• Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - June 2013

hopefully one step at a time will keep me going for june
    thanks everyone

Comment

I'm sorry you didn't get that job, K9. Truly, I am. But something else will come along; I'm sure of it. I am a true believer "if it's meant to be" and I think you are too. Mama, I have to tell you about my fella's dad (who is a doctor himself) who was diagnosed with Parkinson's I can't even tell you how many years ago.. Well, about 3 years ago, he fell out of bed and broke his neck.. I forget the why and how of it all, but bottom line, they took him off his Parkinson's medication... and since then, he has turned into a new .. or rather the old.. person that we once knew! It seems that the Parkinson's meds had turned him into the zombie that he'd been. OFF those meds, he's the guy we all once knew! You might want to check Pop's meds.....

Comment

Caper....that's SO good to know. I'll tell Nana.
        K9 I am still mad on your behalf. I have seen my hubs get ready for interviews, study on line and prep himself, only to lose out to an internal candidate that doesn't have his education or experience.
        Welcome to our little family Witt. Tell us about yourself and we will be here for you ok?
        Clay and hubs visited the new school today and were VERY impressed. They have seen Clay's films and treated him wonderfully. We'll see. A mother from our current school called last night and tried to make me feel like we were bailing on the entire team. I told her I appreciated her concern, but I was looking out for my son's future.
        Steak and baked potatoes tonight. YUM....sorry Nora, I know you don't eat meat. :-)
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Oh, and Pop went to the doctor. His face his fine, but they did a cat scan on his neck. He hurt it when he fell a few weeks ago.

Comment

Sorry K9, upward and onward as they say - that's all we can do.

I agree with FT that we don't always know the positive impact we have here and maintaining this thread is very helpful to all of us. I also completely agree with Juja that it's so very uninteresting when people do NOT talk about what goes on in their lives. Feel free to talk all you want about what's going on in your life Nora!

I also second what Sun said, the outdoors are calling me. I've planted some nanking cherries, some blueberries, and have a few other trees from last fall that are doing incredible right now. A little water and a little love goes a long way!
            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hi Allswell.
              We have blueberries, pears, grapes and blackberries at the lake house.

Comment

So sorry...HI PAULY!!

Comment

I have 2 raspberry bushes just chock full!! Can I come too?

K9 I'm sorry about that job...I have to tell you this though....one of my best friends was in a very similar position...trying to interview for positions within the system..she actually had to interview for her very own job as they were thinking of eliminating it!! How stupid is that? :shocked: well government stupid that's how stupid!

Eventually she landed a wonderful position but I'm telling you we had some huge laughs at the buracratic idiocy she had to endure! My favorite was when they asked her to train the fricken woman they hired for some position instead of her and this poor woman ended up compltely lost and just quit. So mod you think these geniuses hired my friend?? Nosiree bub! They interviewed again!!!!!!! By that time my girl friend was just 'outta there' ....

I know by law jobs must be posted externally no matter who is qualified internally but really!!

:l
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Just in case you're confused, I posted this on May's thread from my phone this evening:

"At the hospital with my father. Fluid now in lungs. Will know more tomorrow.
                    Talk later."

I'm home now, with no more info. He's elderly, with congestive heart failure. What will be will be. YS staying for hospital admission tonight, and I'll be at the hospital tomorrow morning.

K-9, I'm so sorry you didn't get the job. Damn.:upset:
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Juja, Sweetie. :l is the rest of your family around you? :h
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

This place is moving too fast for me to keep up!

Juja – sending you big hugs sweetie – I hope your Dad will be OK. :h

Mama – I hope your poor Pop is OK too! :h

Hello Witts End – nice to see you! :welcome:

K9 – that really sucks about the job. Such a waste of your time and energy when it sounds like they knew who they wanted to give it to all along. I hope you’re not too down about it. I work for the Govt too, and it’s just the same here. I had to apply for my own job last year too because we were downsizing.

I’m still feeling really sick from the Zoloft. I started on Saturday (Tues night here now) and was supposed to take half a dose for 3 days and then increase to a full tablet (50mg), but I’m sticking with the half dose for a bit longer to see if it settles down.

Hi to Kradle, allswell, caper, Flyaway , Pauly and Sunbeam and huge congrats to FT for your milestone.
                        :l
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

:yukko::yukko::yukko:

Ergh - I feel so sick. Not sure how much more of this I can take.
                          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glass....talk to your doc today if you can
                            Juja...hugs sweetie
                            Keep us posted
                            Nora?? Where are you?
                            off to shower and then work....joy, joy :-)

Comment

Kradle123;1515164 wrote: Juja, Sweetie. :l is the rest of your family around you? :h
                              No, my dear Kradle. I believe you've mentioned "dysfunction" in the past? It's rife in my family. OS is not speaking to my father, and my brother doesn't say much. Those two live out-of-state. YS, who is here, is good in an emergency, but will bail once there's no drama. I'm trying to stay calm as I realize I may be starting the nursing home circuit again, filling out paperwork, managing prescriptions, etc.

Glass, call your doctor. Maybe it's time to try a different AD.

Hi, all.

Talk later.
                              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

hi everyone,k9 that sux about the job i know you were pretty excited about it,ugh my sleep is a piece of shit! i was doing melatonin then switched to 5 htp,either way im only getting 5 or 6 hrs,i go to bed early cuz im tired and wake up too early! im frustrated by it,hopefully itll work itself out,glass is the zoloft just making you nauseated or something else?when i was on it i had non stop diarreah the whole time,my co-workers teased me for my bathroom breaks,not fun,juja hang tough,it sounds like a sad situation,hello mama,ft,allswell,kradle im missing people sorry need more coffee to wake up,have a great day everyone
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X