Army Thread Sunday 16th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you've all had a great father's day, lost my dad over 20 years ago but still miss him heaps. I can't believe this is the first time I've got here today, it was supposed to be a lazy day - ha ha ha
    AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Well that took a bit longer than I thought.

From what I've read about the White Queen it's very 'Hollywood' and not that historically accurate but it'll be a good auld romp.
      Oh and the battle scenes are supposed to very gruesome.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1520340 wrote: I think he's quite a cute wee hooman tbh Just doesn't give the impression that he would want all that palavar they go on with!!??
        I'm not starving - pigged out all day --- all the family arrived in instalments, and I ate summat with each and everyone of them!!
        And tis only manners that ye had ta eat wit each instalment!! Minds me of the wee Granny from Donegal, her tea-pot was never off, she had alota visitors and had to have tea with all of them!! What's that Daniel O'D song? 'There's always a fire in the kitchen..always a kettle on the boil...' Minds me of that wee Granny:H

Comment

spiderwoman;1520343 wrote: Hope you've all had a great father's day, lost my dad over 20 years ago but still miss him heaps. I can't believe this is the first time I've got here today, it was supposed to be a lazy day - ha ha ha
          Ah Sylv:l Sure you do miss him. What have ye been busy doing all day?

Comment

JackieClaire;1520345 wrote: Well that took a bit longer than I thought.

From what I've read about the White Queen it's very 'Hollywood' and not that historically accurate but it'll be a good auld romp.
            Oh and the battle scenes are supposed to very gruesome.
            I know not of what you speak Jacks! Is it a film?

Comment

spiderwoman;1520343 wrote: Hope you've all had a great father's day, lost my dad over 20 years ago but still miss him heaps. I can't believe this is the first time I've got here today, it was supposed to be a lazy day - ha ha ha
              Aww Sylv, know exactly how you feel. :l
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

sweetpea29;1520350 wrote: I know not of what you speak Jacks! Is it a film?
                BBC's The White Queen: Battles, beddings and beheadings: Why it is the TV event of the summer | Mail Online
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Today I have mainly been running about and achieving nothing. My elderly neighbour caught me as I came back with the dog and wanted help to dismantle a table - end of morning by we tried all her tools etc and drunk copious amounts of tea.

I then went to Tosco twice, once with the purse and once without it :argh:

When I got back finally the table still needed to be sorted so end of afternoon (OH sorted the table out in about 3 minutes), rest of time spent drinking yet more tea.

What I want to know is when weekend days will contain 24 hours like workdays :H

Comment

Ah Jacks looks like iz a little too late to watch it now. Ah well... Here's a wee hug for you too:l And a wee toast to all Father's no longer with us here xx

Sylv, Tosco?!:H What did yer other half do to table? I coulda sorted it rightly, by sitting on it!!

Comment

It will be watched later on in the week. Looks like there's very little on during the week.

Footie's finished so off to have sumfing to eat. Sooner Mr JC gets back to work full time the sooner we'll stop thinking we're on hollingday.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ach Molls, our wee Daniel aint the worst!:H

Gonna have to say me nighters n try get some beauty sleep just in case himself would come a visitin! Gawd help him if he did show on the ward- I'd be givin him an apron n gloves and tell him to get stuck-in! Cant see it somehow:no: Anyhows hope it all passes without incident.

Nighters folks xx

Comment

Hi and nite Sweetpea. Is Obama coming to Dublin also? Must check the news. Watched first episode if white queen. Not bad but looks like its ghoing to get more interesting. Heard of Philipa Gregory but never read her novels. Must google more of white queen or the war of the roses as its said to be based on. Don't know much about it.

Comment

Oh hi Spider woman sorry I missed you. :wavin:

Comment

He unscrewed the thing Sweetie.

Hiya Firefox :hallo:

Should really go to bed now, it'll soon be 6am

Comment

Morning all :hallo:
                                Ah...shit. Did i sleep in again? :new:

Sorry not been about. Papa day involved Sunday jaunt up to the country mansion for grub. Molls - you lost your dad 40 yrs ago? Wow - you were just a bairn. :l That's always gonna be hard. Me ma lost both her folks by the time she wis 21.

White Queen - uhm... Missed that cos I was over on Channel 4 watching The Returned. French TV programme 'bout dead folks who return to their town 7 years after they died...only they don't know they died. Cos it's subtitled, C4 thought it'd be cool (really?) to subtitle the adverts in French. Whatever the reasoning, surely people know the French understand English more than we Brits will ever understand French? (excluding the Oirish contingent, cos you lot may be better at your foreign languages than us over this side of the stream).

Today's news is I went and sent off 5 wee poems i wrote years ago to a word magazine. Heck it may not come of anything, but it's worth a go. Ickle steps first.

Up at sparrow's fart with Sylv (not literally mind :H) so see youse on the flip side :bedtime:

Comment

Working...
                                X