feeling grateful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeling grateful

today is the first day of my eighth month of sobriety...the longest I have been sober since my pregnancy 15 years ago. I have tried and tried and never made it past 7 months before. I had a health crisis, realized I was, indeed, powerless over alcohol, continued to drink for a few months and then got sick and tired of being sick and tired (sorry for the clich?!) and got myself some help.
    mwo has been an integral part of my recovery and I appreciate every one of you. your stories and sharing are a universal way for us to know we aren't alone, and that finding peace and sobriety can happen.
    sobriety has not been easy, but it gets easier everyday. I am going to be taking it seriously for the rest of my life, because without sobriety, there is no life for me.

so :thanks: and here is a hug for anyone who needs it...there is always help, and there is always hope and you are an important person who deserves to live a life of freedom and peace!!! :l:h

beth
    10-06-2012

feeling grateful

Congratulations, Betty!

Comment

feeling grateful

This is such a sweet dream post, Betty as I head off to bed. :l
      :thanks:
      And.. Congratulations :h
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

feeling grateful

Well done on over 7months sobriety, i can see by just reading your post how grateful you are bettygirl. Am soooo hppy for you. Keep up the good work. your doing really well.

Catch22 x :l
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

feeling grateful

Congratulations Betty!! Well done!

Comment

feeling grateful

Wow, Betty! Congratulations! I tell folks in the nest to enjoy the uncharted waters...that's always where you want to be!!! (who wants to repeat the same old mile markers over and over again?)
            I always enjoy your posts and seek them out...all the best to you and keep it going! The best is yet to come! xxoo, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

feeling grateful

thanks blondie!
              kradle, I hope your dreams were sweet, and that they continue to be
              catch, thanks kid, and you hang in there, ok? :l
              thank you choppers mom!
              byrdlady, well, I am honored! thank you so very much. you help me so with your wisdom!

:h

peace!
              10-06-2012

Comment

feeling grateful

awesome job betty,you put in the work to stay sober and now youre basking in the rewards,im happy for you
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

feeling grateful

yep! thanks pauly!
                  10-06-2012

Comment

feeling grateful

I am SO PROUD of you Betty! Keep up the great work...you are an inspiration to many! :h
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

feeling grateful

You just made my day!!!
                      and I ADORE beagles!!
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

feeling grateful

Bettygirl, thanks for posting this. Quite an inspiration - these stories give us hope and keep us on track. We need to hear from people who are living a good life without alcohol. We stay stuck so long in that "missing out" thinking even when we know it's not true ......... we still hold on. Thanks again and huge congrats!

Comment

feeling grateful

thanks guys...it is important to know that life without al is possible and actually, so much better. I remember daily the bad parts of my drinking days...the hangovers, the lack of motivation, my failing health, and my lost will to really live. I have found the joy again. I also have low points (who doesn't!?) but I know how to live through them. I can handle anything that life throws at me as long as I don't take that first drink.

I am happy to say I have lost 45 lbs, I exercise daily, I am planning on school this fall, and I go to bed every night tired from doing things, not just from being drunk! I went to the dr yesterday, and all my vitals are good to excellent. there is recovery and our bodies and minds can heal, if we are willing to do the work!

love to you all! and yes, i'm a beagle maniac! I actually live with 2 beags and a rat terrier...fun times

xoxoxoxox
                          10-06-2012

Comment

feeling grateful

Congrats Betty on your AF time
                            Sounds like you have made a lot of positive changes & that's just great!

One of my dogs is part beagle & part ?
                            Nice little dogs!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

feeling grateful

Congradulatios Betty on 8 months alcohol free.You deserve a hero cookie,sounds like you got the beast under control,yes our lives are worth more than that stinking bottle.we deserve happiness and health,so good on you,l'm on my way and don't want the devil on my back no more. Wow 45 pounds thats great, l'm at 22 pounds and more is coming off,feels so much better getting the monkey off our back and the weight off as well,something to look forward to,when l drank l consumed any food 'didn't care about the caloric intake. Life is so much better when we care about ourselves,than we can care about others more.so happy for you and all of us on this journey of health!!

Comment

Working...
                              X