Mean drunk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mean drunk!

Are any of you mean when you drink? I am SO mean. I don't physically hurt anyone, but I say mean things to people I care about. Some of it I mean, but stuff that is better kept to myself. I don't do it to my kids, thank God. But, for example, last night I told my Mom off. She didn't deserve it and I feel terrible today. I have even called people on the phone to cuss them out.

Mean drunk!

I don't just get mean when I drink but if you make me mad then I can say the meanest things. It's like I can turn mean very quickly if I don't like what you say or do. Like you, I don't do that to the kids. My hubby takes the brunt of it.
    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Mean drunk!

TOC, I have a very sharp tounge; acid like . I have cut many to the quick. Even Calling My ex husbands wife who smokes "A dragon breath bitch" and other deraogatory things. I also get a little physical shoving my husband
      Not very proud of that, Don't really regreat the dragon breath bitch part though
      Mar

Comment

Mean drunk!

I'm normally fine until someone says something I don't like..then I can turn and say the most awful hateful mean things. And then not remember any of it and wake up the next day like I never said it, because I can't remember. It's amazing how fast you can go from the happiest person on earth; to the spawn of satan. I'm fine with my daughter (I never seem to lose my patience with her), but normally my poor husband takes the short end of the stick. I know I've hurt him with things I've said so many times, this is another good reason which has prompted me to try to stop and be myself again.

Comment

Mean drunk!

I don't think that I get mean, sometimes a little picky with my husband! My biggest problem is getting flirty (prob why bb is my chosen name) I once made my hubby give up his seat to a stranger who I then chatted up all night! Sober i'm not like that at all, Scary this alcohol thing!!!!!
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Mean drunk!

yep, I can be mean to my husband...but he deserves it!!! no, just kidding...I actually wasn't very nice last night! :-(

Comment

Mean drunk!

It is terrible. I hate it....

Comment

Mean drunk!

Aww...not judging here at all. But being on the flip side of this is an aweful place to be. When I drank I was just fun and happy. My ex however is how you describe. And I cant tell you how terrible it has been. Right now I dont care about the bad fights I was in with him. And how he hurt my spirit to the core. But it just kills me that my kids are there with him and I know they are having to deal with it on their own. Truly their is nothing worse then dealing with a hateful drunk person. It hurts everyone involved.
                Again.....please dont take offense to my words. I dont mean to hurt you in any way. I am glad for you that you see it. And we can all be mean with or withour alcohol. Myself included. Its just that you can never go back and fix what was said. Dont beat yourself up for whats already done just try to change.

(All except for the husbands stuff. Dilayne is probably right about that part. hee hee)
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Mean drunk!

I know Gabby and your words are just the truth....not offense taken at all. I am normally nice, but if I drink...in excess, I can be so mean. I am trying my best to change.....

Comment

Mean drunk!

I tend to get argumentative when I drink (especially with my husband). Every little thing that is bothering me just bubbles to the surface. It's never a good thing to talk about relationship issues when drunk. I'm currently in counseling to try to find my "happy place" in my life. Finding this site has been a godsend because I am really trying to change my drinking habits because I do really really want to find that "happy place". Having a plan and people to share things with here is so awesome. If I have been drinking, I remind myself over and over not to argue. And since being here at MYO, I haven't been that "mean" person that I was. One less thing to feel guilty about!

Julie

Comment

Mean drunk!

TOC,
                      I'm glad your here. And I'm glad that I'm here too. All this work is baby steps. And its not just about stoppin drinkin. There is so much more too. And the work never stops. All in it together.
                      hugs....
                      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Mean drunk!

Come to think of it, I shouldn't have insulted the dragon.

Comment

Mean drunk!

First of all, I am new to this site and found it after having a near emotional breakdown. I was on a perfect date (#5) with a guy that I really liked and seemed mutual. However, as the night went on and the drinking continued I became what he termed a "mean drunk" and turned on him at a bar. I called him out for sending me conflicting signals by texting and emailing me all the time indicating that he liked spending time with me, etc. but hadn't emailed me in three days and left me hanging...

He got up at the bar, threw down some money and left me there. I proceeded to follow him, realizing I had pushed his buttons and tried to apologize. I was feeling desperate and remember him physically pushing me away as if I was a threatening disease he could not stand. Something snapped and I let him walk off and leave me. I walked home and was very upset. I didn't remember exactly what I had done and was hysterical. He wouldn't answer his phone. Instead of staying at home, I went back to the bar and other nearby bars to try and find him. Finally I called my sister and she told me to go home and go to bed. He probably took a cab home and I should stop trying to find him and sleep it off. Needless to say, he emailed me a response to my email asking him what I had done and to please don't leave me hanging or never call me again. He said I had turned into a mean drunk and embarrassed him on his behavior so he left me.

Of course, I am mortified and very ashamed. I've had this behavior ever since I can remember. I come from an alcoholic family and only 1 out of 4 siblings do not get mean when they drink. I've ruined a promising relationship and am researching repressed anger related to alcoholism. I've apologized to this person but I'm afraid the damage has been done and he has moved on. I now count my drinks when I'm out. However, I'm not so sure alcohol is the only thing that brings this side of me out. I'm in therapy and want to distinguish this part of me forever. I do realize that there is a lot of fear and injury in my past and that this will take time and I have to be very patient with myself.

I hope that by writing this, I can somehow help someone else that has similar problems. Just know, nothing can be done on your own and it takes focus, integrity, and determination to become a healthier and better person. I'm just very sorry that this guy had to be the "mirror" for me to get this reality check. I can only take this experience as the greatest lesson in life and learn and make every effort to make sure it never happens again.

Comment

Mean drunk!

I went from Jekyll to Hyde when I drank. Was HORRIBLE to Hubs. I still cringe.
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Mean drunk!

Hi Princesslea,
                              Thank you for sharing your experience, I'm sure most of us here can relate to it or something similar (I know I can!). Towards the end of my drinking I was turning into a really mean drunk. I was also starting to blackout on a regular basis, so I wouldn't even remember all the hateful things I said. Trying to piece together the previous night is such a horrible feeling, and it's what finally made me stop altogether. I couldn't take the shame and embarrassment anymore. I'm so glad that you've joined us here on this site, you will find so much support and encouragement. Please keep posting and let us know how you're doing!
                              K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X