Army Thread Sunday 16th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:hallo: again Army. I've been having a thinkety-think, a la d'Arsey. A trip down memory lane, if you will. Specifically: father's day 2009.

I had already started on baclofen, but it was very early days. I had gone to bed with the best intentions for the next day. But oh boy, did addiction throw me a wobbly. We decided to go out to lunch that day. All I can remember is wanting the1st drink at the table, so that myshakes could subside - I wouldn't be able to hold my knife and fork otherwise. My thoughts weren't on simply enjoying the moment - it was all about AL. I made it through the lunch - not appreciating the lovely prawns at all - just so I could get home and dive into the bottle of vodka that was waiting.

I'm so incredibly grateful that today is totally different. I'm totally "here" for my family. And they for me. OK, I'm being a total sook, but I think I can be forgiven today

In other news... the leg 'o lamb is smelling divine. Nice music in the background. Eldest cub and I shortly off to the local Spar to grab some Sunday papers. Working up an appetite for a lovely Sunday lunch.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Suppose that would be me Mother's Day 2009.

Never mind being a total sook, I think it's brilliant. :l Will ya adopt me?
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Army! First cuppa half done - tastes really good this morning. Must call my father later today to wish him a happy father's day. I called him yesterday to set up some plans for breakfast this week - we try to get together every couple of weeks. He seemed really surprised and happy to hear from me yesterday, so note to self - call your father more often.

It's good to hear how much everyone has progressed since becoming AF. I have never done some of the embarrassing things while drunk that a lot of folks mention here, but it's still an enormous time-suck, not to mention money and health. So let's reflect on how much better off we are all-around by choosing health.
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Morning Criky Siren,

Have a bit of a chat with my auld Pa more or less every day and he died 14 years ago. Mind I'd prolly have a heart attack if he replied.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning army

Happy Fathers Day to the army dads.

It's the centenary of the production of the first Morris car, the Morris Oxford, in Oxford this year:

Morris Centenary 1913 ? 2013 | Celebrating 100 years of Morris Cars

There are lots of events taking place to mark the occasion, including an international rally this weekend at Cornbury Park, a few miles from my home:

http://morriscentenary.org.uk/events...ntenary-rally/

I was out in my car earlier and every other car on the road was a Morris. It was quite enjoyable to see so many of them except for the fact that they all seem to go at 25mph :upset:

Been trying to get my rucksack packed and having a heck of a job fitting everything in. Jackie....do ya think you could manage to carry the tent?

Comment

I'll squeeze it in next to my onesie.

Mind you thought we might up grade to this.

World's most expensive motorhome goes on sale for ?2m and comes complete with cocktail bar and roof terrace | Mail Online
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1520217 wrote: I'll squeeze it in next to my onesie.

Mind you thought we might up grade to this.

World's most expensive motorhome goes on sale for ?2m and comes complete with cocktail bar and roof terrace | Mail Online
                That motorhome looks VERY comfy! We might have one or two problems navigating the Wales Coast Path in it, but we'll worry about that when the time comes.

I guess whizzy must have made it to Greece by now.

Comment

Spoilsport. I'm sure if we tell the Welsh we're invading they'll widen the paths.

Well she'll certainly not be needing her brolly.

A fortnight in Greece, sigh, a very long time since I did that.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:wavin:

Just had a rather long and satisfactory nanna nap.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening army the rain came down heavy this afternoon here so I had a nice nana nap too. Just chilling watching tv did nothing all day and ate the last of a large bar of fruit and nut. Quiet in the army today I guess all the mammies are busy with father's day and others working dossing chillin etc. Enjoy the rest of sunday . :television::choc::hallo:

Comment

Yo there Foxy,

Mr JC's found football on TV after an afternoon of tennis. Going to have to watch The White Queen on I-player.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening :hallo:

Well Foxy n Jacks, looks like the barracks is deserted(( Where'd they all go?

Molls - yer such a good Mammy Hope yer bunch realise how lucky they are.

Not long in from work n wrecked Makin bite to eat now, well its in oven!!

Big vip by the name of Obama comin to town tomarra, causin all sorts o chaos!! Looks like will have to leave extra early for work in morn. And ward has been issued wit a walkie-talkie for use in emergency should the phones lines be shut down by intelligence!! FFS its a bit mad:H

Happy Father's Day to all the Daddys

Comment

Yo there Sweety,

Tell him I'm asking after him.

Trying to get up and get the dog's lead on for her drag round the big field.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Molls,
                              Orff I go into the wilds.
                              Won't be long.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:H Aye Jacks will give him yer love!! And Molls- will tell him to keep an eye out for those luverly well-cut verges in Swords!! Tis causin quite a bit o drama in all fairness, jeez he's only a hooman being at end of day!!

Gawd im starving

Comment

Working...
                                X