Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - June 2013

Hey Nora,

Sorry you have to deal with even more stress, home life needs to be calm and without friction.

I'm doing okay, thanks for asking. We're all in different stages of recovery or whatever you want to call it and I'm focusing on my future which keeps me sane, if I had to deal with work issues and other current things going on in my life without knowing the future is going to be substantially better I would really be lost. When I refer to future I mean retirement because my business owns my life and I can't wait to sell and get out. I've found so many more important things to do with my time than deal with clients and government BS.

Sorry, enough about me - hope everyone is having a great Friday and a wonderful weekend doing nothing but fun stuff!
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Glass and JDG, I am glad you are both feeling better. Hang in the JGD...it gets easier.
      I am SO glad this week is over. We will be heading to the lake tomorrow and do lots of work, but at least I will be outside and not answering phones.
      Nora - can you talk to Scott?? Remember what I say to Bret...Honey, can you put a bigger bow on that package?? Meaning - please say what you just said in a nicer way. He can be a prick, but I have learned how to manage and ignore him. Maybe if you can find a way to tell him how much he wears you out, he will listen.
      I am zoning out on Netflix and enjoying a quiet evening while hubs is out with the guys. It's my Friday routine.
      Allswell - I feel you. But I am afraid I will be working till I am 80!
      hope the paw is on the mend K9...and where is Juja?
      kisses nite nite to all
      I love my friends here.
      I haven't seen FT either???
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey everyone.....

Quick check in. I'll be back tomorrow. Hubby & I are watching TV together so can't get on here. Need to be interested in TV. :goodjob::H

I just read a great quote that I wanted to share.....

?The wishbone will never replace the backbone.?

- Will Henry

I think that quote about sums up me. So, time to get it together.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi,
          Have been busy doing this work thing but back home now after driving from Miami and half of that was in rain, so my eyes are wore out... Going night nigh.
          All is A okey, thanks for wondering about me.
          FT
          AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
          As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Nora
            that's kind of like...time to put on your big girl panties
            not quite as eloquent....
            I assume you are not taking the AB right now? No judgement...just asking
            THERE's FT!! Welcome home sweetie..
            Hubs is up and bellowing to get moving....so I am headed to the lake. I just want to drag at least one peaceful morning to noon or so, so wish me luck.
            Prolly see you all Sunday night....I am in the woods at the lake house.....Duck Dynasty prolly lives across the dirt road!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Time to check in....

Not doing so well on the AL front. Sorry. I don't know what's happened to me. Day on, day off, 4 days on, 2 off, etc.

All I can say is that I can't focus on me right now, but I'm not giving up.

I hope everyone's lives soon become sane and peaceful, and that we all stay healthy.

Thank you all for asking about me.:h
              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hello all,

Today is better and I know each day will get better.

Juja I am sorry that you are struggling. I also had a setback and ended up getting my first and ONLY DUI. It was awful.

We can do this togeather, be kind to yourself, make a plan and stick to it. Please try to focus on you, right now you are all that matters. If you are not sober you can not help anyone else.

Prayers for strength for you my friend,
                JDG
                Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

WOW, got home and have 10 days off when the phone rings and its a contract company offering me a 7 day gig in Germany.... all exp paid and good $$ per day for me.

I thought about it for all of 3 1/2 seconds and I am off to Germany tomorrow until Sat, more to build on in case my current decides to cut some more.

Hope everyone has a great day and thanks mama, its always good that someone is on the look out for me.
                  FT
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

JDG, Thank you for your loving words. I'm sorry for your setback. Do you think this will be the final straw? Where are going from here? :l

FT, Good on the Germany offer. You are an inspiration, on the AL and cig front. I'm still amazed.

allswell, Hang in there re your future. That's all you can do. Eyes on that retirement prize.

Sober evening here. Tomorrow will be a good day.
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hello everyone..

FT - so happy for you. Have a wonderful working vacation.

I am not doing well. Guess I might as well admit it out loud. I seriously don't know why I can't get it together. Hubby is mad at me. So now I'm just sneaking it.
                      My cousin is having another surgery on Monday. My son's very good friend has fallen off a 2nd floor balconey. Brain bleeding......we're trying to find out more.
                      I will be honest - I am tired of getting a 'f...ng' lecture from my husband every time I say something. He told our dog to MOVE and I said say please. Not even serious. I had to put up with a 5 minute lecture on how he has a relationship with the animals. They don't understand politeness. That they have to get out of his way. Or he will trip over them.
                      Son & I talked about it today. He has noticed it too. My husband is turning into his dad. We have been married for 35 years and I'm about ready to say ENOUGH.

Ok - sorry. Thanks for letitng me vent. I will be sober. And, if he doesn't get his act together, then I will know it is all him. Not because of me.

Love you all. Better mood tomorrow. :h
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi and Happy Sunday OSATs

Nora ? try not to be too hard on yourself sweetie, you have so much going on no wonder you?re finding it difficult. I don?t know what to say about your hubby, sorry. I ended my marriage 20 years ago last Wednesday, so I can?t give any advice but I?m happy to lend an ear if you need to vent.

Juja & JDG, I hope you?re both ok and remembering to take it One Step at a Time!!!

Mama I hope you?re having a good time at the lake and not doing too much cooking!!

Congrats on getting the extra work FT ? apart from the $$ it?s good to know you have contacts who are keeping you in mind.

Pauly ? did you end up getting a start on your closet?

Stay sane everyone!
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hey Nora,

I'm so sorry to hear of all of the friction and turmoil going on in your life. I can't offer any advice on marriage issues either since I've never been married but been through some real shitty relationships so I can definitely empathize regarding putting up with a difficult person. And always willing to listen when you want to vent.

I can only speak for myself when I say this but no important, life changing decision was ever properly made when not completely sober. You have an investment of more than 30 years, if it's time to part ways and sever ties let a clear head make the hard decision so there will be no regret or indecision later. Thinking of you today Nora.
                          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Thank you so much friends. I am so sorry that I have been so negative and unhappy lately. Today is a new day. I am getting my bearings. Hubby was his wonderful self today. It is time for me to look for the happy & good again. I have been caught up in such sadness & grief. Life is short. I am working on making my way again.....I'm struggling but I have changed my outlook.

I really had lost my way for a few months. I couldn't see the joy in life....so I had given up. But, I am ready to get back to it.

Thank you all for being here and giving me the support & strength I need.

I'm waiting for my kiddos to get here (13 year old niece, her 13 year old friend and my 10 year old nephew). Going to be a fun week.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Allswell - You are absolutely right. No decisions should be made unless a person is 100% sober. I do love my husband so much. He is also a pain in the ass. :H I am safe to say that he thinks the same about me.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning all,

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know I am still staying strong.

Nora - sorry to hear of the added stress in your life. Hubs can make it easy or hard but we first must find ourself then we can figure out our relationships.

I too have a disgruntled husband at times, so if you need to talk or vent I am here.

Love to all,
                                JDG
                                Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Working...
                                X