had rain every day here south of you and light show to the max, WOW.
                        Friday chillin with my son, life is good.
                        FT
                        AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                        As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Juja ... awesome find... very meaningful... thanks so much for stearing us to that painting ...

Comment

I've always loved that painting, but it never came together for me until I developed a problem with AL. Absinthe is illegal now, isn't it?

pauly, I'd be scared to death about the rave. The things that go through my head....

My life did a 180 yesterday. I was sure I was at the start of a major depressive episode. Scared, and sick to my stomach. Went to work, friend asked me to go to DC today to the French Embassy's summer solstice festival--her treat. She could see me sinking. I agreed--screw housework. Co-workers were so kind. Then, I took the plunge and visited my father. I had to get if off my my conscience--hadn't see him in over a week.. He was as nice as he could be--very unusual. I guess he was a bit frightened of being abandoned. So-o-o, the depression has lifted, for the most part. Will stay away from AL! No French wine or champagne for me today.

Love to everyone of you.
                            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Juja I am happy that your dark spirits went away so fast......my moods can last for weeks
                              off to work so Crackhead can jump out of a plane.....it's supposed to rain all day so it will probably get cancelled - evil laugh inserted- muahahahahahahaha
                              I have always loved art. Did you study art history Juja?
                              kisses to the paw K9 and Nora, glass, pauly and FT...have a super day
                              it's my 22nd wedding anniversary....gonna be a quiet one
                              love you all to bits
                              mama

Comment

Hi friends,
                                One year ago today I started posting here in earnest, so Mama I share an anniversary with you.

Juja, I'm glad you are good, and have supportive friends. Maybe you do too much for your dad?

Nora, four days are a great success for you.

FT, those AF days are just adding up for you.

My gardens are amazing this year. We had a tree removed in the winter, providing more sun, and the ample June rains have made the plants go crazy!

Tomorrow I'm going on a garden tour on bikes.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X