One Step at a Time - June 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for your warm thoughts and wishes to my situation.

Taking a hot bath and then early to bed praying for a better day tomorrow.

Jdg
    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Sorry to hear things are rough JDG ? I?m sending you lots of hugs and prayers. :l:l

K9 ? well done on the cigs! :goodjob:

Hello to everyone else.:h
      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

JDG - I hope that you get a good rest & feel better!!

Glass - how are you feeling?

Allswell - how are YOU doing? Are things settling down for you?

I hope that Mama is having a wonderful time. And K9 - how did it go today with no ciggies?

All points bulletin for Juja!!

I've been up since 4:00 am. It's only 5:30 but I'm fading fast. I had planned on fixing myself a good dinner but......:H Bed sounds so much better right now.

Feel better all!! HUGS & HUGS & HUGS to everyone. :l:l
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Nora - I'm feeling really rough. Hanging in there though.
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Evening gang.
            Just can't say it enough but I love the support that is given here, you guys rock.
            K9 passed 3 days not smoking and now you have passed the most difficult time, they say first 3 days are the worst so you are doing great.
            I am having one of those blue's days as I found out my lovely current employer is looking at 10% layoffs this week and of course it's the worst kept secret around but no one knows who and who not, this of course creates a loving working atmosphere to be in. Still hoping for that other company to call and at least give me that interview but my close friends there say so far nothing has happened.
            Well time to be prepared and not let this get me any further down and definitely not going to allow these circumstances to allow me to invite uncle AL and his cousin Nick thru my door... not going to do it.
            Thanks for all the support....
            FT
            AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
            As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

JD :l. I am so sorry you have to endure that. Hopefully he'll wise up soon- snide is not helpful... Stay tucked in tonight. :h

Glass- I'm not certain what's going on but I'm struggling too. Taking everything slowly and lots of lemon water

K9! You are a pillar! I'm grateful I did those first..any chance of another little munchkin? Worked wonders for me.

Mama I just figured out you were leaving! I'm soooo happy for you! And so jealous ...

Hi Nora - haven't talked in a while. I love your thread. I love all your threads!

Night all, :h
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Kradle123;1518285 wrote: K9! You are a pillar! I'm grateful I did those first..any chance of another little munchkin? Worked wonders for me.
                I spewed my coffee out when I read this! Let's see, how do I answer this, oh yeah: HELL TO THE NO! :H:H Whenever I hear a baby crying in the lobby, I can literally feel my ovaries shriveling. Sorry for too much info fellas! I love my girl...but one is it for me...now on the other hand, I will take 100 dogs! hehe

FT - I feel your pain. Don't you just love those "secrets" at the workplace that everyone talks about all hush-hush? Everyone knows what's happening, but nobody will say it out loud. I have my fingers crossed for you to get that interview! Uncle Al and Cousin Nick aren't invited to my house anymore either!

Nora - Did you get some sleep last night? I hope so :h

Mama is probably tangled up in a zip line right this moment. I hope she remembered to put on panties this time! LOL
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1518456 wrote:
                  Mama is probably tangled up in a zip line right this moment. I hope she remembered to put on panties this time! LOL
                  Talk about spewing coffee!!! Diet Coke just went flying. :H:H:H:H
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

hahaha!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

LOL - you guys are hilarious.
                      FT
                      AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                      As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Hey everyone......

FT - been thinking about you all day. Hang in there. Stupid jobs.

Kradle - :h to you. :l

Wondering where everyone is. I'm getting worried. Juja & JDG & Dottie & Pauly, etc. Check in please.

Found out that my son has food poisoning? He's still in the Philippines. So, I?m very worried about him. One of his friends is also sick. They are supposed to be home on Friday. I hope that they are well enough to fly.
                        Hubby is up North with his Dad. My dog is acting a little weird. She is sort of panting. I think she has been constipated. She ate fine, has had lots of water. But, something is not right. I?m going to try to get her into the vet first thing in the morning.
                        Well ? I am going to try to sleep. Could hardly sleep last night. Some kind of party in the neighborhood.

Take care everyone. Please check in. :h
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello Nors, I am home today sick so just surfing the mwo threads. You do seem to be having a bit of a rough time at the moment.Hope things improve soon. On the food poisoning bit, I have had it 3 times now.Fiji and Egypt and once in OZ. It was horrible but did pass after a day or so of feeling a bit unwell. Can he get some med help?

Comment

Thanks Hadit!! I have texted him to try to find out. Poor you for having food poisoning. I am waiting to hear back from him.
                            I hope that you feel better!! Do you have a cold?? Get some rest. :h:h
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

happy wednesday everybody,ugh my sleep is still such a mess i dont know what to do,i just try and put a positive spin on it and remember it was no better when i drank anyways,at least im not peeing 40 times a nite! they say to avoid caffiene when you have sleep probs,well how the hell do i get through the day? eh,itll work out eventually,i hope,you guys have a great day
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning guys,

Nora
                                sorry for making you worry. Things are much better on my end just been busy keeping busy and away from AL.

Also getting ready for my hearing tomorrow with the state board of nursing regarding my liscense. They have really given me a raw deal. Yea im an alky but never got in trouble at work, or with the law, or had a pos drug screen. Voluntarily reported my problem got help and now this. UGH!

All this just for telling the truth. Not to toot my own horn but I am one of the most compassionate and caring nurses out there. Im not there just for the pay I really care.

Pauly feel better soon.

Hi hadit.

Off to town with good sober friends.
                                JDG
                                Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Working...
                                X