HELLO AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELLO AGAIN

At the risk of being accused of making things "all about me", I thought I would come back and post. I've been reading and keeping up with everyone's progress.

All is well, off to Canada in the morning. A grueling week for work stuff with alcohol flowing throughout the evening hours with meetings,receptions, dinners etc.
    I just packed my antabuse and other meds for sanity.

This month on the 20th will be six whole months and I am certainly not going to jeopardize that. I had some drinking thoughts lately. Like oh well...I could drink the last night in Vancouver after this is all over. Or I could have a drink at the airport, or better yet both airports I will be in. But these thought s don't take hold in my brain. I just visualize myself drunk and stupid, and think NO THANKS. I also have got to the point where I can imagine the smell of beer or wine or tequila and it is not appealing at all.

I hope everyone is doing well this week. I will have my laptop so I'll be around.

Peace and love

HELLO AGAIN

Great to see you again!!! We missed you!
    If you are like the rest of us...we are one drink away from sinking right back down into alcohell (thanks 199 days). The price is just too high. It's not worth it anymore!
    You got this!! I'm so proud of your almost 6 months!!!! Wootie Hoot!!!!! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

HELLO AGAIN

hi ann,i was just thinking of you the other day,i hadnt seen you around,glad youre doing well,keep strong in your travels my friend
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

HELLO AGAIN

Glad you are doing well Ann
        Wishing you a safe & sober trip!
        We'll be here waiting to celebrate with you on the 20th - woo hoo!!!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

HELLO AGAIN

Hello!
          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

HELLO AGAIN

ANN!! SIX MONTHS!! Holy Moley!! That's half a bloody year! :yay::yay:

That's just SO great. I bet your music is helping. My Matt just played The Lazy Song and he's so good but I see him wishing it away...

I'm so glad you are keeping your music close by. :l

:h
            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

HELLO AGAIN

Hi, Ann!

I was wondering where you were! I hope you enjoy traveling more than I do. After this weekend, I'm hoping to steal some of that Velcro that gets passed around in the Newbies Nest, put a piece on my Real Butt and stay put for awhile! Thank goodness AL isn't with us on our trips anymore!

Safe travels!

:h NS

Comment

HELLO AGAIN

Hi Ann! Sorry I am so late on the thread. Great job - 6 months! I am just over three and thrilled. Best of luck to you!
                February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

HELLO AGAIN

Hi Ann!

Wowwweeee, SIX MONTHS! That's amazing! Keep up your great work...and keep the Antaubse close by. We're never "free and clear" of the stinkin' beast, he can sneak up anytime. I've had some squirrely thoughts myself lately, but I'm on AB and will not go off it...I just have to accept that the Beast is trying to stay alive and trying to convince me to help him! Remembering being drunk and stupid is enough for me too...and let's not forget the hangovers and 3am anxiety wake up calls!

Keep up your great work...I am darn proud of ya!

Love,
                  K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

HELLO AGAIN

Its great to hear from you Ann! Keep up the great work!
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

HELLO AGAIN

Hey Ann, glad to hear from you! Almost six months - that's so fantastic.

Be safe and sane in your travels. And, as everyone has said, don't do anything to jeopardize your hard-won success. Those fleeting al thoughts are just that - fleeting and meaningless unless you give them power! You are stronger than that I know!!

Best to you,
                      UN

Comment

HELLO AGAIN

GREETINGS FROM VANCOUVER

LOVE THIS CITY!!!!

I could definitely live here! Big dinner tonight! And of course big drinkers! I had some great water-HAHAHA. I took a large dose of my antabuse at the Dallas airport on the way here so I'm good.

And guess what our "team-building" event was? The company rented out Bridge Studios where a lot of movies are filmed, at the end of our meeting today they brought in dancers. We learned a dance in half an hour, to the music of Michael Jackson "Wanna be Starting Something". We then did a flash mob at 2 Vancouver locations, wearing ball caps and shades. IT was a riot! The video will be available later. I will say this-I was the bomb! HAHAHAHA-

All is well---really well. Having a good time without alcohol!!! Who woulda thought?

Comment

HELLO AGAIN

Well Done Ann....way to go!!:goodjob::goodjob:

Comment

HELLO AGAIN

Hi Ann glad your doing great,sounds like alot of fun,l saw those flash mobbs on tv cool,it is alot of fun once you wake up to life and the drink dosen't consume you,wdll done on 6 months,we can do this,lts69 days for me,all l am having is some emotional ups and downs,not worried about drinking,who would of thought l wouldn't be thinking of wine,so l'm happy for that,great on being here in Canada,l live by Torontoso far away from Vancouver,close to Niagra falls,l'm sure you heard about the falls,anyway hope you stay strong and alcohol free,have loads of fun in Vancouver!!

Comment

Working...
                            X