Army Thread, Sunday 2nd June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats awful about the extreme weather tips, thoughts with the poor folks left homeless

general question for the army: i know anxiety in the short term after going af is pretty normal, anyone know how long it usually goes on for?
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Evening all went for a long nana nap well wasn't meant to be but i slept nearly 3 hours. Was too tired to go back out today so i guess i needed the sleep catch up. Just gonna chill and wtch tv and may be my finish my Jennifer Johnston book i got from the library. The title is called Grace and truth. Having chicken tikka masala for dinner and salad. The sauce is from Tesco chilled meals but boiled the rice and made the salad:H. I don't have ready meals often but handy to have in the freazer when you don't to do much cooking or don't have time. Quality is good. Still nice and mild so far.

Comment

InChains;1514389 wrote: thats awful about the extreme weather tips, thoughts with the poor folks left homeless

general question for the army: i know anxiety in the short term after going af is pretty normal, anyone know how long it usually goes on for?
        Depends. If you're drinking a lot of caffeine fuelled drinks eg Red Bull, coffee that might not be helping.

You see I needed de-toxing as the WDs could have killed me so I was zonked out of me tree on valium. But I'd go with Molls there around 12/14 days.

Now then some anxiety is normal. The first time I took the dog out after I went arse over elbow my heart was thundering I'm surprised Molls didn't hear it in Ireland. Stoopid or what, but it was real to me.
        I still get slightly anxious flying, going to the dentist but so do most people. I've got some breathing techniques that help.

Which leads me on the the drop in place. They'll probably be able to help with ongoing anxiety. They'll probably use acupuncture. massage and meditation.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

some anxiety i could deal with, but keep feeling constantly anxious with phases where i feel physically about to have a panic attack, wondering if its normal seeing as I didn't drink that much to be feeling this anxious for this long after stopping? hoping same as you guys it'll start clearing at about 2 weeks seeing as I'm not far off, so far just been getting worse though

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Just stick with it, Inchy. It could also mean that your blood sugar's a bit low and you need to feed. I've done that a few times so much so I've been known to open a packet of jaffa cakes in friggintesco and have a few.

I have paid for them at the till.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

haha, didn't see you as a shop lifter JC xD

and i just had dinner about an hour ago so blood sugars fine i'm sure, though it wont sop me eating crumble in front of the telly later

Comment

It's OK I know a good lawyer. I'm married to him
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I have eaten exactly nothing of any substance today. I had a bowl of citrus fruit for breakfast and a serving of brussels sprouts for lunch. Just me being lazy.
                  Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

:H visions of JC opening packets of stuff in friggingtesco:
                    - just to try it - see if it's any good, like, know what a mean?!
                    Mr JC rolls his eyes
                    - must I be getting you out of mischief again JC?
                    JC gives her man a flirtatous look. The kind of look girls give men knowing they can't resist but let them get away with whatever they ought not to be getting away with.
                    - go on then (says Mr JC, rolling his eyes again), open what you like, and if they kick up a fuss, i'll represent you in court
                    - Aw thanks m'dear
                    and JC gives a Mr JC a sticky jaffa caked kiss on the blower.

***sound of alarm bells and sirens***

***security enter and accost JC***

Mr JC brings out a piece of paper, shouts,
                    - STOP I'M A LAWYER!
                    - you are? asks the security guard.
                    - oh, hang on a tick - Mr JC goes into and out of the toilet in the blink of an eye, the fire of a gun, the flash of a quick.... and returns, with blue pants over red leggings and a tight fitting top revealing his rippling muscles and upon his chest is emblazoned (i.e. ironed on) SuperLawyer

SuperLawyer whisks JC in his arms and points his fist to the ceiling before blasting off out of friggingtescos by way of making a rather large whole through the roof.

THE END

Comment

Crikey Siren, a bowl of brussels sprouts. I'll be over here for a bit

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:sofa:
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Siren - should've stuck into the late army brekkie. 'twas for everyone mind

Comment

mollyka;1514422 wrote: Evening MrD - how's you this fine evening?
                          Nae so bad here Molls. Yerself?

Oi fink people missed my last post at the end of P9 (not that it's particularly interesting or anything :H) just d'arsey being a bored arsey.

Comment

mollyka;1514420 wrote: Bad girl Jackieclaire :H

How mobile is SirP now?
                            Couldn't help myself.

He is now officially bored. He's ringing the office so they can bring him some work.
                            And he's gone next door to watch the match.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

RunningCourage;1514421 wrote: Siren - should've stuck into the late army brekkie. 'twas for everyone mind
                              If you go look, I asked if there was any left for me and if you delivered to my couch humph

And now I'm changing my name to Crikey Siren
                              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

mollyka;1514426 wrote: I'm good --- my pages are different lengths to others pages - I'm only on page 4
                                Are you really bored or monentarily bored?
                                You must have really
                                l
                                l
                                l
                                l
                                l
                                l
                                l
                                l
                                l
                                l
                                l
                                o
                                o
                                o
                                o
                                o
                                o
                                o
                                o
                                o
                                o
                                o
                                o
                                o
                                n
                                n
                                n
                                n
                                n
                                n
                                n
                                n
                                n
                                n
                                n
                                g
                                g
                                g
                                g
                                g
                                g
                                g
                                g
                                g
                                pages
                                :H

achully more tired than bored (but then i was up with miss crack of dawn and out running )

Comment

Working...
                                X