It's going to be a long night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got 2 of my dogs back from the vet. They were both put under anthestia (sp?) to get their teeth cleaned and blood chemistries done. any how they both are so stoned. The golden retriver that I thought weighed 130 I was told today weighs 139. I have to figure a way to get him upstairs for the evening. Currently he is on the foyer rug. That really isn't making me happy. The chow/pom mix is in the kitchen trying to start a fight with the other 3. He has small man complex. He is the smallest of the 5. Anyone know how to sober up a dog
    Mary

Do you have a kennel?
    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Yes (but can't use them) I do but Reardon the 139# boy is afraid of the dark and has to sleep beside the bed for security.His not Ours.Mr.Coker has been sleeping with us because I have to watch him he's the leg chewer. I am running a nursing home Simon is going blind. Mamie and Talulah fight like well..bitches.
      What a evening
      Mar

Comment

Oh Dear...I have no idea!! If it makes you feel any better, I have two cats that are insane and like to ensure I get as little sleep as possible.
        It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
        James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

call 911
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

For them or me??

Comment

whoever needs it first
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Well, you need a big, strong, person I can tell you. Limp dogs weigh 3 times what the scale says I think.

Many years ago, when I was having my champion Labrador examined for possible sarcoma, they knocked him out good. He weighed 115 lbs. at the time, and I had to sling the poor guy over my shoulders, and do a squat thrust to move him. I had to carry him aobut 100 feet, and up a small flight of stairs to lay him on the living room floor on some blankets. It wiped me out. He was out for several hours, and would come to for a few minutes to drink a little water, and then go out again. He slept for a good ten hours I think that day.

Poor dog. It turned out to be aggressive osteosarcoma, and I had him put to sleep about a week later when no pain med would stop his crying.

We had many good days of hunting, running, and playing. Most loyal and faithful dog I ever had.

Sir Henry of Tennessee, AKC, 1995-2002. May he rest in peace.

Now days, my dogs are small mutts, and they are great. See Petey in the avatar. Will switch back to Katie here shortly.

Neil

Comment

I always knew there was a reason why I picked 2 small puppies that won't grow into Biggans! Sounds like you have your hands full but you obviously love them all to bits. Any good looking neighbours that could come to your rescue and haul him up?

Tomorrow I have to give Tabu my african wild cat her jabs. Seeings it now 3:57am and I've only just finished work I'll probably be so boggle eyed in the morning I'll miss aim and jab myself by mistake! Oh the joys of pethood.
                  A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

SB...THEY'RE ONLY DOGS ONCE....CUDDLE UP... XXOOOXOOOXOXOXOXOX

Comment

Working...
                    X