One Step at a Time - June 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually K9, I think I am an easy person to work for. Maybe too easy. But there are times I have to say tough things...and I don't enjoy it. She's fine now, btw
    I'll go look for criminals for you...a few prolly live here
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama - it sounds like you did the right thing having that conversation. If you don't set the ground rules early on it's almost impossible to change them later. I'm having an issue with one of the people that report to me too, and it's driving me crazy. Seriously, I'm convinced this guy has marshmallows where his brain should be and he can't do ANYTHING without asking for my advice. Unfortunately I didn't employ him, and I can't sack him! :upset:

K9 - have you tried employing all the same strategies with smoking as you did with drinking? Do you know whether it's mainly physical or psychological?

Talking of marshmallows for brains - I think I have them today too. I still have the sore throat but now I have asthma as well and a very woolly head. Luckily I'm working from home today and then we have a long weekend so I don't have to be in the office for a few days.
      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

happy friday everyone,glass,you sound like youre feeling better have a fun weekend everybody its a hot one in vegas 108 for the high today,but i love it!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

108???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would die
          I used to work from home Glass and I miss it. My assistant on crack is 15 feet away from me in my office! I hope you start feeling better soon
          I need to be home getting ready to be gone for a week, but I guess that will have to wait till tomorrow
          let me see if I can post the link of where I will be
          Round Knob Lodge

Comment

mama im officially jealous! looks so peaceful and cozy,you enjoy yourself girl

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mama - What day should I meet you there? I'll start packing tonight.

GHE - I don't know WHY smoking is so much harder to beat than drinking! It's mostly psychological...I am not even addicted to nicotine, I know this for a fact because I can literally just stop and not feel any physical withdrawals...it's ALL mental. I can do days/weeks/months...then BAM. I currently have one cigarette left, and now the delimma starts all over, do I buy ONE more pack, or do I just stop now? I wish I could erase the part of my brain that thinks about smoking.

Pauly - I would LOVE 108 degree weather! I stay in the sauna for one hour everyday...the temp in there is 180...yes, ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY!!!

I hope Crackhead chills out for you today Mama! LOL
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Ok...in the 10 minutes since my last post, I have decided NOT to buy any more cigs today...I always quit drinking on a Friday so I might as well quit smoking on a Friday too! I figure that way I can get the first few days AND weekend over at the same time. I had such a good time at church last night, it really is a huge, loving family...I'm not going to jeopardize my good standing over stupid cancer sticks that are killing me anyway! Tomorrow we have a wedding to go to and it's going to be so much fun. I am going to make about 20 lbs. of roasted red potatoes. Yes, we do it potluck style...the food will be amazing. Guess I'll get back on my health routine on Sunday (or Monday. lol) Ok, I'll stop rambling for now.

Comment

WHAT?????? YOU ARE COOKING??????????????????? Is there a lunar AND solar eclipse today??
                  I wish I could remember my ranch potato recipe...bacon, cheese, ranch dressing, red potatoes...YUM
                  Crackhead is fairly quiet (for her) today. She just left to join a gym so she can work out at night and burn energy, bless her heart. She told me she has heard "CHILL OUT" all her life, so I don't feel like such a meanie.
                  Pauly- I am downloading about 5 books onto my Nook for my trip. We are going ziplining and white water rafting too! I am missing a huge work conference and I was bummed at first, but now I just want to disappear for a while. One week will not be enough, but I'll take it.
                  Niner...how is Sierra's friend doing??
                  Hi to everyone I may have missed...Nora - your butt better show up here soon. ok?? xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Comment

Finally home... Yess.
                    K9 quitting smoking was not easy but right now I honestly feel it has been easier than quitting drinking.
                    I loved to smoke but at 56 I realize that I was literally killing myself, plus a pack around 8 bucks I just didn't see it being affordable.
                    I decided just to quit one day and decided to treat it like the booze, take it one day at a time and so far so good. The desire to smoke is probably way down today but that uncle AL is still a handful.
                    So all I can tell you is I wish you all the best as I know you can do it.
                    FT
                    AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                    As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Does making roasted potatoes count as cooking? If so, then YES...I'm cookin! I will try not to drop them on the floor...and if I do I'm not telling anybody. LOL

Ok, went home at lunch, threw out my last ONE cigarette, my lighter, my empty packs and my ashtray (a gross Gatorade bottle filled with water and cigarette butts). I'm done, I'm taking this personal this time, me vs. cigs...and I WILL win!

(You guys please remind me of this on Monday when I am thinking that "one" won't hurt!)

Thanks FT!!! I was posting as the same time as you...

Comment

Hey K9,

Quitting the smokes was one very difficult task but definitely gave me the experience to quit drinking. With cigs I would quit for a while then decide "just one" then be back in the cycle and I did it over and over and over again. Once I got rid of that problem and addressed my drinking it was the same pattern.

Someone recommended to me taking a puff and blowing it through a white cloth and seeing what toxic garbage remains with every single toke off a cig. It totally disgusted me enough to get serious. Especially after my mother died of lung cancer which is a completely horrible, self inflicted way to go.

There is absolutely nothing good that comes from a cigarette except some profit from some corporation that doesn't care about any of us.
                        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

i was just thinking,if they raised the price of a pack of smokes to like 15 or 20 bux,itd be waaaay easy to quit

Comment

Hello my family -

I wish that I could tell each & everyone one of you how much you mean to me. :h

Today was the memorial for my Uncle. So, it was a closure but also a hurting, sad time. We didn't have a memorial for my Dad. But, now we've had one for his sister & his brother. Dad never wanted one but it was intertwined with his brother & sister.

My cousin that is in the hospital is not doing well. I think he was moved to ICU. But, his partner is passing on our words & prayers.

I really, really love you all. I know you all are going thru so much. I think of you and want to offer encouragement. Today was just so long & hard. I'll be back tomorrow - all perky & full of wisdom. :H

Love & hugs......
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Pauly ? I am feeling a bit more hopeful than I was a few days ago

Mama ? that place looks heavenly. I?d give anything to go somewhere peaceful for a week and just chill. I hope you have a lovely time. Will you be able to check in or are you out of internet range?

K9 well done on throwing out the cigarette. I know how hard it is but you?re an incredibly strong person and you can beat this. FT - well done on quitting the cigs to you too. FT and Pauly ? a packet of cigarettes here costs anywhere between $15 - $19, I couldn?t believe it when you said they were only $8 a packet there! But you still see people buying a carton at the checkout; I have no idea how they can afford it!

Nora ? hugs to you sweetie. I?m so glad you?re checking here during these painful times. :h

My throat is better today but I still have a stuffy nose and asthma. I?ve upped the Zoloft and apart from being a bit spacey, it seems to be starting to give me some ?ahem?delicate problems in the toilet area. I'll persevere for a bit though and see how I go.
                              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Good morning,
                                To be back home and sleep in my bed again, AWESOME.
                                Now chillin and having coffee and reading my weeks worth of junk mail.
                                Hope everyone has a great day, and K9 how goes the smoke out?
                                FT
                                AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                                As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Working...
                                X