Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - June 2013

Morning all,

We are doing ok. Today is my day 2 Again! Yesterday was not so bad, but still having some anxiety and shaky today. got my first DUI on Tuesday. one of the scariest and most horrifying experience in my life.

Need some good vibes today. I have got to kick this just so scared and nervous still today. I am over 36 hours since my last drink. Please tell me the worst is over.

JDG
    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

OH SHIT JDG...that's what scared me straight.....what is going to happen?? I have spent over 5K, lost license for 6 mos, probabtion, night in jail.....are you ok??

the worst IS over if you don't pick up a drink
      did you hurt yourself or anyone else??
      gosh................I hate this for you
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Thanks mama,

no one was hurt. I am ok after being scared straight. Don't know any other details at this time over 1000 in fines, no job, court on July 12th.

Good to know the worst of WD are over.

Thanks so much,
        JDG

Comment

JDG - thinking of you. :l:l:l:l Hang in there.......

I'll be back tonight but just had to let you know that you are in my thoughts.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

JDG-
            I got TWO DUIs and went to jail multiple times. It didn't scare me straight. I just switched to only drinking at home. Then again, I am an idiot and don't learn things well. I really hope this is your wake up call...please do not go through EVERYTHING that I did! Sending you love and strength! :l

Yes Mama...10 weeks IF I don't need surgery...if it doesn't heal it will be longer :upset: it's called a Jones Fracture and they are notorious for not healing well...
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

quick check in
              I am gonna have a nervous breakdown if I don't get some help soon

Comment

Hey JDG,

I think the worst is over after three days but for me the anxiety continued for a few more days and the sleepless nights seemed to continue for awhile longer. Sorry to hear about the recent events, keep focused on the place that you never want to return to - ever.
                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

oh jdg,im so sorry this happened,what a mess,i think of the many times ive driven drunk and cringe,at least you or nobody else was hurt so thats a positive,plus it gives you some incentive to get sober,another plus,be strong,everbody else hope youre having a good day,take care
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

ditto what everyone else said JDG...your state must have softer DUI laws than FLA, so be thankful for that and try to move forward.
                    I am home and eating homemade chili
                    pooped!
                    But I kicked ass at work today...just exhausting to be alone

Comment

Hello folks......

K9 - my poor sweetie (who has a daughter who is as gorgeous as you are). Take it easy and TTDP.

Mama - I know it's hard but it's better than sticking with psycho.

JDG - my son had a DUI in California. If you need info, I'll help as much as I can. His was bad because of the high alcohol

Pauly - are you doing ok?

Allswell - It sounds like you are back on track. I'm so happy for you. Are things going ok for you?

Glass - how's the mouth? How are you??

Ok - hubby is driving me up the wall. From the second I got home today. He is making me crazy. He doesn't like our neighbor. I agree she is pushy, loud, etc. But, she also has done lots for us. So, I get out of the car and she is offering us their window air conditioner to borrow. Ok - the temps are in the 90's plus. She is trying to be nice. She yelled over the back yard fence to Scott (who was in the garage) before I got home to ask if he wanted to borrow it. I walk into the house to a very irritable husband. I mean IRRITABLE. How dare she yell over the fence to him....he can't stand her....blah, blah, blah. She just called on the phone to ask a completely separate question, and he comes in the bedroom....I'm not answering that. It's Sophia. Blah, Blah, Blah. She was just asking if we had changed internet companies yet.

I swear that dealing with his mood his half my problem. He is making me crazy. And, until I learn how to stand up for myself, I am going to be stuck here. Everytime that I do stand up for what I think. Or defend my neighbor or whoever is ranting about, it turns into an issue.

He told me that he was 'telling' Casey about it when Caesy got home. Casey told him that is his hang up. So Scott was mad. I agree with Casey but didn't bother to say that. Why get into it. I just curl up & drink.

Ok - I'm sorry this turned into a pity party. Tomorrow will be all better.....

Love you all.....thank you for the prayers & good thoughts and all the support.
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Mama - I hope you're ok and coping with the work pressure.

It?s hard to explain what my son does, because it?s one of those Gen Y things. You know how we?re always being told that our kids will be doing jobs that weren?t even invented when they were born? Well, he?s doing one of them! Basically I guess he?s a political consultant/campaign manager. He managed a few election campaigns (in Aust and overseas) and was leading a campaign in Pakistan to have education put on the agenda for their recent election. Now he?s a campaigner for change.org so he?ll be looking at all the petitions that they receive and using strategies to raise the profile of ones that they want to prioritise. My other son is the one who?s just come home from London and is back at uni studying engineering. I?m so proud of them both. :h

JDG ? I really hope you start feeling better soon. Just remember you NEVER have to feel that bad again. Your new life has already started!

Nora ? I?m so sorry you have so much stress at the moment. Wish I could help!! My mouth is feeling a lot better now thanks, but the gum is still a bit inflamed. Still have the asthma too, but I'm not at death's door any more!
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Morning peeps,

Just checking in to let everyone know I am doing much better. Shakes and sweats are gone. Looking at life one day at a time hubs is finally back on board, but honestly not concerned about him right now.

I have to concentrate on me and healing right now.

Thanks to everyone here for your well wishes and positive thoughts.

Love to all,
                          JDG

Comment

woo-hoo its friday! my day off,one of the busiest days at the shop but i dont care,sitting here wondering if i should take on the task of cleaning my closet?uh maybe a little at a time haha,everytime i go in there to get clothes i get anxiety,its that messy! anyways nora,im doing fine thank you for asking,this quit may be"the one" i wish i could say im full of energy and have a clear head but im still groggy and foggy if you know what i mean but it still beats a fricken hangover anyday,i hope everyone is doing good and our day runs smoothill be back later,take care everbody

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

oh,forgot to add,glass you must be superproud of your sons very successful men thats awesome! btw where is miss juja?i havent seen her in a couple of days

Comment

hi everyone
                                have not read back, just checking in
                                hugs to all!!

Comment

Working...
                                X