Army Thread Saturday 15th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you've got room for the kit hen sink.

Send us a postcard, there's a darling.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning

wouldn't mind trying some of that haggis arsey....that is if the troops haven't finished it off already.

Happy holidays whizzy and satzy. Hope you manage to meet up at some stage.

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1519757 wrote: Morning Foxy, St. Molly and mrsa.
        Just when, exactly, was Molly beatified?!?!?!

ME WANT A HALO :stomper:

Comment

:hello2: will that doya...........................oops you meant

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

'ciurse I remember that.:H
            I'm walking up to friggintesco so I can't buy a heap of rubbish. Just what we need.
            Chocolate and pizzas.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:H:H
              Got a load of stuff at the butchers last week and it's all in the freezer, you'll have to handover yer halo.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Speaking of choccie and pizza, I have five grandones over, still gently sleeping.

I am trying to figure out a good breakfast for them, being the saint that I am, for when they awaken.

I am starving myself and really trying to justify making something gooey and sweet for breakfast. I wouldn't want to actually feed them protein and fruit or anything.

Hmm. Pancakes, waffles, cinnamon cake? Now that sounds healthy!!

What do y'all think?

I could throw the milk jug on the table to supply the real nutrients they need..

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Googling toffee muffins. Sounds wonderful.
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

:upset::upset::upset:

It took three fecking hours to cart around and sloooooowly walk alongside mum to get all her things done. Now back home, trying to gird my loins to head out again. The weekly shop is still looming.
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I fecking hate being a "dutiful son" sometimes :upset:
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Alas, no toffee candy in the house. Cinnamon rolls recipe to try.

Have to make the powdered sugar, though. Hope the blender doesn't wake the little ones. Not enough coffee in me yet to take them on.

Tips, Patience is a virtue you bouncy one!!

Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Morning all! How exciting for the vacationers! Have a wonderful time! I am jealous. I go to Northern California for my nephew's wedding at the end of June for three days, but that won't be very relaxing. Seeing some family members who cause me stress, but that's ok. No temptation to drink or anything which is great. The wedding will be very intimate and outside, so it should be beautiful.

It is a lovely day here and should be beautiful weather for the weekend. Going bird watching tomorrow for Father's Day and making husband-man a nice dinner. Today, lots of errands and a graduation party with a Moon Bounce! The girls are so excited. Yay. lol. Have a wonderful day all.

Love Waggy
                          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1519823 wrote: I fecking hate being a "dutiful son" sometimes :upset:
                            Oh God I remember all that with my Mum and now it is the kids. Why can they not be as dutiful as us

Hi Waggy and Cinders et al---

Off to catch the 1.48 train to London

Comment

Afternoon!

tiptronic_ct;1519822 wrote: :upset::upset::upset:

It took three fecking hours to cart around and sloooooowly walk alongside mum to get all her things done. Now back home, trying to gird my loins to head out again. The weekly shop is still looming.
                              Do you think we should introduce your mum to sir pee, tips? They could walk along slooooowly together.

Back from Sainsbury's with rooibus fairtrade tea and having a sit down with a coffee. (Wasn't feeling adventurous enough to try the tea yet.)

Comment

mollyka;1519863 wrote: Afternoon Recster!! Really cannot get into them fancy tea's an coffee's -- bit of a bog standard sorta girl I am
                                You still on the floor with your maps? I'm now having a guilt-free afternoon, scoured the kit hen and washed the floors --- that's it --- may get an hour in the garden --- SITTING in the garden!!
                                Hi molls....no, I've got my route sorted out and the maps are neatly folded away, thank goodness. They're very unwieldy.....starting to wonder if they sell waterproof kindles and maps for the aforementioned.

Re the teas...I bought the rooibus tea more out of curiosity than anything else. I enjoy finding out about food and drink related matters, regardless of whether I actually like the food or drink in question. Foxy had me googling for an exact definition of farls earlier....did you know it's derived from the Scots word fardell, meaning a quarter (as in a quarter of a circle)?

Enjoy your guilt free afternoon. I may get an hour in the garden too, but I won't be sitting in it, unfortunately. Feckin weeds! :upset:

Gonna have a read of your thread (it looks interesting!) and then make some lunch before heading outside. Reckon if I procrastinate for long enough rain may intervene to save me from the weeds.

Comment

Working...
                                X