Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H.A.L.T today..

Dont know what to do ?

I know am going to be hungry had some pasta from yesterday made up some oat mixs with honey and put some more on top getting some sugar , am feeling angry about
    people 1or 2 in aa talking about my situation and other things, getting resentment everywhere. Feeling lonely because of everything that happen. Am Tired becausse am not eating as well as i should be. Am feeling the thirst coming on dont have no soft drinks at home only water and my body is craving for a different drink if that makes sense to anyone.

I get paid tomorrow dont think it well last long but going to make it last if i can.

Any idea's on making up some easy cheap food like with the oat and honey ! would help...

Thanks for taking your time to read this.

catch22 x
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

H.A.L.T today..

Hi catch! Beans are good and cheap. Canned meat like tuna/salmon can be good choices. Look for frozen veggies that are on sale. Eggs are always good.

Look for budget stores, where the prices tend to be lower for everything.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

H.A.L.T today..

Catch- Do you have any money? I know you can get rice and dried beans really cheap. It's filling and goes a long way. Try not to concern yourself with what the people in AA say. They have their own issues, too. None of us are perfect. Hang in there.

Comment

H.A.L.T today..

Oh dear Catch so sorry you're in a bad situation money wise. Why do you have no money to eat properly if you are working? Sorry to be nosy but a bit concerned. Don't mind the people at AA you are doing well. I'm struggling with bills and am behind with some so I know what its like to struggle. Things like beans bread spuds are cheap and filling. Oats and honey are too. I hope things get better for you. I just about manage to get some decent food and feed two cats and a guinea pig on benefit. Its lonely living alone but I try not to get too down and the cats are good company at times.

Comment

H.A.L.T today..

Hi Catch
          If you want recipes for some really cheap meals there's an organisation called "live below the line". It's meant to be for people to join as a fundraiser to help poverty but the idea is for people to live on under $1.50 a day.

If you go to this link:
          https://www.livebelowtheline.com/us-guidance/
          there is a recipe book you can download that might help.
          There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
          You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

H.A.L.T today..

Thanks to all that replied to my posts that put there in put has really help me . Also it HELPS to know am not on my own struggling with ??????...
            Am struggling because ive separated from my husband, but have move out of my house, have too much coming out of my account and not enought ? for food ....

Thanks again it all helps :l

Catch22 x
            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

H.A.L.T today..

I read about a woman who's been given a publishing deal for her blog on feeding herself and her child healthy meals on less ?1 a day, or something daft like that. I'll have a look on the internet and get right back to you.
              I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

H.A.L.T today..

Here you go, I know it's UK based stuff but hope it's helpful, there's other sections you might find inspiring too.

‘Below The Line’ Budget Recipes ? A GIRL CALLED JACK
                I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
                X