• Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - June 2013

I texted Nora and she is well....
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Just got back from podiatrist...he wrote me out of work for 10 weeks...yes TEN WEEKS OF NO WALKING!!! I wanted to cry. On the upside...workers comp is all set and my first check should be here on Wednesday. As long as I get paid I might as well enjoy the rest...right???!! I texted my boss to let her know and she didn't bother to respond (as usual)... What a biattcch! I'm glad to be away from her for a couple months...

Oh Mama...I hope your day goes ok...that must be AWKWARD!!!!

Well...off to do...nothing.

Everyone hang in there! :l
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Good for you Mama for opening up the communication channels and letting Crackhead know exactly where she stands. I don't know her of course but would be inclined to think, because I know people as you've described her to be, she will be an angel for a short period of time before the real Crackhead comes roaring back. Stick to your guns Mama!

I'm sorry to hear 10 weeks K9. For a broken foot? I'm glad at least to hear workers comp is processing the claim and getting you paid quickly. Here in Ohio it takes months or longer I'm told.

To everyone else I hope your day is great. Mine was, I put my head in the sand for a day and did some gardening and definitely didn't go near the office or cell phone. Take care everyone!
        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

I fired Crackhead today...not a good day, but I am sober.

Comment

Mama, it might not have been a good day today but it needed to be done. Your future at work will be healthier and happier without a black cloud (aka nut at work) hanging over your every work day. Today really is a good day to celebrate getting something problematic behind you!
            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

true AW..it needed to be done, but now I am dreading the shit ton of work I have created for myself....no worries.....I am Superwoman!

Comment

Hey Mama, you are Superwoman and you'll find an adequate replacement ! Work life is hard enough without drama from others.

Comment

thanks sweetie!!
                  This too shall pass!!

Comment

Hello friends.....I'll be back tomorrow. Thanks Mama for checking on me.
                    I'm trying to raise some funds from relatives. My cousin needs some family to come help him. I think if we all chip in, then we could pay for gas/air fare, etc.
                    Not having much response and my heart is heavy.

Catch you all in the morning. :h
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Mama, we don't fire people they do it to all for us themselves, we document and hold door open as they leave. Don't feel bad, we have to do our job when they don't do their jobs.
                      K9 speedy recovery, take care of that foot.
                      I am back in lovely Miami for the week, home again Friday...
                      Hope everyone has a good week.
                      FT
                      AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                      As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Well, the antibiotics are working and my gum pain is now down from a 9 to about a 4, which I can live with. I also have to syringe some foul tasting stuff into the tooth cavity a few times a day which is not so good!

JDG I?m so sorry about your daughter. It really hurts to watch our kids in pain! I hope the visit from the ex isn?t too bad and getting out and about will lift both your spirits a bit.

Mama ? I?m a bit perturbed about this talk of foot/butt wiggling! What sort of den of iniquity have I landed in here? :H Good on you though for getting rid of crackhead. She would have been nothing but trouble if you didn?t bite the bullet.

K9 did you discuss with the pod what sort of exercise you can do in the meantime? Is an exercise bike or hydrotherapy any good?

Allswell a day in the garden sounds like great therapy!

Nora I hope things work out for your cousin. Try not to take all the burden on yourself if you can help it, you can only do what you can do! :l
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

FY....I love your comments....thanks. And I love Miami, but I am afraid I would get in trouble there!
                          Glass - glad you gum and toofus is better, but it still sounds awful.
                          Oh Nora...you are so giving...I don't know what to say. If people wanted to come see him, would they not find a way?? Why do you have to break your heart trying to make it happen? I am not there and I do not know the situation, but I care about you and I don't want to see you hurt.
                          JDG - how is your baby?
                          Juja- you hanging in there girl? Morning Pauly .Kisses Niner
                          Up early......mind already running in work mode....coffee....then zoo!m

Comment

Up early, can't sleep for thinking....

Good job, Mama, on doing the professional thing.
                            FT, I liked that people fire themselves. So true.
                            Glass, glad your gum is healing.
                            K9, don't worry, you won't get fat! If you put on weight, you're still young enough to get it off. Enjoy the vacation while you can.
                            JDG, oh the stress and heartache of the ex coming by!:upset: Hope it went well.
                            allswell, we're the same. Turn off the phone and computer, and go outside. Technology is great, but sometimes it's a ball and chain. I have to reconnect with the natural, quiet world quite frequently.
                            pauly, hang in there with your family stuff. You're a tough cookie.
                            Nora, can we do anything?

Love to all my peeps.
                            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Oh! Oh!

New cleaning lady interviewed me yesterday. She wants to work for us. Yay! Another reason I work part-time even though I'm retired-- so I can pay people to do the things I don't want to do. She chose us over another couple with 6 old dogs.:H

Also asked a retired fellow to weed eat our bank. Tired of looking at it, and hubs can't or won't get around to it.

I do get things done, one way or another.
                              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Congratulations on your success in the cleanee selection process Juja!
                                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Working...
                                X