Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - June 2013

Sunny Butt!!!! So good to see you!!!!
    Glad to hear about the garden....my flowers are loving all the rain!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama bear;1522567 wrote: Juja I am happy that your dark spirits went away so fast......my moods can last for weeks
      I've found that if I'm not too far into a depression, say weeks, the cycle can be broken if I find a serious diversion early on.

Had a good time at the summer fete, but was somewhat disappointed. Wasn't European at all, and neither music or food was particularly good. That's okay, I was away, and away from me.
      Oddly enough, the real me reappeared yesterday. I felt like the Juja of old, the one who was alive inside, who experienced life, who had something to talk about, and could converse intelligently. Yesterday was an affirming day. I was also reminded I can't tolerate 90 degree temps.:H

Took art in h.s, and art history class in college, that's it. Love and appreciate it very much, esp paintings. If I were rich, I'd collect paintings. I'm not talking Picasso here.:H

I did have a glass of French wine. One was enough for me. AB tonight.

Happy Anniversary, Mama.

Hello to all my dearies.
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Oh Juja....what a great day!! except for the 90 degree part!
        I love art and literature and films too.....
        we went to the beach for a lovely anniversary dinner and then walked on the beach to look for the supermoon...it was too cloudy, but it was lovely. I had forgotten how much I love the sound of the surf...
        coffee then house
        cleaning......yippee
        hugs and kisses
        do something nice for yourself today!!

Comment

Sun - so wonderful to see you!!! I think of you often. :l

Mama - Sounds like a wonderful anniversary day for you. :h

Juja - I'm so glad that you were able to feel yourself. :l Isn't it wonderful when we realize that we are really still there. I know that I get so lost sometimes that I don't feel the real me. I'm glad that you found yourself.

Well - I'm off to work for a couple of hours. I won't stay long. I have that horrible stiff neck again. AAARRRGGGHHH
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

hey guys,hope everyones sunday is going good,my daughter and the baby stayed over last nite cuz shes having probs with her man AGAIN,anways 3 month old babies are a toll on the nervous system haha,couldnt sleep in cuz he was crying and wide awake at 6 this morn,oh well he is a doll,im gonna watch him this afternoon cuz theyre driving to a nearby town to buy fireworks,hopefully he wont be too energetic,at least its a good reason not to drink hubs is supposed to help me watch him but of course he has his "relaxing"sunday beers,creep,anyways have a good rest of the day
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Very glad you had a good day Juja . Hang on to those feelings!

So...the gum where I had my tooth extracted last week is now infected (of course!) and very swollen and sore. I'm beginning to wonder what else can go wrong!
              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Oh Glass! I am so very sorry. :l:l Are you on antibiotics?

Pauly - I love babies but boy they can tire you out. :H We're going to have my great niece & nephew over soon. They 13 & 10 and they still tire me out. HA

I worked for a few hours today. Trying to make up for missing Monday. Can't afford to miss work. :upset: Anyway, going to chill now. Have some family drama going on now.
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

what's wrong Nora...text me if you want to talk
                  Glass...now you're gum is infected?? Jeez - poor baby
                  no babies in my life for now...thank heavens. My boys are 17 and 31 and I buy their condoms....sorry to offend, but Mama ain't stupid!
                  I have drama at work that I have not told ya'll about....I am on a mission to get someone fired...and I have to deal with it today...
                  so..more coffee......put on big girl bitch pants, and head out the door
                  We had a GREAT anniversary, btw

Comment

Nora - so sorry you have family issues. I hope it's nothing too serious. My heart is going out to you with everything you're going through. :h

Very glad you enjoyed your anniversary Mama - 22 years is a truly great achievement! :goodjob:
                    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Jeezy, peezy, Glass, you don't get a break, do you? I hope this is the last of the physical problems for awhile.

Mama, your anniversary celebration sounded so-o-o nice. Sorry about today, but you need help, not a hindrance, at work. Right? Let us know it goes

Nora, I'm thinking about you....:h

Uh, Mama, I guess you're going to have to come up here....:upset: I can't find my mojo!
                      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi guys,

Im still around. Just struggling with depression especially in the am.

My 22yo daughter moved back in and had a break up with her girlfriend. So my usually funny uplifting daughter is now as depressed and moping as I am. Aren't we a pair.

Had a couple drinks fri, but none since. YUCK! moods have been up and down especially down in the am's.

Not counting days this time. Just taking one day at a time.

Love to all,
                        JDG
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Are you on an AD and seeing a therapist? I forget. Please tell us you're doing something for the depression.... I promise you, this will pass. :l

Good job on the not drinking. It will only make the depression worse. Maybe it will lift the longer you're away from AL.

Can you two girls do something nice for yourselves today?

Comment

Juja

yes I am on AD, trying to be around uplifting people. And we have several errands to do today so I am hoping as the day moves along hopefully the sun will shine and we can get in the pool. But the ex is supposed to come and get some of her stuff today so pray for a good visit.

This can be good or bad.
                            JDG
                            Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

hey guys,glass an infection in the gums is scary keep us posted,jdg i feel your pain my 21 yr old with the baby breaks up with her man once a week it is hard to see your kid upset i know,mama glad you had a fun anniversary mine was the 6th we went to a mexican place they were so fast we were outta there in less than an hour,so much for a romantic meal haha,juja sending some mojo your way,nora stay strong we luv ya,hi to allswell,ft,k9 everyone else,hey i looked at that "supermoon" it just looked regular to me,i thought it woud be a little cooler looking nope,everybody have a good monday
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning peeps...
                                JDG...my depression was always horrific in the mornings and was much better as the evening came along....time to draw some from some inner strength and be there for your daughter...it will make you feel better and she needs you...fake it till you make it..right?
                                depression and alcoholism seem to be brothers or cousins or something....have you noticed they run hand in hand
                                Juja - I wish I could get there.....no vacay for now, but maybe something we could plan down the road?? In the meantime....feel my boot wiggling in your butt if need be
                                off to text Nora
                                love you lovies
                                very chilly at office today between me and crackhead. I told her I had requested permission to terminate and I doubted that it would be approved immediately, but that's where we are for now....
                                she's out there working her butt off and we are pretending everything is fine...it's weird
                                Yeah Pauly- the supermoon was no biggie here wither, but the ocean and the surf were tremendous

Comment

Working...
                                X