question about units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about units

I watched rain in my heart the other night and was confused when the doctor was talking about units you should be able to safely consume. Does anyone know how many units are in a normal sized bottle of wine?
    Also, part of the reason I've always had such a hard time admitting I have a problem, is that even though I can drink a bottle or even 2 on occasion, I've always done it over several hours and very seldom am I what would normally be legally drunk. How does that figure into the total number of units you consume, if at all. I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I really want to know.

question about units

Old Grey,

:welcome: to MWO.

Here is a link to wikipedia's definition of units of alcohol. I know, I know, wikipedia is not a trusted source but in this case, I think it is fairly accurate.

Unit of alcohol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After consuming 1 or 2 bottles over several hours, have you had your BAC taken? You might be surprised at what you find.

I can't say whether you have a problem or not but if you think you might, you may want to look around and see if there is anything on MWO that can help you.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

question about units

Oh I know I have a problem, otherwise I wouldn't be on this site. But like so many others, it's trying to determine the extent of the problem and how to deal with it.

Comment

question about units

Old Grey;1515342 wrote: I watched rain in my heart the other night and was confused when the doctor was talking about units you should be able to safely consume. Does anyone know how many units are in a normal sized bottle of wine?
        Also, part of the reason I've always had such a hard time admitting I have a problem, is that even though I can drink a bottle or even 2 on occasion, I've always done it over several hours and very seldom am I what would normally be legally drunk. How does that figure into the total number of units you consume, if at all. I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I really want to know.
        Hiya OG and welcome to MWO. In answer to your first question, the number of units in a bottle will obviously vary with the strength of the wine, but you should be able to get a reasonably accurate figure from the following site by making the appropriate selections:

Unit and Calorie Calculator

Typically the liver can process about one unit per hour (it will vary from person to person amongst other things), so if you consume a 10 unit bottle of wine over 6 hours, you can expect to have approximately 10 - 6 = 4 units in your system by the time you've finished the bottle. Hope that helps a little.

Comment

question about units

thanks everyone. that's a big help!

Comment

Working...
          X