• Show
Clear All

juicing

has anyone done the juicing while doing af
    after 20 days af is it okay to do
    has anyone done the fat sick and nearly dead diet
    worried it may be to much too soon

juicing

I juice about 4 days a week. Honestly, yes I think it's too soon for you. Don't make too many changes at once. Just my opinion.
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

juicing

witts end, I believe it would be too much too soon. Juicing itself in addition to a healthy meal makes a huge difference though. I end up eating less and can feel the effects almost immediately. I just got a new juicer and it is a godsend. It works wonders for clarity, alertness, skin and overall sense of well-being. Most of all, it gives me something I look forward to drinking.

Comment

juicing

Hahahaha the fat sick and nearly dead diet? Seriously? LOL I have to google this!
        I have a juicer and make beet/carrot/apple/ginger/kale/spinach/celery whatever I have in the house juice every 3-4 days. Not sure why that would harm you?
        Newbies Nest
        Toolbox
        My accountability thread

Comment

juicing

maybe I should just do breakfast and lunch and have dinner as I have to cook for hubby

how'd you go 3j did you google it and find it

Comment

juicing

witts end;1521216 wrote: has anyone done the juicing while doing af
            after 20 days af is it okay to do
            has anyone done the fat sick and nearly dead diet
            worried it may be to much too soon
            I 'smoothie' everyday. Simply a God send for me. The energy levels, the mental clearity, good sleep, clear skin, no cravings are some of the rewards from simple vegetables. Raw greens are simply incredible. Spinach is at the top of my list next to broccolli, berrys.......blend a 1/2 cup of frozen or fresh spinach with a few brocc florets, add mixed berries, pieces of apple and pieces of banana for a great way to start the day.
            Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

juicing

witts end I have been reading another thread on juicing and now I realize that you (and others) are talking about some sort of detox right? What I do is different. I am using a juicer a couple of times a week and making a drink, not using it to replace meals.

Here is the post I found on that fat sick dead diet...

"Have a look at the Netflix Documentary, " Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"
              It is the wonderful story of a man on his own personal juicing journey to reclaim his health."

I am not into fasting, detoxing, or dieting. I like Weight Watchers as a method of tracking food intake and have found it works for weight loss for me.
              Newbies Nest
              Toolbox
              My accountability thread

Comment

juicing

I was hoping juicing would do both detox and loose weight was eating too may lollies (which normally I don't ) since having doing juice for breaky and lunch don't seem to crave as much
                I'm no good at weight watchers
                I can always go back to dinner if need long as it's af

Comment

juicing

Witts end, I highly recommend adding juice to a healthy diet. Before replacing meals, perhaps give it a whirl as a snack. See how you feel and then go from there. The key is to slowly prepare your body before liquifying the diet. For me, it has massively reduced AL cravings and has helped me heal some health issues naturally, not to mention the other benefits I mentioned. Let me know if youd like some recipes to get you started

Comment

juicing

I agree that it's fine to add juicing to your diet...I thought you meant consuming juice ONLY...that's what I do about 4 days a week. But yes, I say add all the juice you want...it's healthy and you will feel great

Comment

juicing

K9,

Would you post a couple of juice recipes? I don't have a juicer, but I do have a Ninja blender that is very powerful. I guess I would have to strain some things.

I think that for me juicing a meal or two here and there might help me lose a bit of weight and help with the sugar cravings.

What kind of protein do you do when you are on a juice day?

Thanks!
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

juicing

Hi cinders...
                        I usually put the same thing in every cup of juice. I use a NutriBullet and I love it! Here's what I put in: spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, peaches, blueberries, banana an apple. I freeze the fruit (except the apple) and I store all the veggies all chopped up. Just grab a bit of each and mix it all up. There's really no limit to what you can use. In the past I have used sweet potatoes, jicama, tofu, ginger...pretty much ANY veggies work. Papayas, pears and grapes are good too. I like to buy stuff that will last several days. I recently started cutting up the bananas and freezing them. For protein I use powder...and I add a scoop of fiber too. I can live on these drinks...they are filling and have all the nutrients you need. I swear, I feel so good when I do this...the last few days I've been eating greasy food and I can tell a difference...it's amazing how processed food really does make you feel like crud! Have fun and remember there's no wrong recipe

P.s.....sometimes frozen fruits are much cheaper. You can find them by the dessert section at the grocery store.

P.s.s...mine is not a "juicer" either...it's like your ninja...a food extractor...which is actually better. Don't strain anything out..drink I all

Comment

juicing

K9 - I have been trying to decide whether or not to buy a NutriBullet. Did you really say it will handle a sweet potato? Now I have to get one. Wow! I heard that it rivaled the Vitamix (at a quarter of the price) but didn't really believe it until now. Thanks.
                          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

juicing

Moss-
                            I love love love mine! It will handle anything that is cut up into pieces. I've used squash and kale too. The possibilities are endless! If you take the time to chop up all your vegetables, then it's super fast to just throw everything together and blend it up.

Comment

juicing

thanks everyone
                              did try juice only at the week-end but gave in and had dinner can't sit and watch others eat
                              I'll stick to doing lunch and breakfast for the time being
                              I think it has helped with the sugar cravings

Comment

Working...
                              X