Ashwagandha??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashwagandha??

A friend recommended this for knee pain I've been having. I've never heard of it. Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Ashwagandha??

No this is not a knee pain site She sent you here for other reasons

Comment

Ashwagandha??

TheSunFlower;1517105 wrote: No this is not a knee pain site She sent you here for other reasons
      Yeah - you misunderstood.

I'm here for my addiction. But I'm also having knee pain and a lot of people here do lots of supps. Just picking brains.

And she's a he.
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Ashwagandha??

Ashwaganda is an herb used in Ayurvedic medicine. It"s primary benefit is to enhance mental balance. At least, that's what understand - and my experience with Ayurveda is pretty extensive. Aswaganda treats "vata derangement." I love that term! Vata is one of the three primary "doshas," or constitutional types that Ayurveda uses to base diagnosis and treatment. The other two are "kapha," - earth and water; and "pitta," - fire.

A good Ayurvedic physician could probably help in a lot of ways. It's a magnificent science of health. Honestly, there may be some application of Ashwaganda for knee pain. Butt that is not what it is normally used for. Check with an Ayurvedic physician, though. If I were going to selfs - prescribe for knee pain, I would probably go with,Circumin -the ingredient of turmeric that reduces inflammation of all,kinds.

But even Ayurvedic medicines are best taken with a doctor's directions. The next decade will see Ayurveda sweep across the country, like yoga has already. Then, when,it's about time for me to shuffle off this mortal coil, the third "sister science" of Ayurveda and yoga - Jyotish - the Sanskrit word for astrology, will finally gain recognition and acceptance. But I digress,

I highly recommend opening the door to Ayurveda!
        "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Ashwagandha??

Red, love your work. Its great to see others interested in this field.

Siren, I've heard of Ashwagandha also being used for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. I've also read somewhere that it's referred to as Indian ginseng but I can't remember the reference. Like Red says its best to be treated by a good Ayurvedic physician, don't self prescribe.

I was also wondering if Ringing Cedars knew anymore about this? RC?

Just re discovered this. My husband had a bout of Barmah Forest Virus a while ago and I was searching to find natural anti inflammatories and this came up.

Ashwagandha - In-Depth Scientific Supplement Information | Examine.com

Comment

Ashwagandha??

Thanks both of you! My friend has arthritis, which is how it came up, and he also mentioned turmeric.

Comment

Ashwagandha??

Hey Siren, so well proven is the benefit of turmeric that it is added to joint support diets for pets by mainstream manufacturers.

Comment

Ashwagandha??

Siren I would love to hear about what you learn about ayurvedia.
                I was treated with ayurvedic medicine while living in India years ago. It was amazing practice.

I've also got gammy knees :H and would love to ditch the anti-inflammatory medication and use something natural.

I've also heard that turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory.

Keep us updated!
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Ashwagandha??

Ive read this is good for anxiety,anyone?
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X