Army Thread 8th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 8th June

RunningCourage;1517177 wrote: Reccie - ODAAT is the only way. For many the counting doesn't work/help. And I am a firm believer too that if one has been drinking every day and is able to even half the amount of days they are drinking (assuming they're not doubling the amount they are drinking on the other days), then hell, that's a helluva lot better than just giving in and drinking oneself into oblivion.

So I am sorry you caved but you sounds as if you are savvy to how your mind and body are working and you are right back there today with making today AF. Today is all that matters Reccie. :goodjob: It's a battle this journey and my god you're battling like only the best do.
    Thanks arsey. Yep, I agree....I'm not sure that counting the days helps me over much because of the way my mind works, but we're all different and for some it may be a good thing to have a goal (x days AF or whatever) to aim for.

I'm definitely trying to be more savvy about the way my mind and body work this time around and I don't intend to allow my recovery to be derailed by the occasional setback here and there. All I can do is aim to be AF for the rest of today and then worry about tomorrow when it arrives, so that is what I shall do.

Hi waggy (and tips again!)

Comment

Army Thread 8th June

Morning army! I'm anxiously waiting for Zen to check in and let me know how they liked Identity Thief.

I'm watching it again now and pml.

Gotta go - snake scene.
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Army Thread 8th June

Yoo hoo.jc n gang..big hello from menorca..nother one ti try molls. .food ace views lovely hope all ok .
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Army Thread 8th June

Mick;1517239 wrote: Yoo hoo.jc n gang..big hello from menorca..nother one ti try molls. .food ace views lovely hope all ok .
          :stomper: bloody retirees. Ah well... send us a postcard Mr Mick.

Evening all. :hallo: Well, that's me feet up for the evening. Got a movie in to watch and some munchies. The weather has been right fine... but i do admit, that, well, (and this is only between you and me), I'd much prefer to share it.

But 'nuff about me - hope yis are all having a lovely warm Saturday evening. Who's on the BBQ (own up, cos i can smell the sweet burn of BBQ sausages )

Comment

Army Thread 8th June

Evening all, no BBQ chez Sylv, chicken stir fry here and I haven't even made it Mr Tesco did the work today. Hope you've all had a great Saturday.
            AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Army Thread 8th June

RunningCourage;1517264 wrote: :stomper: bloody retirees. Ah well... send us a postcard Mr Mick.

Evening all. :hallo: Well, that's me feet up for the evening. Got a movie in to watch and some munchies. The weather has been right fine... but i do admit, that, well, (and this is only between you and me), I'd much prefer to share it.

But 'nuff about me - hope yis are all having a lovely warm Saturday evening. Who's on the BBQ (own up, cos i can smell the sweet burn of BBQ sausages )
              Barbie here Arsey - steaks & 8oz Rye Eye Steak burgers - have the meat sweats :egad:
              Salad & new potatoes.
              We are indoors now and I'd say the barbie will smoulder all night! Could cook for another 20 people................

Comment

Army Thread 8th June

Evening folks :wavin:

Satz- im on me way ok?!

Comment

Army Thread 8th June

Recluse;1517191 wrote: Thanks arsey. Yep, I agree....I'm not sure that counting the days helps me over much because of the way my mind works, but we're all different and for some it may be a good thing to have a goal (x days AF or whatever) to aim for.

I'm definitely trying to be more savvy about the way my mind and body work this time around and I don't intend to allow my recovery to be derailed by the occasional setback here and there. All I can do is aim to be AF for the rest of today and then worry about tomorrow when it arrives, so that is what I shall do.

Hi waggy (and tips again!)
                  Dear Reccie:l

So proud of you for coming so far. Well done on not getting derailed by this setback. All any of us can do is aim for today:l

Comment

Army Thread 8th June

Evening all,
                    Had a wunnerful arfternoon with Pinkles and Mrs P. Felt like their Mammy. What a lovely couple they are.

Only advice I can give Reccy, is to have a good chat with your alcohol worker. That's what he/she's there for. Any idea why you let the craving get on top of you?
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 8th June

Hiya Jacks :hiya:

Glad ye had ye had a good day Is your weather nice there too?

Comment

Army Thread 8th June

Bewdiful, absolutely bewdiful.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 8th June

Bollix, the kettle's just blown up. Orff to friggintesco to get a new one.
                          Bacinabit.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 8th June

'Eyop to any lurkers. All out at Satz's Barbie, eh?!

Get a fancy new kettle then JC? I got the toast on

Rights, am away to me leaba as i'm knackered having now sat on my dowp for the last 4 hours...
                            Have a lovely rest of yer evening troops. See yis at brekkie.

:bedtime:

Comment

Army Thread 8th June

Sleep tight RC, won't be far behind you I don't think, I must be only person in the country who is frozen today, cannot get warm for love nor money.

Sorry I've not been joining in much this last week or so, managed to stay away from AL but its been a rough time as yesterday would have been my husband's 60th birthday so felt a bit low.

Normal service is being resumed slowly
                              AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Army Thread 8th June

Ooh it's lovely. Gone for a shiny black one this time.

Now here's the thing who would have thought 4 years ago at around 9pm on a Saturday night I would have been near unconscious after a day on the vino and now quick leap in the car, bought a new kettle and 2 magazines and a big bar of chocolate.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X