One Step at a Time - June 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm here. Sorry I haven't posted, but it's been a helluva week, or 2. I don't even remember.

Siblings home on Wednesday (?), father to dr., assisted living recommended, places checked out--no go. We're at our wit's end.

He broke down when he saw my brother, held his hand throughout dr's visited, ignored us girls except to order us around. My YS's dinner gave him indigestion the other night. I caught evil hell for putting sheets in the laundry (I washed and dried them). Would barely speak to me.

My brother told him I had too much stress on me taking care of him, Mom and our aunt. He dismissed that, and said, "Oh, she's got that job." Apparently, I'm to be at his beck and call. My job's my sanity. My previous hospitalizations for depression and anxiety are long forgotten, if even important.

Yes, I've been drinking, but plan to clean up my act beginning tonight. I have to take care of me.

This situation is calling for tough love. Remind me of that, please. I'll no longer get his mail, take him to appts., etc. He'll have to make arrangements, even though he has no friends. None. Brother is taking him info for people he can call to help elderly.

I don't know what else to do.

Oh, he bought himself a $6,000-$7,000, 4 foot tall monument, bronze and marble. The man's in love with himself.
    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

I am back and exhausted. I have spent all day doing laundry and trying to tidy, despite spraining my ankle when loading the car yesterday.
      Juja - I am glad your family is finally stepping up despite your father hurting you.
      I will type more details of my trip tomorrow.
      We had a blast, but I had cooked for 15 people 3x a day and it wore me out.
      And yes, I drank wine or beer with dinner, but there was no drama.
      K9 - did you really break your foot??
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

ps.....I am not going to use the vacation excuse for drinking anymore.
        I did well, but but I am stopping again

Comment

Good afternoon peeps,
          Well the 5 o'clock witching hour has come and passed and no phone call or e-mail so it must mean I still have a job. The drama still stinks and to have this kind of crap overhanging its employees is not productive to anyone.
          So I am not going to care and go to dinner with my wonderful son.
          Later and hope all have a great Friday evening.
          FT
          AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
          As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

FT - glad you still have a job but how stressful!!! You enjoy your time with your son.

Juja - I have been thinking about you so much!!!! :h I am so sorry for what has been going on but good for you for taking care of yourself!!:l

Mama - welcome home. Sounds exhausting!!!!

Well - I will be picking up my son from the airport in about 2 hours. I'll be he will have some stories for me. (Plus some that he won't share with mom. :H)
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Quiet evening here; I'm already in bed.

I think I'm experiencing a bit post-traumatic stress from the past 10 days. If I can get some good rest, I'll be fine. No AL. Period.

Mama, your vacation doesn't sound like a vacation to me. Cooking for 15 people 3X a day? That's not a vacation.

Nora, you won't hear all your son's stories, I'm sure. No.way.:H

FT, you sound good. Happy Father's Day!

Hello to allswell, Glass, pauly, and all others.
              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi everyone

Juja - sending you lots of these sweetie: :l :l :l It always hurts when our parents treat us unfairly. No matter how much sense our head makes, our heart still feels the pain. For once you need to put yourself first and be gentle to yourself for a while. :h

Mama all that cooking when it was supposed to be a vacation? You're a saint as well!! :angel:

Nora - I hope your son is home safe and well.

Pauly, hope you're still hanging in there!

I went to an art exhibition opening last night, and I'm exhausted today. It's the first time I've been out in the evening for months, and even though I got home at about 9:30 I think it was too much with the way I've been feeling. I'm too old for this lark any more - 52 tomorrow!
                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Good morning,
                  Great evening with my son last night, great to spend Father's Day weekend with your son.
                  Allowed me to escape the reality of last week with all the KAOS at work and the temptation to trip up was right there, very close but I did not allow uncle AL or his friend Nick to come in.
                  K9 sorry to hear about you foot, speedy recovery.
                  Mama - you did all that cooking and "you" were also on vacation? I am impressed.
                  Everybody else glad to see we are all hanging in there, what great support we have here.
                  Today I think car show down town Disney...
                  Coffee time,
                  FT
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

I am here. I having been feeling puny all weekend..stomach issues.
                    I have been thinking alot about AL too, and I cannot help but wonder if allowing myself to drink last week has not made me feel bad. I have felt guilty about it too. But life goes on, and so shall I. Like I said, there were no issues, but I cannot help but think my tummy is not happy after being clean for so long??
                    It wasn't just me cooking. All of us did. But it was alot of work.
                    Off for more Pepto and see if I can get some soup down.
                    Nora - glad your pup is home!
                    Glad you did not get a call FT, and good job avoiding the temptation of AL. It's just not worth it.
                    Back to work tomorrow. Ugh!

Comment

oof! im sorry i just need to vent,im so dumb i had 22 days sober today i chose to drink,i tried halt all the distractions i just could not stop,my period started on thurs,ever since that day the thoughts have been festering like a big huge boli ready to pop at any minute! maybe im going through menopause at 39,i dont know but shit this happens every time,and did my beers make me feel better? NO,its 4 pm and i just feel like going to bed,jeez im a trainwreck!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

*boil
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sorry Pauly,
                          Maybe next time you get the craving you can think about how you feel right now. Tomorrow will be better. Hang in there my friend.

Tomorrow I have to go back to the doctor at 8am so I can get more time off work. They are out of their minds if they think that all I get off is 3 days for a broken foot!! Try a FEW WEEKS!! I am so mad that this happened...I was in the middle of all kinds of things. Damn.

Hope you feel better Mama! I wouldn't mind going to work tomorrow IF I could you know...walk! Lol
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your slip Pauly. I remember pre-menopause that I used to get terrible cravings just before my period. Not sure what my excuse is these days!

Mama I hope your tummy feels better soon.

Juja - thank you so much for my birthday thread. :thanks:

K9 try not to rush things, the last thing you need is another fall. And tell those awful people at work that you need heaps of time to recover.
                            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Aw, pauly, I'm sorry. Crap. Tomorrow's another day. 22 days is something, kiddo!

K9, only 3 days for a broken foot? Good grief? Aren't you still having pain? Hope the doctor gives you the time you need.

Mama, there's a tummy/intestinal thing going round here. Strange for this time of year. And, I don't care if other people helped to cook, that ain't no damn vacation!:H

FT, how the heck do/did you beat AL and Nick at the same time? You amaze me.

Everyone, I still haven't gotten back on the wagon, but I'm nowhere near a gutter. I just need some space so I can get myself back on track.

Sleep tight!

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1520443 wrote:
                                Juja - thank you so much for my birthday thread. :thanks:.
                                You're welcome, birthday girl. Was it a good one? Do anything interesting?

Comment

Working...
                                X