Army Thread Saturday 15th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:hallo: Army. Finally back from the shops. Mrs. T and the youngest cub thankfully helped to get everything stowed away. Poor Mrs. T was having a nanna nap while I was away but had a call from someone who had found Jasmine at a nearby student residence. Had to go and fetch her and give her a bath - she smelled somewhat urmmmmmm... unsavoury. Turns out the eldest cub left the front gate open when his mate left this morning after their all-night X-box marathon. Little feckers

Wreccie: I hope you enjoy the rooibos tea! A colleague of mine has a little farm in the Cedarberg, where rooibos is endemic. He also grows buchu - an indigenous herb with medicinal properties that is also drunk as a tea.

Enjoy the lazy afternoon Molls. Green with envy, I am.

I suspect mum would develop a crush on Sir Pee, Reccie... He sounds like the ultimate gentleman.

Have you thought about something like a Garmin for your trip (and subsequent ones)? Speaking of which:are you familiar with geo-caching? I reckon you'd love that .
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Which Irving novel, St. Molly?
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1519878 wrote: I suspect mum would develop a crush on Sir Pee, Reccie... He sounds like the ultimate gentleman.
        Yep...I had the same thought tips. Sir pee could be her toyboy. (Please don't hit me Jackie!!!)

tiptronic_ct;1519878 wrote:
        Have you thought about something like a Garmin for your trip (and subsequent ones)? Speaking of which:are you familiar with geo-caching? I reckon you'd love that .
        Ooooh...I'd not heard about them! No time to do anything about it before my imminent trip, but I'll definitely do some research well before any subsequent trips. :thanks:

Comment

New to MWO

How do I connect with others? Can't figure this system out. Tried Live Chat but didn't see any conversation there. But that might be part of the paid membership only. Not sure.

Comment

Hiya Freedom and :welcome: to MWO.

Feel free to jump in herw on the Army thread (which has nothing to do with a realarmy, by the way).

Reccie: I think you'll love geo-caching. It can be a fairly solitary exercise, yet connect you to other folks. Kinda arms-length :H. Come to think of it - maybe I'm projecting. I've been thinking of taking it up myself.

Molls: A widow for one year is a lekker book. Twisted River (truncated title - can't for the life of me remember the full one), was also good.
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Tiptronic & Mollyka: thanks for the welcome!! I appreciate it. Feels good to be even slightly connected to others who know what it's like to be drinking more than you want even when you swear every day you're not going to do that again. I look forward to learning how to connect to others and figure out MWO and all the different posts/threads, etc. It's new territory for me, but I'll figure it out as I go along.

Comment

Last night in twisted river - that's it.
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Freedom117;1519900 wrote: Tiptronic & Mollyka: thanks for the welcome!! I appreciate it. Feels good to be even slightly connected to others who know what it's like to be drinking more than you want even when you swear every day you're not going to do that again. I look forward to learning how to connect to others and figure out MWO and all the different posts/threads, etc. It's new territory for me, but I'll figure it out as I go along.
                  Learning by doing! Way to go :goodjob:
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

And no need to be so formal

Mollyka is just plain Molls, and you can call me Tips
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Afternoon troops, and hello freedom :hallo:

Comment

And you can call me Arsey :H

Comment

SAINT Molls, Tipps... it's SAINT Molls

Comment

LMAO :H:H:H

I was a given a reprieve from cooking tonight, so Mrs. T decided she's having an egg mayo sandwich. Except she switched on the wrong plate on the stove to boil the eggs. Har har - I feel vindicated.

God knows how my Father's Day meal is going to turn out. I bought a lovely leg of lamb for it, but it needs to be roasted.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

:wavin: d'Arsey

I stand corrected. SAINT Molls it is :H
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Have you been laying off the thinkety-thinks, young man?
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X